A Sex Journal for Couples is a beautiful, shared journal designed to give couples resources and space to reflect on and explore their sex life together.
When we started dating, we came up with the idea of keeping a sex journal as a way of figuring out what made for great sex. We thought, if we worked out all of the variables, we could become sex gurus and sunset off into early retirement.
Little did we know, we had A LOT to discover about each other's bodies, perspectives, and experiences. Keeping a sex journal gave us a simple way to have these conversations, which ultimately, transformed our relationship and lives.
We know that open and intentional conversations about sex can benefit more people than just the two of us. That's why we created A Sex Journal for Couples. It contains all of the resources we've gathered and lessons we've learned, so you can have a simple way to take your connection to the next level.
We sifted through decades of research, then gathered feedback from dozens of experts and hundreds of people to develop A Sex Journal for Couples. We distilled everything we've learned into a practical, fun, and beautiful tool, so you don't have to do that same work.
All in all, the journal contains over 200 pages of resources and exercises. Here's what's inside:
- Communication Toolkits: Principles, tips, and examples to help you have effective conversations about sex and intimacy
- Intentions-Setting Exercises: Check in about your shared and individual motivations and commitments
- Intimacy Exercises: Tools to get practice having conversations and journaling about sex and intimacy
- Guided Entry Pages: Space to journal with positive inspiration and prompts to help you reflect, explore, and connect
- Over 200 pages of resources and exercises
- Lays flat for easy writing
- Measures 8.25" x 5.25", a great, compact size with a comfortable amount of room for memories, reflections, and ideas
- Durable fabric hardcover, designed to be a beautiful keepsake of your relationship
We believe in the frameworks and tools that we've put together and know that they can help you check in and connect. We've worked hard to create something that you'll love and can't wait to share it with you!
Whether you’re in a new relationship or have been together for decades, A Sex Journal for Coupleswill open up room for new conversations and deeper connection. It's a great tool to:
- Invest in your intimacy. This journal is a beautiful home for intimate conversations.
- Start the conversation. If talking about sex is new in your relationship, this journal is a great way to open up space for discussion. It's a great way to bring mindfulness and intentionality into your sex life.
- Create and explore new adventures. Spark new conversations, discover more about each other, and expand your sex life.
- Give as a gift. We designed the journal to become a beautiful artifact. You can feel confident giving it as a gift whether for an anniversary, wedding, or birthday.
We've been working up to this first print run of A Sex Journal for Couples since April 2018. Over the past year, we've researched, prototyped, tested, and iterated on the concept, content, and design. We're finally ready to offer the journal to you.
This Kickstarter campaign will run from February 24, 2019 through March 31, 2019. Once the campaign closes, we'll get into manufacturing. We expect to ship journals near the end of June 2019, so they should arrive by July 2019.
We're Levina Li and Caleb Spaulding, a couple based in Brooklyn, New York.
We created A Sex Journal in 2018, after we discovered how powerful it was to have open conversations about sex in our relationship. We create simple tools that inspire people to connect intimately and authentically. Our mission is to enable joyful and fulfilling relationships.
Launching A Sex Journal for Couples. We need your help to bring this project to life. YOU are the catalyst for this journal existing in the world. This Kickstarter is to fund production for the journals and, if all goes well, expand the work we're doing to create open spaces to talk about sex and sexuality. Any amount of support you can contribute makes a huge difference in helping us bring more joy and connection into the world.
Continuing to host community events. In the process of bringing this project life, we've discovered that it’s not just important to have conversations about sex within relationships — it’s also incredibly important to have conversations about sex within communities. So, we’ve been hosting free and low-cost monthly events that have brought together hundreds of people (mostly total strangers) to explore intimacy and talk about sex and sexuality! We plan to continue this work.
Sharing stories online. Through building A Sex Journal for Couples and hosting community events, we've heard hundreds of stories about relationships and life that have inspired us to live with so much more love and compassion. We want to expand this movement by sharing these stories back out online!
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you your consideration and support. A Sex Journal for Couples was born out of love - not just ours, but that of our communities and the hundreds of people around the world who have helped us bring this project to life. We hope to spread that love far and wide and contribute to more joyful human connection on this planet.
Risks and challenges
Printing, storing, and delivering any product requires a lot of planning, resources, and time. If this Kickstarter campaign exceeds our wildest expectations, fulfillment will be our biggest challenge. We've lined up great partners in the US and internationally to help us keep things on track. We've also assembled a great team of advisors to help us ensure that our backers have a great experience.
We're aware that this project wouldn't be possible without you. We will carefully oversee every step of this process, so you'll receive a quality product and be proud to have backed us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)