The new album is done! I'm thrilled to announce that Sephyra is mixed, mastered, and ready to go off to the press. The songs are eagerly awaiting the chance to jump into your ears and wiggle into your heart. All we've got to do is put a pretty bow on them and they'll be off like a prom dress…
This is where YOU come in. I will press CDs and VINYL (yippee, it's a first!), and make a music video with San Francisco Post:Ballet artistic director Robert Dekkers and his acclaimed dancers - rehearsals are underway! I also hope to collaborate with a team of talented artists to create an art book to visualize the journey of the music.
And this music has been a journey. One of rising up, falling down, and getting up again a bit stronger and wiser. Over and over. Like humans do. The album was a few years in the making, but the songs span a greater distance. Some are new, some were conceived in the last millennium. Some I wrote on my own, and others are the fruits of collaborations with various genius composers, producers and musicians. Several songs went through many incarnations before finding their way here.
Join me for this final leg of the journey, and I'll share the behind-the-scenes stories, snapshots, and snippets, the dreams and poetry that became songs, and where on earth the name Sephyra came from. You'll hear from the artists who contributed to this work, and I'll share my process of bringing the album and music video together as well.
There's much I want to do. While Sephyra is my sixth release, this is my first fundraising campaign, so aiming for a BIG SUCCESS, we'll start with the basics and add on goodies if we exceed our goals.
If we reach our goal of $8,000 we will produce a music video for the song 'Down by the River' with SF Post:Ballet, and will release Limited Edition runs of Sephyra on both CD and VINYL! Both the CD and double stereo-LP vinyl will be packaged in beautiful, 100% recycled eco-sleeves with either hand produced (by us!) screen-printing or gorgeous letterpress artwork.
If we raise $10,000 we will upgrade to COLORED Vinyl, and upgrade both CD and Vinyl pressings, including lyric inserts and letterpress artwork for both editions.
If we raise $12,000 we will produce a Limited Edition Art/Lyric Book containing handwritten lyrics, sketches, photos, collages related to the making of the album and the stories behind the songs. We will also produce a PDF/Video version of the Art Book including audio and video clips related to the making of the album, and high-res files of Down by the River, Ella and Easy videos.
If we exceed $12,000 extra money raised will go towards some or all of the following: Covering the costs of production, mastering, photos and artwork on the album ($7,200); putting an amazing live band together to do a few special performances of the songs on Sephyra; and production costs for the next album, which is already written and ready to go into production.
All pledgers receive:
- Advance download of Begin Again & Passage singles
- YOUR NAME in the Sephyra album liner notes Eternally Grateful section (Pledge by October 1 to have your name in the printed CD liner notes. Pledge after October 1 and your name will appear in the digital liner notes only).
- YOUR NAME in the Angel Producer credits of the 'Down by the River' music video
- Pledger-only blog updates (including video, audio, photos) throughout the campaign.
- A big ol' heap of gratitude from me, and warm heart-cockles that come from helping independent art get born in the world.
- Any other goodies I think of along the way…
What the money buys:
- CD pressing ($2000-2500)
* Basic: CDs, Eco-wallets, Letterpress design & printing $2000
* *Upgraded: Add lyric insert $500
- Music video production costs ($5000)
* 5 Dancers: $2500
* 2 Fire Performers: $100
* Videographers/Editor: $1000
* Makeup/hair for 6: $1000
* Costumes for 6: $400
- Vinyl pressing ($1000-2500)
* Basic: Vinyl pressing on black vinyl, DIY eco-sleeve artwork $1000
* *Upgraded: Add Colored Vinyl, letterpress artwork, lyric insert $1500
- (30 days)