Few periods in history have been as important in shaping the world of today as the colonial race for global supremacy in the 19th century. All the European powers, including the recently formed Imperial Germany, began to aggressively expand and fight to share the rest of the world, while the sleeping giants, USA and Japan consolidated their power.
Colonial Conquest (TM) brings us back to this period of unbridled expansion and annexation of the world. Play as either the USA, Japan, the United Kingdom, France, Germany or Russia and forge or expand your empire. Manage carefully your resources to defend your centres of production, fortify your territories, finance the enemies of your enemies, disseminate spies across the globe, bribe independent countries into supporting your policies, build new troops and fleets, attack minor and major countries to build your colonial empire.
Colonial Conquest (TM)
The title of the game has indeed been chosen as an homage to the thirty-years old “grand” Colonial Conquest and we have worked on the game with the aim of offering to old-times veterans a mellowing trip down memory lane but adapted to modern-days hardware, and to newcomers an experience worth trying – and we hope – enjoying as much we did its ancestor.
The game is designed to allow for either fast game sessions or deeper, longer ones, against the AI or with/against your friends.
At the moment, it runs on PC. It shall be soon adapted to other platforms as well.
NEW (12th April 2015): see below a preview video of a quick 2-3 turn gameplay in hotseat mode, 3 players, of the current beta version now under tests.
- Play as one of six Major countries: USA, UK, France, Germany, Russia or Japan
- Over 75 territories to fight for and hold against your foes
- Manage your centres of production, build troops and fleets
- Send spies and manages bribes to corrupt your way into global domination
- Sophisticated AI both for Major and Minors countries
- 3 levels of difficulty
- Set your own objectives or play until the world has been conquered
- 3 scenarios at the start (Standard, 1880, 1914)
- HotSeat multiplayer option
- Game available in English, German, Spanish, French
- Cool visual feel and retro map look
We've uploaded more screenshots on our website HERE
Play as the leader of your country and drive your people to global dominance! Depending on the scenario, you shall play as Theodore Roosevelt, Grover Cleveland, Queen Victoria, Tsar Alexander III Romanov, Kaiser Wilhelm II, Emperor Meiji, Jules Ferry, ...
In a word of rapidly expanding industrialization and communications, new means of warfare, both on land and at sea, allowed for a new birth of imperialism.
We are looking to raise additional funds to help us polish the game, add cool new features and also bringing it to iOS and Android. We want to add a fully online multiplayer system, cross-platforms leaderboards, new scenarios and objectives, a new optional visual “retro” pixellized style and a scenario editor for all to add their own scenarios, skins and creations. If we are successful, we are currently targeting to release the game to our backers in May 2015 and shortly after on digital platforms.
We, Argonauts Interactive, are a Montreal-based developer and publisher focusing on Old School games for core gamers. Argonauts Interactive was founded by a small team of gamers passionate about strategy and RPG.
The team has experience working on various strategy games titles, and recently helped Crispon Games, founded by Paradox Development Studio's lead designer Chris King, to release Galactic Inheritors on Steam.
The Colonial Conquest team comprises Bellephoron, Argos and Orpheus on design and production, as well as Gilles, Geoffrey and Sephora on development.
A few more details on the pledges we are expecting...
- 2nd Lieutenant: Pledge $1 or more: You are a GREAT support: you help us know you like what we’re trying to do and we feel less alone in the world!!! Also receive the exclusive soundtrack of the game, reminder of the Victorian Era.
- Lieutenant: Pledge $10 or more: receive a digital version of the game on the platform of your choice, and get mentioned as Bronze support in the game’s credits
- Captain: Pledge $15 or more: receive a digital version of the game on two platforms of your choice, to play with a friend
- Major: Pledge $30 or more: same as Stage 3 PLUS receive a digital copy of the photo book “The Victorian Era”, and get mentioned as Silver Support in the game’s credits
- Colonel: Pledge $50 or more: same as Stage 4 PLUS Receive a physical copy of the book “The Victorian Era” as well as access to the Multiplayer version in beta stage. You will also unlock a unique profile in the multiplayer version.
- Major General: Pledge $100 or more: same as Stage 5 PLUS receive all future content for Colonial Conquest for free, access the multiplayer and the future versions at beta stage, and get mentioned as Gold Support in the game’s credits
- General: Pledge $250 or more: same as Stage 6 PLUS receive a copy of Colonial Conquest: The Board Game, and be mentioned as a Gold support
- Field Marshal: Pledge $500 or more: same as Stage 7 above PLUS design your OWN official scenario and map working with the team, and get mentioned as Scenario Designer in the game’s credits
- Minister of War: Pledge $1,000 or more: same as Stage 8 PLUS receive all future games of Argonauts Interactive for free, receive a medal of the Victorian Era in your effigy, and a unique Victorian Memorabilia. In addition, unlock one of the unique 12 multiplayer profiles allowing you to play as Victoria, Wilhelm II, or one of the other leaders of the time.
- Emperor: Pledge $2,500 or more (max. 10): Same as Stage 9 above PLUS come spend a day with the team where you ll be able to engage with the designers and the developers, access the Behind the Scene of the game and get mentioned as Designer of the game. In addition, unlock one of the two unique online avatar profiles designed specifically for you.
Risks and challenges
The game is already in beta version as the team has been working since March 2014 and we are extremely confident that the game will be released within the anticipated timeline if the target funding level is successfully achieved.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)