Frequently Asked Questions
Airbridge is for anybody has an iPad or iPhone. Here’s some common uses you might find for airbridge.
• Students, educators and professionals can use airbridge to give on-the-go presentations. Snap in your iOS device. Plug the base piece to a TV or projector. You’re golden Mr./Mrs. Presenter. Just smile and you’ll definitely get that A+ if you’re a student or that new account if you’re a salesman.
• Gamers can enjoy their iOS games on the big screen with full performance and quality
• Party hosts and hostesses can provide lossless entertainment from their favorite iOS entertainment apps. Think iTunes on your HDTV or simply surround sound system.
• People who can’t afford to keep up with the Joneses. Tired of seeing ads for all the new smart-TVs that you can’t afford? airbridge turns your old HDTV into a smart one, with a nifty touch-screen controller. Bet the Joneses don’t have that, do they?
• Coffee shop residents and restaurant conference roomers can use airbridge’s file sharing service so that hey, they don’t forget to send that report you need when they get back to the office (because they don’t have to wait to get back to the office).
• How about a big group video conferencing? Now you don’t need to invest thousands of dollars into a deluxe video conferencing system. All you need is a big screen on the wall, and an iPad on the conference room table. Oh, have I mentioned you can use any videoconference apps that you want?
• Digital Signage, you no longer need to hotwire your iPad physically with HDTV. You can store your iPad somewhere remote, configure things as you need, and showing content without compromising any quality
• Trade show, or anything else you can think of doing with an iOS device with a big screen or with other iOS device.Last updated:
Group broadcast mirroring
• NO Power needed, NO WiFi needed, NO TV/Projector needed
• airbridge creates its own WiFi (if there is WiFi, it’ll connect)
• airbridge captures and converts mirroring video to MP4 format.
• airbridge app on viewer's device can pick up mirroring video feed; can take snapshots, draw notes, etc.
• Presenter can plug USB flash drive into airbridge device for saving his/her presentation.
2 steps cordless mirroring.
• Snap in the handheld piece with iPhone/iPad, plug in the base piece with TV/Projector. The screen will mirror exactly what’s going on your device
• 40 foot cordless range.
• No quality compromise - Full HD 1080p, Lossless audio, no lagging, no frame rate drop.
• Can plug in 3.5mm audio only – turn your iPhone/iPad to a mobile DJ
1 gesture file transfer.
• airbridge companion app is also a fully featured file manager
• Works with or without cloud services (MobileMe, Sugarsync, box, dropbox and skydrive)
• Authenticate your account with social media (Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin)
• Auto detects close by users on a network for “giving” files directly
• Bluetooth will be used when network is not availableLast updated:
Yes. We have come up with a design of swappable connector so that your airbridge can be used with both new and old iOS devices.Last updated:
If the goal is not met, we won't have the needed funding to manufacture Airbridge for you. Pledge today not only show support but help make Airbridge possible sooner.
If the pledge goal is not met, no one get charged at all. Besides, even if kickstarter failed, we will find other means to make airbridge to happen, and we still want to send out airbridge to backers at the price they supported us (about 30-40% off of retail) just to say "Thank You". Either way, YOU WIN :)Last updated:
Combined specifications and features:
• 3 hours powerless playtime (if funding allows, we’ll shoot for 8 hours).
• Compatible with iPad (1,2,3) and iPhone (4,4S).
• Mirroring feature is only supported on iPad2, iPad3, iPhone4S, and any future iOS devices.
• TV out feature is supported on iPad1 and iPhone4.
• Cordless 1080p mirroring with lossless audio.
• airbridge app support.
airbridge Pro unique specifications and features:
• Output: HDMI, VGA, V/A 3.5mm, and USB 3.0.
• Input: micro-USB charging port.
• Cordless mirroring: HDMI, VGA, V/A 3.5mm.
• Mirroring video record (MP4) onto USB flash drive.
• Mirroring video streaming over WiFi to up to 10 network connected iOS devices.
airbridge Lite unique specifications and features:
• Output: HDMI, and V/A 3.5mm.
• Input: micro-USB charging port.
• Cordless mirroring: HDMI, V/A 3.5mm.
airbridge App specifications and features:
• Quick and easy file transfer between up to 10 iOS device users who are on the same wireless network.
• Automatically discover nearby devices that are on the same wireless network when sharing files.
• Give files out through Bluetooth when WiFi is absent.
• Fave users who you frequently give files for faster and simpler sharing.
• Store files on your iOS device, or connect to dropbox, box.com, and skydrive accounts over the cloud.
• Connect your airbridge to your Facebook or LinkedIn accounts for ease-of-access.
• Connect to airbridge Pro presentations with up to 9 other users.
• Record presentation video feed.
• Take screenshots of the presentation you’re watching and take notes.
• Easily downloaded through the Apple Store.
• If funding allows, we’ll want to up the 10 users limitation to at least 20 or 30.Last updated:
There will be two versions of the App. The Free App (which is free) and the Full App (which will be $3.99; or free when you purchase either edition of airbridge device). Anyone wanting to view the "presenters screen" (i.e. the persons screen mirroring with the airbridge device connected) will need at least the Free Version.
The Free App will be able to view presentations and will be limited to sending files less than 10 MB. The Full App will offer sending files from MobileMe / Box.net / Dropbox / SugarSync / SkyDrive and will not have a cap on sharing files. You do NOT need the Full versions of the app to share your screen.Last updated:
Here are the cordless mirroring differences between Airbridge and AppleTV.
1) Long initial setup time
- not counting time spending on physical setup and tear down
2) Not environmental or fool proof
- can only function in an ideal environment: well/loose setup WiFi, power outlet, TV/Projector
- even with ideal environment, user still have to be somewhat tech savvy to ensure a flawless setup and experience.
3) Downgraded quality during mirroring mode
- iPad/iPhone’s battery life will be drained significantly fast during AirPlay Mirror mode
- Both video and audio quality are downgraded significantly with any apps other than Apple’s native apps (Music and Movie)
- At least 1/10 of a second latency and significant frame rate drops for intense app and games.
- iPad/iPhone performance slowed down, especially with intense app and games.
All these results are not pleasant for business users, educators, students, gamers, or for anybody with serious use.
1) No set up time needed
- for normal cordless mirroring, 2 snaps are all needed.
- for group broadcast mirroring, members simply need to open airbridge app, press “presentation”, and select presenter to connect to for mirroring streaming
2) Environmental and fool proof
- super portable: completely battery powered
- for normal cordless mirroring, again, 2 snaps – no WiFi needed, no setup, reliable, always works; only thing you need is a TV/projector
- (AirBridge Pro) for group broadcast mirroring, can function with or without power, TV/projector, or WiFi (Airbridge Pro can create its own WiFi)
3) No Quality and Performance compromise
- No iPad/iPhone battery or CPU power consumed by airbridge: full performance of iPad/iPhone
- for normal cordless mirroring, quality in Full HD 1080p video, lossless audio, no lagging, no frame rate drop
- for group broadcast mirroring, video stream will be compressed to MP4 (720p video, 128 Kbits audio)
Airbridge is created as a well-rounded solution for both the road and home. It is designed to exceed Apple TV in ALL circumstances in cordless mirroring, especially in portability and performance.Last updated:
Airbridge devices will be assembled and manufactured in the USA with the highest quality materials, with the lowest negative environmental impact possible. Period.
One of the major reasons why we went into business is to put food on American families’ tables. Not that we don’t trust people from other countries, but we live in and work in the USA and want to be a mechanism for positive economic change in our country. We believe this so much, we have committed that if we raise more than $10 million for this airbridge project, we will go to a city with one of the highest unemployment rates in the USA and try to help by setting up our manufacturing operations there and creating as many jobs as possible.
So when you support our kickstarter project, you’re also supporting a struggling nation.Last updated:
If this kickstarter project is a success, we do plan on developing airbridge for other platforms besides iOS. First we will focus on Mac and Windows 8, and move on to other popular mobile device platforms (android, Windows Phone, etc.). One of the largest challenges we will face developing this technology, and why we chose not to support devices on other platforms with this launch, is that almost all non-iOS devices are distinctly different from one another. I.e. all iPads and iPhones have the same shape, form and connection ports, so we could create a product that would fit and work well with every iPad and iPhone. This is not the case for all Android smartphones, or all laptops, etc.
We want to see airbridge work with every major device and platform. We want to see future versions of the app that will include things like NFC ability for “giving" files, the ability to control what you display through airbridge devices instead of just mirroring (for more smooth transitions in presentations), the ability to preview more documents in native ways (within the app), and other improvements that will make airbridge a one-stop app.Last updated:
Anywhere anytime impromptu cordless iPad/iPhone mirroring for presentation.Last updated:
Please get a wristband, a t-shirt or something!! Only with your support, we can make airbridge for droid, windows phone, tablet, and laptops (Win and Mac) ASAP. We really want to make airbridge a seamless cross-platform bridging solution! Please show us you want this too by backing us one way or another :)Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question