Frequently Asked Questions
Three main reasons:
- Discounts of saving up to US$180 comparing to the retail price
- Be the first to have them
- Be part of a unique global communityLast updated:
You could choose after the campaign ends. Once it ends, a survey will be sent for you to fill out your preferred rewards, colour, size, shipping address and more.Last updated:
We deliver worldwide! In addition to your convenience, global free shipping will be offered!
Our prices DO NOT include VAT, GST, or other country taxes. Depending on where you are based, you may incur additional fees such as duties and taxes.
As we are shipping these products worldwide, it is impossible for us to build in these variable costs for each location on Kickstarter. Thank you for your consideration.Last updated:
Absolutely YES! We have pledge options of “KS Duos” which include 2x sweaters.
For more than two, try our pledge options of “KS Triple”!Last updated:
Our sweaters are currently available in Steel Blue/Cool Black and Charcoal Grey/Cool Black.
We will unlock new colours: Dark Navy/Burgundy at US$2K.
If there is any colour you would like to see, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a suggestion!Last updated:
We want you to love your sweater, so we offer a 14 days no-risk return policy. If you receive the product that does not fit properly, please contact our team and will exchange another size for you.
If you are not 100% satisfied with the quality of the product within 14 days of receiving your order, simply send it back and we will refund for you. But no worry, we are so confident that you are going to love your sweater!
Please kindly note that any sweaters that are returned or exchanged must be in perfect, unworn condition with original hangtags attached and original packaging included. Please also note that the delivery cost sending back to us is paid at your side. We will pay for the delivery cost of the exchange item sending back to you.Last updated:
The sweaters are set to ship in December 2020. Depending on your survey number, you will get them sometime before Christmas. Please note that this is an estimate, as pre-ordering and production delays could arise. We will keep you updated of the whole production status. Thank you for your consideration.Last updated:
As a new brand, we are only able to fund our first round of production with our Kickstarter pledge money. That means the process starts once we collect funds from this campaign.
We will meet with our partnered yarn mill and trim suppliers to arrange this new innovative yarn. The production of this new generation yarn usually takes about 45 days.
We also will have production plan with our partnered sweater factory and make sure the whole production is smooth and on schedule.
We want you to receive our product as soon as possible, so we choose to ship our products by air via our local courier services. It generally will take around 14 days to deliver to your doorstep.Last updated:
Our sweater is currently available in S, M, L, XL, and XXL. You may find the measurement chart on our campaign page.
Our sweater style is regular fit. It fits regularly to your body to achieve a modern look. If you wish to have a slightly looser fit, please choose the next size up.
For further assistance for sizing other questions, feel free to email our team at email@example.com and we will be happy to help!Last updated:
It is such a great question. Although Gary has been working at knitwear factory for years, he also has a background of environmental engineering. The design concept is initially inspired by the father of sustainable architect, Frank Lloyd Wright, that focus on the nature of environment, needs of customers, and nature of materials before designing a style. We are not making trendy styles that last for only one season, but creating quality garments with innovative design details, essential functions, and comfort that you could wear for season after season.Last updated:
Our sweater is made with 60% RefibraTM Lyocell 40% Ethical Extrafine Merino Wool. It is a new generation yarn that is first ever used in sweater and providing exceptional feel and comfort with essential features.
RefibraTM Lyocell is generated from wood pulp from sustainably managed forest and cotton waste from garment factories. About 30% cotton waste is used to generate this new fiber. Comparing to those recycling fiber that we always see in the market, this upcycling yarn creates a circular system that allows cotton wastes to turn into new fiber.
Ethical Merino Wool comes from happy sheep treated humanely in South Africa. We call this non-mulesing merino wool. Our 19.5 micron certified non-mulesing merino wool is more ethical and luxury than other merino wool in the market. Only about 10% of merino wool on the market is certified non-mulesing because it is more expensive and it has longer production time.Last updated:
Responsible sourcing is something we feels very strong about. We partner with quality and ethical factories to ensure that our products made are always responsibly sourced.
The knitting factory we work with is located at Dongguan, China. It is a mid-size factory with about 20 workers. The owner also acts as a senior technician, leading the team to produce some of the world’s most celebrated brands. Most of the workers have worked at the factory for many years, like family and friends, because of the fair wages, reasonable hours, and environment.
Our yarn supplier is one of the largest yarn spinners that produce high quality and full range of yarn in Zhuhai, Southern China. The company is committed to maintain policy on social, ethical, and environmental issues.Last updated:
Our sweater is priced based on below factors:
1. YARN – Our Eco Innovative Hoodie Sweater is made with a new generation yarn: RefibraTM Lyocell + Ethical Extrafine Merino Wool. We worked very close with the yarn mill and came out with this yarn that is specially blended for our hoodie sweater after research. For RefibraTM Lyocell, we selected from LENZINGTM Lyocell that use a spectrum of eco-friendly yarns and premium quality fibers. Lenzing is a world-renowned, Bluesign-certified fabric manufacturer. Their pioneering RefibraTM technology involves upcycling a substantial proportion of cotton scraps from garment production, in addition to wood pulp, where the raw material is transformed to produce new virgin Lyocell fibers to make fabrics that maximizes the longevity of a garment.
We blended this Lyocell with ethical extrafine merino wool. Our ethical extrafine merino wool is certified non-mulesing. What is mulesing? Mulesing is a procedure to remove folds of sheepskin that are susceptible to fly strike (when fly larvae infect the sheep). A problem that occurs in several countries but particularly in certain parts of Australia where the climate is wetter and therefore fly strike more prevalent. Our merino wool is from happy sheep that are humanely treated, well fed, live natural and healthy lives in South Africa. You are getting fiber of the very highest quality and performance. Because non-mulesing wool is more expensive, you do not see many in the market. Yet, we choose to use this and we want to get more attention regarding the use of non-mulesing merino wool.
2. PEOPLE AND PLANET – We are so proud to work with partners that value both people and the planet. Our partnered factory and mill are audited regularly and have strong worker policies such as fair wages and healthy working environment. The yarn mill that we worked with is one of the largest yarn supplier that is committed to maintain policy on social, ethical, and environmental issues. They are certified with the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 that assures textiles has been tested successfully for free of harmful substances which are detrimental to health and the environment.
Moreover, as a member of 1% For The Planet, we committed to donate 1% of our gross revenue for certified environmental nonprofits.
3. QUALITY – We focus on quality starting from yarns, workmanship, and finishing. The mid-sized knitting factory we are working with is operated by professional and qualified experts with more than years of making sweater experience. Our quality and workmanship is identical to those high-end brand. One thing is that the workmanship of hoodie sweater is way more complicated comparing to crew neck pullover, cardigan, or dress shirt. Our product would not be so well executed in such a high quality standard without our skillful and experienced partners.
4. SCALE – As a small brand, it is challenging to offer a cheap price with our scale. Yet, as a conscious brand, we adjust our margin and make sure our product is in a reasonable price and fair to both you and the factory workers.Last updated:
Making a sweater is complicated and involved in various knowledge and techniques. Generally, our knitted sweater is completed in five processes of knitting, linking, stitching, pressing, and checking. But before these five process, the knitting experts and professionals need to study the yarn character, make trial swatches, and generating formulas for computerized knitting machine. Every steps are important and well accomplished by experienced and professional artisans.Last updated:
Absolutely yes! We will be launching more innovative and sustainable styles for your essential wear. Please follow us on Facebook and Instagram and stay up to date!Last updated:
Great question! Founder of APZC, Gary Mok, studied at the Department of Applied Science in University of British Columbia in Vancouver. The brand name Applied Zcience is where it came from the name of the Department. With the background of environmental engineering, Gary continues to keep in mind that his brand is committed to not only making new clothes for customers, but to make them environmentally and ethically.Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question