Myths of the Arena - An add-on expansion for Heroes of any Soul Rank
Are you ready for an endless challenge? MYTHS OF THE ARENA, the add-on we reveal today, gives you exactly that...
Even in the most advanced civilizations, blood, money and violence are the perfect means to satisfy the lowest istincts of crowds and keep the subjects happy, and easy to rule over. The Talon Coast is no exception, and the sorcerers of Talon used their most powerful spells to create a legendary arena, a magical place you can reach from any place by using a Rune of Recalling.
Gladiators, captives, and every type of creatures are summoned to the arena from everywhere in the realms to fight for the enjoyment of the spectators. Are your Heroes brave enough and strong enough to challenge the unspeakable dangers and lethal creatures of the arena, and to survive for the final fight against the legendary champions - Cerberus and the Nemean Lion?
This expansion includes Cerberus, a mythic creature from the universe of Black Rose Wars, designed and produced by the Italian studio Ludus Magnus - excellent and esteemed professionals, great friends, and one of the partners we are working with to sculpt Ancient Chronicles miniatures.
If you are curious to know more about Black Rose Wars, check it out... And if you regret missing this great Kickstarter, you can still late pledge for it in December, when their Pledge Manager re-opens. Just follow this link to stay in touch with them and don't miss this chance!
Myths of the Arena offers endless challenges for Heroes of any Soul rank, thanks to 4 different playing modes.
You can play Myths of the Arena as a co-op quest using the "Gods of the Arena" playing mode - a series of connected missions/challenges of increasing difficulty, ending in your fight with the Legends of the Arena, to win epic treasures.
But you can also use this expansion to enjoy using your Sword & Sorcery Heroes and Enemies using 3 bonus playing modes:
- Lords of Endless Pain, where you find out how long can you hold your ground against an infinite horde of blood-thirsty enemies.
- Kings of the Pit, where your challenge is to conquer the sacred altars and defend them.
- Clash of the Heroes, where for the first time Heroes can fight against each other in duel - one vs. one, alone with a mercenary at youir side, or team vs. team.
This boxed-set expansion has a cost of $ 30 (future estimated MSRP $40) and it includes:
- Nemean Lion, in two different versions - a red Enemy and a Master enemy;
- Cerberus, the infernal creature from the world of Black Rose Wars, also in two different versions - a red Enemy or a Master enemy;
- 15 new Cards - Events, Traps, Treasures.
- 12 new Map tiles to build the legendary Arena of Talon, in a "day" and "night" version, including the 4 corner "gladiators' pits," creating different setups for different challenges. The tiles are compatible with normal S&S tiles to create custom missions.
- 6 double-sided Trap overlays, to create 12 different lethal effects in the arena - whirling blades, fire pits, ice traps, sharp spears, and more!
Myths of the Arena can be played in the Ancient Chronicles campaign, but it is also completely compatible with Immortal Souls, and can be played in that campaign as well.
You can include optional add-ons such as Myths of the Arena using the "Manage your pledge" button, appearing on the project page. You keep the same pledge selected - but you simply designate a higher dollar amount. So, if you want to add $30 for this boxed set to your $120 pledge, simply keep the same reward level, but make your pledge $150.
When the Kickstarter is over, you will have an opportunity to designate how to use your pledge in our Pledge Manager (to be activated on ks.aresgames.eu a few weeks after the campaign ends). It is not mandatory that you increase your pledge now. It will still be possible to include add-ons using the Pledge Manager after the end of the campaign. However, each dollar pledged now will help the project to achieve more goals!
Thanks for your support - You are legend!
Roberto/Ares and two very gladiatorial Gremlins