About this project
OUR story centers around two archaeologists who, in their youth, unlocked an ancient secret which had eluded archaeologists and historians alike. With such knowledge there is always a price - and our protagonists were torn apart in their search for the ultimate truth when a decision leaves one of them in the clutches of an unknown fate and their incomplete research scattered and lost. Years later, when their findings are unearthed by a deadly adversary and their lives threatened again, they are forced to reunite and put their trust in a strange lost past and their faith in an ancient design known only to a few.
Now they must finish what they began before our world is changed forever.
Based on up to date - often controversial – research, Arcānum weaves a tale of action and adventure around the fictional archaeological search for the source of this immense wealth, the routes of these ancient traders, their lost technologies and their hidden secrets from their ancestors before them.
Such a search brings out a kind of desperation in everyone – archaeologists and anthropologists, curators and looters, treasure hunters, collectors, historians, corporate opportunists, nationalists, religious fanatics and the lunatic fringe.
HERE’S A STRANGE TRUTH...
THE TRUE STORY BEHIND ARCĀNUM
- Tantalizing archaeological evidence indicates that several thousand years ago, technologically advanced pre European voyagers once sailed to all parts of the world.
- During the Dark Ages, Europe fell into a depth of ignorance which affects our knowledge of history to this day.
- We tend to forget how advanced were the ideas of the ancients, and how much they knew about the earth and about astronomy and navigation.
- Legends of these fair skinned red bearded men on great sailing ships who appeared and traded, colonized, introduced new ideas and eventually disappeared, exist in all the cultures of the Americas, Oceania across the Pacific, and throughout Australia, Asia and Africa.
- They left behind a legacy of mysteries and questions that can’t be answered by the conventional teaching of our history books.
- To this day, superior structures and remnants speckle the earth.
- 2000 year old Baghdad Batteries, with copper cylinders and iron bars suspended in the center, were able to create electric charges. Bear in mind, this was long before electric batteries were invented by Alessandro Volta in 1799.
- The Antikythera Mechanism, dated circa 100 BC, is an extremely sophisticated device that consists of 30 toothed wheels, each being able to rotate at a different speed, and metal plates inscribed with the name of the planets and the signs of the zodiac. Among other uses, it could inform you about the constellations in their different phases.
And one little civilization which we quietly ignore, whose customs and creations are still in circulation in our modern time, are the gateway to those truths...
WHO ARE WE???
There are some fantastic characters in Arcanum. You can find more profiles at our website www.arcanumseries.com
Crowley is our lovable rogue who fits into every circle yet belongs to none. He is incredibly charming and knows how to get his hands on whatever it is you're after.
No one knows where Saeri came from. One day she appeared on the door step belonging to Kalisto Winters and has been with her ever since.
A Greek shipping heir, Vasilis is what the elite refer to as, "new money". However, the sting is in the name and he is determined to be recognized as one of the great collectors.
Support this project
- (30 days)