After a year of research, travel, development, and testing, we present our most adaptive travel piece yet: the Endeavour Travel Jacket.
Most travel apparel today is either unstylish, gimmicky and/or made unethically with cheap materials in China. We set out to make a travel jacket that is both attractive and functional for adventure travelers. Designed and made in the USA, this highly versatile jacket for travel, outdoors, and every day wear, that allows you to pack less and see more . A modern take on the classic US Military M65 field jacket silhouette, it will become your go-to jacket for any adventure. Based on our 20 years of experience sourcing materials and designing comfortable durable apparel, we chose woven merino wool from New Zealand as it is the perfect travel fabric.
Why The Endeavour is the Ultimate Travel Jacket.
Designed for performance and feature rich. It sports clean, modern design, with technical fabric and five strategically placed pockets that work for travel and everyday carry.
Today’s active travelers are challenged to find modern stylish apparel that can serve across a range of environments. They often have to overpack to have the right gear to transition through different activities, events, locations, and climates.
The Endeavor Travel Jacket solves all these problems. It's clean, classic style serves the purpose of 3 normal jackets and carries everything you need whether your trip is long or short.
What you can carry in your Endeavour Travel Jacket:
- 2 lower front pockets with snaps are deep enough to carry multiple items- a charging brick or a paperback book, a headlamp, sunglasses in a hard case, headphones an inflatable travel pillow or snacks-- You decide, what you need for your journey.
- The easy access hidden side stash pocket is perfect for a mobile phone, a wallet or a pocket knife
- The top front breast pocket with a snap closure and a hidden inside zip pocket is great for a passport or any important travel documents, or Field Notes and a pen.
- The inside hidden webbed pocket is great for a power bar, a small water bottle or a flask of your favorite beverage
We designed this to carry everything you need for a hike, a 12 hour flight or a night out on the town without needing an extra pack. What will you put in your Endeavour?
"My Favorite part of ArchiTec Apparel is its versatility - it goes from chopping wood in the backyard to wearing to a social function in no time flat. Recently took it on a trip to Baja and it was perfect for cooler nights out on the beach bonfire to rocking into nicer establishments with a more dressed up look."
"This is one of the most comfortable pieces I own. Soft fabric that still feels durable and allows free movement with the stretch. Great weight that is versatile to layer with."
"Great fit and amazing material. Well done gents!"
"Perfect for traveling. Pricier than mass produced cotton/polyester jackets but the warmth, breathability and versatility of merino wool apparel - and the overall quality of this product -makes it worth every penny . Well done guys!"
The Endeavour Jacket Goes Everywhere with You
As Seen In:
"As part of our Overland News series, we often feature products that are being released through programs like Kickstarter. These services help smaller companies take more managed risks with new ideas, and I am often inspired by the concepts that make it to market. One of those companies is ArchiTec, a brand that focuses on Made in the USA garments that are both highly technical, yet still appropriate for daily wear and travel."
Additionally, ArchiTec makes a concerted effort to allow our products to be tested by customers, friends, adventurers and media. We've been reviewed and promoted by many publications we respect including:
If we meet our stretch goal of $50,000, we will unlock a second color (Onyx).
Once you go merino, you never go back. It is the perfect travel fabric.
Merino fabric properties...
Global Merino’s unique 270 GSM woven Merino fabric. It’s breathable and keeps you warm when its cold and cool when it's warm. It wicks away moisture from skin and is quick drying and never holds in odor, which reduces the amount of washing required. Additionally, this material adds a high tenacity ripstop nylon that provides incredible strength and durability.
Most trips require multiple jackets for various adventures. The Endeavour Merino Travel Jacket can replace three jackets in your bag. It’s built to transition across multiple locations, activities and climates, looks stylish and refined, is the perfect layer, stays fresh for weeks, transitions with you, and packs compactly in any bag.
- Constructed using a unique woven Merino fabric from Global Merino. Woven Merino Wool construction allows for all the performance benefits found in Merino Knits while adding additional structure and durability.
- 270 GSM/18.5 Micron Fabric for optimal comfort and temperature regulation.
- 70 Percent Merino Wool/30 Percent high tenacity ripstop nylon.
- German made Prym S-Spring snaps.
- YKK Zippers throughout.
- Made in Los Angeles California and guaranteed for life.
We chose Global Merino woven merino due to its performance quality and commitment to produce fully traceable fiber.
In 2017, Global Merino became the first merino wool supplier to transition all production to fully traceable fiber. They collaborate with merino growers, logistics managers, yarn spinners and their own manufacturers to implement a collaborative sourcing model with robust verification and supply chain transparency from farm through finished fabric.
They tackle the supply side so brands can focus on product. All fiber procured through direct-contracts with audited global merino growers.
We visited Glenbrook Station, one of Global Merino's 8 producers, in Twizel on the South Island of New Zealand
We met the growers and see their process for creating the highest quality merino. made sustainably and ethically, without mulesing. We even met the sheep.
How to Measure
Front length- Measure from the top of the shoulder down past your waist, so see where the jacket length will hit
Chest- Measure around the fullest part of the chest one inch under the armpits
Across Shoulder- Measure across the top of the back from shoulder tip to shoulder tip
Sleeve Length- Measure from the tip of the shoulder to the end of the cuff
- Machine wash cold on gentle cycle
- Lay flat to dry
- Iron with low heat if needed
- Do not bleach
- Do not put in dryer
Merino wool naturally resists odors and stains, and therefore, it can and should be washed less frequently.
We are committed to responsibly sourcing animal products from suppliers/farmers committed to animal health and welfare. We are one of the only small brands that traces our materials back to the growers. We continually monitor responsible practices, understanding these are dynamic and continue to improve over time. We are experts in materials sourcing and make decisions to ensure the products we produce meet our standards and our customers’ expectations.
We design and build our products in the the USA, California to be exact. We have worked with our current factories for many years, and ensure that they provide the highest quality production and ethical manufacturing.
- May-June- Kickstarter Pre-Orders
- June-August- Fabric and Trim Production
- August- September- Bulk Production/Quality Control
- October- Jackets Ship
We build products to last a lifetime of adventures and we stand behind it. If any of our products ever fail as a result of defects in materials or workmanship, we’ll repair or replace them with a similar item free of charge and handle the shipping back to you. Just send us an email with a few photos and a description of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you back within a few days with next steps.
ArchiTec was founded on a 3 major principles:
- GO AND SEE- We build apparel to take dreams into action and inspire people to see the world. Each collection will be inspired by and quality tested in a unique locale.
- DESIGN WITH A PURPOSE- We use high performance technical fabric that can endure many types of environments and maintain the highest level of quality. We aim to balance function, style and experience to develop limited edition pieces that will last a lifetime.
- BUILD COOL SHIT & LESS OF IT- We want the world to be here for future explorers, so sustainability is embedded in everything we do. We are one of the few small brands that trace our materials back to the growers and ensure they use ethical and sustainable practices.
The team behind ArchiTec is made up of co-founders/husband & wife- Suzann and Justin and a host of talented designers, creatives, entrepreneurs, visual artists, storytellers and wienerdogs. We are bonded together by our love of design, travel and sustainability.
Risks and challenges
We are an established brand and have brought many products to life over our careers. The Endeavour Travel Jacket is the next product in our growing ArchiTec line. We have all the infrastructure in place to source materials, produce apparel in mass quantities and to package and ship product. This is our first Kickstarter, but we are working with resources and an agency that are providing expertise and advice on the project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)