Paddle boarding has become our favorite activity, but, let's face it, is not very convenient. Until now, the two options have been a difficult to store and transport hard boards or convenient, but poorly performing inflatable boards.
So we asked ourselves: How can we make a stand up paddle board that is both high-performance AND convenient (plus never need to be repaired)?
After years and many dollars in R&D, we're excited to bring you Easy Eddy, a convenient, virtually indestructible, high-performance three-piece paddle board!
We care about the oceans, lakes, rivers and ponds we paddle on, that's why we're making the Easy Eddy from recyclable materials. That means no styrofoam, no fiberglass, and no toxic PVC found in all non-recyclable hard boards and inflatable SUPs.
Easy Eddy, when unassembled, easily fits in your:
As we develop and test Easy Eddy, we realize that there were a few accessory items that make Easy Eddy even MORE convenient and portable. These are available in some of the reward packages, or you can add them on to your order by increasing your pledge level accordingly.
- Easy Eddy Carry Strap - $25 (50% off MSRP of $50)
- Artech Three-piece aluminum handled paddle - $35 (50% off MSRP of $70)
- Carry Strap AND Artech three-piece aluminum handled paddle - $50 (58% off MSRP of $120)
- Rolling Case - $200 (33% off MSRP of $300)
- COMPLETE Easy Eddy Add On Pack - $235 (44% off MSRP of $420)
Easy Eddy Specs:
- Assembled Dimensions: 10ft 2in x 32.5in x 5.5in (310 x 82.5 x 14cm)
- Unassembled Dimensions: 49in x 32.5in x 15.5in (124.5 x 82.5 x 39.5cm)
- Volume: 240L
- Weight: 37lbs (16.8kg)*
- Material: Proprietary HDPE Blend proven in white water kayaks (100% Recyclable)
- Action Camera Mount
- Full Length Deck Pad
- Integrated Storage
- Retractable Fin (retracts for storage and upon impact)
- Bungee System
- Patent Pending
- Recommended for user weights up to 225lbs for best performance
*We continue to find ways to reduce the weight of the Easy Eddy Paddle Board, so the final, shipped board weight may be lower--we will keep you updated!
It wasn't easy, but we knew there HAD to be a way to make the world's best performing and convenient SUP. We started from scratch, rolled up our sleeves and dug in.
And, along the way, we bought a Roto-Molding factory...
Easy Eddy's path to Kickstarter involved:
- Years of R&D including many designs and revisions, fiberglass prototypes, sample molds and field testing.
- Revolutionary, patent-pending, new three-piece design and joint system!
- The purchase of our own ROTO-MOLDING FACTORY!! (We could try what we wanted, when we wanted, without limitation.)
- Highly-engineered, specialized HDPE formula
PLUS, roto-molding enabled us to build in other cool features, such as:
- Virtually indestructible board
- Water-resistant storage hatch
- Convenient handles in the nose, center and tail
- Retractable fin
- Cup holder
Easy Eddy will be molded in the USA in our own roto-molding factory. We will not depend on others to produce our boards. We estimate that shipping will begin approximately 6-8 weeks after the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
- First Wave - First Wave shipments will ship in June and July
- Second Wave - Second Wave shipments will ship in August and September
We're excited about bringing Easy Eddy Paddle Boards to the world, but we can only bring the world's first advanced, high performing, and incredibly convenient, eco-friendly SUP to the paddle boarding world with your help!
So tell a friend. They'll thank you later! We promise. :)
Special Thanks To:
Risks and challenges
Because we own the roto-molding factory where Easy Eddy Paddle Boards will be manufactured, have materials and molds sourced and have produced many test boards, we are able to mitigate most of the risks related to manufacturing and distribution. There may, however, be unforeseen issues that could delay shipment, but the delays would be minimal.
Production will begin once we reach our funding goal.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Environmental commitmentsVisit our Environmental Resources Center to learn how Kickstarter encourages sustainable practices.
- (30 days)