Alex Priest - everyone's favorite genderqueer vampire hunter - is back for round two! Alex and Janelle make a plan to actively hunt the demons that got the drop on them last time, but the vampires strike first. And they strike hard.
Plot: In a world where vampires and demon ilk are very, very real, two agencies work to keep the world safe from the forces of darkness. Demon Eradication And Denial (DEAD LLC) is a corporate entity that charges itself with the training and employment of demon slayers – specialists in combating magical beings. Living Corpses that Bite (LC & B) is a tax exempt public entity that relies on time proven traditions to keep humanity safe from vampires. When hunting evil became blue collar work, the evil had to evolve.
Recent evidence suggests vampires have learned to use magic, meaning they’re more than just a nightly threat. For the first time since their inception, DEAD LLC and LC & B will have to join forces. Which means, for the first time since their bitter break up, Alexandra Priest and Janelle Garcia will have to face one another – or risk an apocalypse. No pressure.
What are people saying about Alex Priest?
- Rated 4.3/5 by Outrightgeekery.com
- "This first issue of Alex Priest sucked me in immediately with the epic action sequence between Alex and the vampires. Not only are the fighting moments so fantastically done, but I loved the fun comedic moments added throughout." -- The Nerdy Girl Express
- "...simply an entertaining read... it is a snarky and quick witted story about a dealing with a developing threat which takes vampire hunting to a new level… A bureaucratic and sarcastic level. This take on vampire hunting or saving humanity not from the shadows is actually my favorite aspect of the story." -- Latravious Calloway (EVIAN RISING #1-2)
- "Alex Priest is pure delight, an LGBTQ Buffy in an engaging world of surprising depth and detail. It's got action, romance, laughs, monsters, and all the other cool things that make life worth living." -- Travis Holyfield (STREET CLOTHES)
We were also awarded ComixCentral's Comic of the Week!
- November 1st: We're live!
- November 8th: Variant cover reveal + Print add-on added
- November 21st: GOAL!!!!
- Creator: Jenn Arledge - Jenn Arledge is a comic writer and founder of Arledge Comics. Jenn's credits span from the award winning ALEX PRIEST series to all ages titles like FUTURE GIRL (Pixabits) and science fiction titles like JUST AN ORDINARY GUY (Mindless Designs Comics).
- Principle Artist: Scott Malin - Scott Malin may be fresh on the scene, but he’s been drawing since he first gripped a pencil. His style is a unique and flavorful take on manga, that he’s spent years honing, putting in countless hours to get to where he is today.
- Variant Cover #1: Stella Violari - Stella studied illustration in the UK and recently finished her MA in lovely and sunny Cyprus. She’s been in love with drawing ever since she could hold a pencil (proof: her mother cries every time someone mentions “white walls” at home) and she’s über passionate about games, comics, anime, cartoons, and movies. In short: if it comes on a screen, she’ll take it.
- Variant Cover #2: Jenn St-Onge - Jenn St-Onge (aka “Princess Jem”) is the Canadian illustrator/comic artist behind IDW’s JEM & THE MISFITS, Emet Comics’ FINDING MOLLY, and Inclusive Press's upcoming BINGO LOVE, along with a selection of cover work with companies such as Archie Comics, BOOM! Studios, Valiant Entertainment, and Oni Press. She’s the princess of coffee-loving cat ladies and currently lives just outside Toronto, Ontario, with her husband, four cats, and one doggo.
The bulk of the funds will go toward production costs of Alex Priest #3 - our first Kickstarter was amazingly successful, so I was able to get a major jump start on issue two. This time around, I built a bit of a buffer into the budget to better cover shipping.
On top of offering two issues of Alex Priest in both print and digital forms, we've got extra goodies for you to pick up. The Alex Priest chibi stickers are back, and we've got new trading card designs to feature. We're also offering an all new variant cover for issue two - illustrated by Jenn St-Onge.
Check out the rewards sidebar to find the combo that works for you!
Running List of Add-Ons:
- Alex Priest #1
- Trading Card Set
- Sticker Set
- St-Onge Print
Check out this five page preview of Alex Priest #1!!
Have questions about this campaign? Hit us up on social media!
Risks and challenges
In my first Kickstarter campaign, I greatly underestimated shipping - both cost and effort. This time around, I've already lined up a fulfillment service. So I'm much more prepared for this Kickstarter. Shipping will be less expensive than before and much more streamlined.
I have also developed working relationships with the vendors I will be ordering rewards from. So I don't foresee any surprises in production timing or costs.
My creative team and I have worked on two issues now, so I'm very confident in our ability to follow through on this issue and the rest of the series.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)