About this project
Arcana Note is a portable, rugged leather notebook filled with 5E tools such as character sheets, cheat sheets, a collapsing dice tray, a ruler that measures game feet, a mini GM screen, grid paper, condition/spell/item cards, card pages and more. The inside pages contain templates for tracking sessions, NPCs, organizations and locations within your campaign.
Whether you are a player or a GM, Arcana Note provides a dragon's hoard of supplies to help you with your 5E games.
- The kit comes in a long-lasting leather journal that is crafted to survive many epic campaigns.
- The handy size allows you to easily bring it to your sessions by throwing it in your backpack or car. It also takes up less space at the table.
- The strong leather covering protects your sheets from tearing, bending and arcane missiles.
- The inner pages are designed to streamline your games so you can spend more time adventuring and less time looking up information or printing resources.
Arcana Note is a great piece of loot for both new players as well as veterans looking to raise the armor class of their character sheets.
Arcana Note contains the following items:
- One A5 size leather journal made of saddle leather. It develops a rich patina giving it a rugged, weathered look the more you use it. It's soft and smooth like Gnome skin but tough enough to wear as armor.
- Collapsible dice tray that fits snugly within the journal. No more rolling your dice off the side of the table and trying to claim it landed on a 20.
- A high quality, glossy UV coated mini GM screen that slides smoothly into the pockets of the notebook.
- Custom character sheets that were designed to be streamlined and clean. Extra character sheet included to roll up yet another Chaotic "Neutral" character.
- Cheat sheets such as equipment tables, light source diagrams, rules, and more so you can stop borrowing your GM's PHB.
- Session note pages to help keep you organized.
- Campaign specific pages to track timeline, NPCs, locations, organizations, deities and more.
- Grid paper so you can draw pretty maps.
- A ruler that measures game distances. For when you don't have a battle grid or your low intelligence Barbarian has a hard time counting squares.
- Condition cards. Lay the card out in front as a reminder.
- A spell slot card to track spell usage.
- 50 blank spell cards to place in in the card pages for your own personal spell book.
- 30 blank item cards to manage loot or hand out to players.
- Ten card holder pages that hold up to 80 cards.
- A zip pouch for holding small tokens & pencils.
- Six divider tabs to help stay organized.
- An A5 plastic divider that can be used for dry/wet erase notes.
- Ten dry erase initiative card tents to hang from your GM screen or place in front of each player.
The 6 hole A5 binder paper is easily found in various styles to order online and we will be providing the digital PDFs so you can print your own pages at any time. We will also be providing refill pages at a reasonable price after the Kickstarter if you don't want to print your own.
Please note that metal dice will eventually wear through the dice tray and will cause damage. If you have metal dice, we suggest using the tray to hold the dice then rolling on the thicker leather of the journal instead.
Inner Pages (example photos below):
2 x Character Sheets
20 x Session Notes (up to 40 sessions)
4 x NPC Notes (up to 32 NPCs)
8 x Location Notes (up to 16 locations)
4 x Organization Notes (up to 8 orgs)
Party Summary (up to 10 party members)
Campaign Setting Specifics (Deities, Days/Months, etc)
45 sheets of grid paper
Cheat Sheets/Reference Pages (one of each):
Actions in Combat
Quick Monster/NPC Stats
Core Class Height, Weight, Age Misc (Hit Dice by Class, Coin Conversions Table, Languages, Health Potions)
It’s possible we may move some of the lighter cheat sheet pages into card form to include with the condition card decks. Things like healing potions and coin conversion tables are prime targets. This would free up pages for more notes.
To have an add-on shipped with your reward, make a pledge and change the amount so that it includes the add-on cost. For example, if you want the Arcana Note ($54) with dice ($6) you would pledge $60. See this blog article if you get stuck.
Prior to working on Arcana Note, we spent most of our free time working on Arcana.io, a set of free web tools for 5E players and GMs. We made Arcana.io as way to give back to a giving community. The tabletop community has been a generous, welcoming group of people and we wanted to contribute something in return for all the awesome content that others have shared. If you have any questions or concerns we are responsive on Kickstarter as well as on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit.
These designs are first drafts and may be modified with feedback from the community before shipping. Additional pages are in development phase and are not pictured below.
Thank you for checking out our project and thank you to the table-top community.
Thanks Backer Kit for adding us to their latest Staff Favorites!
Thank you Mile High Game Guys for mentioning us in Episode 53! Really enjoyed listening to the podcast and you have yourself some new fans :)
If you aren't interested in backing, please at least share this project with your gaming group. Maybe they will get you one as a gift ;)
Check out Arcana.io if you are more of a digital person. We provide a free online database as well as tools to help you run your game or create homebrew content.
Thanks to Kevin MacLeod at Incompetech for providing great royalty free music for the video and to reddit user Lorc for the icons.
"The Path of the Goblin King v2" Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Risks and challenges
Being the first Kickstarter that we have run, there are bound to be many issues we run into during development. To minimize these issues, we have set a conservative delivery date to allow time to make sure we deliver a great product.
We have already found great suppliers and printers that are eager to work on the project and provide us with the materials you see in the photos above. A lot of the groundwork has been laid before we even started the Kickstarter and we are to a point where all we need now is the support and feedback from the community. Help bring this to tabletops everywhere by backing the project or sharing it with your fellow adventurers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)