Frequently Asked Questions
Der leichteren internationalen Verständigung wegen (u.a. bei den Kommentaren) ist die Hauptsprache des Kickstarters Englisch. Im Rahmen der Updates werden aber auch alle wichtigen Texte auf Deutsch veröffentlicht werden.Last updated:
The game is essentially language independent. The lead version of Era of Tribes is in English, but we will also provide you with printed rules in German (French and Polish rules are under way, but not yet finished). Other versions will depend on the availability of qualified translators and how many backers of a language support the game.Last updated:
The game will be shipped with the English and the German rules. But we will also provide you with downloads of the rules for all other available languages. French and Polish rules will be available as Downloads. If we get 250 or more backers of a language, we will add printed rules for this language.Last updated:
You just need to rise your pledge sum accordingly (you do not change your pledge!). Let's say you want 3 copies of the game, it means 3x 53€ for a total pledge of 159€. The numbers of copies you want you later need to enter in the Pledge Manager, so please make a note of how many copies you pledged for.Last updated:
No, the additional copies will get a reduced shipping cost. Buying more copies or a higher pledge level will increase the shipping, but only by a small amount.Last updated:
Yes, absolutely!Last updated:
Yes you can! You can upgrade your pledge at any time during the campaign or after the campaign during the Pledge Manager.Last updated:
Every component of the game will be thoroughly proof-read before production, so don't worry. The game you see now is an advanced prototype, but a prototype nonetheless. But since we are not perfect we appreciate every typo mentioned to us.Last updated:
All links to all available videos are added to Kickstarter main page.Last updated:
All links to all available previews are added to Kickstarter main page.Last updated:
All of the Stretch Goals will fit into the core game box, but the Landscapers Add-On will come in a seperate box.Last updated:
No, we won't. But you can test-play a virtual version here:
You can order several copies as a group and thus reduce the shipping cost for all of you. Or you can get your copy at our booth at the SPIEL ’19.Last updated:
The component quality and materials used are listed under "What´s in the box" on the Kickstarter main page. We will also provide pictures during the campaign.Last updated:
No, there won't.Last updated:
1. Click on the “Manage your pledge” green button at the top of the page.
2. On the next screen, click on the blue “Change your pledge” button.
3. Then, in the current reward box you’ve chosen, increase the pledge amount by the value of the add-on and then click on the green “Continue” button.
4. A new window will appear, click on the blue “Confirm” button.
5. It’s done!
6. A few weeks after the Kickstarter campaign ends, we will send you the “Pledge Manager” and invite you to complete it. Here you'll be able to tell us how many copies you pledged for or which additional copies you’d like to purchase and in which language (if printed extra languages got unlocked).Last updated:
Since some of you might use Kickstarter for the first time we also included the registration process. The others please start reading at 9.
1. Go to the Kickstarter homepage. Click on the „SIGN UP” button.
2. Complete the SIGN UP form with the requested information. Check the box under the blank spaces and click on the green “SIGN ME UP!” button.
3. Now that you have a Kickstarter account, you should connect it to your credit card. Click on the blue button in the top right corner.
4. Select “ACCOUNT” in the dropdown menu.
5. Once you select ACCOUNT, click on “PAYMENT METHODS”.
6. When you’ve selected PAYMENT METHODS, click on the green “ADD A NEW CARD” button.
7. Enter the requested card information.
8. This is what the PAYMENT METHODS page looks like once you successfully connect your card.
MAKING A PLEDGE
9. You can now enter the Era of Tribes Kickstarter page and look at the list of pledges.
10. Each pledge includes its description and sum.
11. Click on your pledge of choice.
12. Once you select a pledge, you will see the shipping details and the total sum of your pledge. Select “CONTINUE”.
13. Select the payment card you wish to use for your pledge, and double-check the total pledge sum. Then click on the green “PLEDGE” button.
14. Congratulations! You’ve successfully backed our Kickstarter project!
15. You will receive a confirmation mail with information about the sum and the project you backed.Last updated:
The simple reason is the financial risk. The risk and the funding goal are way lower if we focus on the core game first and add the expansions later as the funding increases. And don´t worry, nothing has been taken away from the game, the core game is the game how it was envisioned. The expansions are ideas we later had and which turned out to be good. The core game is the full experience and the expansions are there for increasing the experience once you have played the core game many times.Last updated:
Yes it is possible! Select your pledge level as usual and then look up how much the other pledge levels for your friends will cost you. Add those numbers and enter them as the pledge sum. Later - when you get the Pledge Manager - you will be able to tell us which pledge levels you have chosen for your friends.Last updated:
Mostly, Yes. The game is over 90% finished. The remaining 10% are improvements thanks to your suggestions (like the coins) and going over the rules and editing them one last time. I.e soon after the end of the Kickstarter we can give the OK to the factory. The factory already sent us a preview copy of the game and we already corrected the few issues we found (color correction, placement issues, etc.). So production is going to happen quite soon.
But, after the game has been shipped from the factory a lot can still happen, ships can sink, warehouses burn,... etc. Of course, we don´t want this to happen, but one always needs to keep this in mind when calculating shipping times. And such things rarely happen. The biggest timesink often is customs and it is difficult to say why some containers with games are only a week in customs and others way longer. But we took the average and added some extra time and hopefully the game will get to Germany quite some time before SPIEL.
If nothing special happens you should be able to get your copy at SPIEL, but we can´t give you a 100% yes for the above reasons.
If the container really gets delayed until after SPIEL we will offer you normal shipping.Last updated:
21.) The 5/6-player expansion mentions sometimes white and sometimes pink pieces. Which color are we getting?
That was our mistake. In the beginning we went for white and green for the expansion, but after some time and a lot of talking with our backers we decided to go for pink and green. So it is pink and green, white is history. We changed it wherever it was possible, but the reason you still encounter it is: KS does not allow to change some parts of the KS after they have been posted or the KS has started. And those parts still have the old text.Last updated:
The different editions have the same core components (i.e. the full game), but some also contain the expansions that got unlocked during the campaign.
There are four versions of Era of Tribes:
> Chieftain's Edition (53,- €)
This is the standard version and contains everything you need for the full game experience.
> King's Edition (66,- €)
This version has the same contents as the Chieftain Edition, but also contains the 5/6-player expansion.
> Landscaper's Edition (77,- €)
This version has the same contents as the Chieftain Edition, but also contains the Modular Game Tile expansion.
> Emperor´s Edition (88,- €)
This version has the same contents as the Chieftain Edition, but also contains the Modular Game Tile expansion and the 5/6-player expansion.Last updated:
Yes, you can pledge just for the coins. Just choose the pledge level (25,- €).
If you already pledge for the game simply increase your pledge sum by 25,- €.
If you want more than one set of coins [55 coins, consisting of 35x 1 Thaler (20mm), 10x 5 Thaler (25mm) and 10x 10 Thaler (30mm)] you simply add 25,- € per set to your pledge sum.
We will try to reduce shipping cost for the coin-only backers as much as possible.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question