"Steal The Show" (2-5 Players) is a race to collect 5 Comedy Masks and avoid 5 Tragedy Masks and is designed to be taught in 5-10 minutes for gamers of all skill levels.
“Steal the Show!” is a 75 Card single deck game using 3 types of cards.
- 10 Characters: Each character has a Strength and Wit value and a special ability that impacts gameplay.
- 5 Locations: Modify the rules of the game
- 60 Actions: Used during a Battle of Strength or Battle of Wits to assist in winning the battle and sending your opponent running backstage!
Characters currently included in "Steal The Show!"
- Beatrice - "Much Ado About Nothing" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Cleopatra - "Antony and Cleopatra" (Illus. Gonzalo Ordoñez)
- Feste - "Twelfth Night"(Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Ghost - "Hamlet" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Hamlet - "Hamlet" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Iago - "Othello" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Juliet -"Romeo and Juliet" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Mark Antony - "Antony and Cleopatra" (Illus. Gonzalo Ordoñez)
- Othello - "Othello" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
- Richard III - "Richard III" (Illus. Gunship Revolution)
Basic Gameplay Overview
Each player takes on the role of a character. During the active player's turn, they must initiate a Battle of Strength or a Battle of Wits with another character. Each player may use action cards to modify they character's Strength or Wit total.
If a player wins a Battle of Strength, the opposing player receives a Tragedy mask. (If a player receives 5 Tragedy Masks, they are out of the game)
If a player wins a Battle of Wits, they receive a comedy mask. (If a player receives 5 Comedy Masks, they immediately win the game!)
The defeated character is placed backstage and replaced with a new character.
Game Setup and Turn 1 Video Below
UNLOCKED Stretch Goal - Three Blank Cards
Create your own Character, Location and Action Card!
UNLOCKED Stretch Goal - Six Alternate Art Character Cards
$7,500 Stretch Goal - LOCKED 14 Card Expansion (Early Release exclusive to Kickstarter)
- 2 additional Characters (Romeo Revealed on Project Update #16!)
- 2 additional Locations ("Corridor" Revealed on Project Update #18!)
- 10 additional Action Cards
We will add more Stretch Goals as we unlock them!!!!
"Steal the Show!" has room to grow!
Currently, the characters included are exclusive to some of Shakespeare's finest; however, we will be adding characters, and cards from other literary works in the future (Some will be stretch goals)! With your help, maybe we can acquire licenses and you will see some characters from your favorite movies! (Please, Please, Please!!! We have some great ideas for some movies and shows!!!!!)
Risks and challenges
We have aggressively minimized risks by completing “Steal the Show!” prior to launching the campaign; however, there could be unexpected bumps along the way. There are a few things we would like to share to build your confidence in us and our project.
• Physical Prototype has been created and printed!
To mitigate risk, we have purchased the art, playtested, and printed prototypes before launching “Steal the Show!” on Kickstarter. We need your help to print and distribute.
• Reliable Printer Options
Although “Steal the Show!” is our first project, we have friends in the gaming industry that have helped us establish relationships with reliable printers.
We promise to provide timely updates if we encounter any challenges and will detail what we are doing to overcome the challenge.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)