NEW! Stretch Goal: SGD$7,000
We've hit our SGD$5,000 funding goal and we're aiming for the stars! Check out the updates section for more information regarding the stretch goal and its additional rewards for all backers!
Who is The Apex Project?
The Apex Project is an up and coming A Cappella group from Singapore. We perform a pop/jazz repertoire with a theatrical twist. In 5 short months since our inception, we have won multiple awards locally and internationally:
- Winner @ 2016 National A Cappella Championships (Singapore)
- Jury's Choice @ 2016 Vocal Asia 3rd A Cappella Cup (Taiwan)
We hope that with our debut EP, we can make our mark in the local music scene as well as bring a fresh perspective to vocal music in Singapore.
Prior to the making of this EP, we have released 16 videos on YouTube as of September 17, including 2 music videos, 3 travel diaries, 3 behind-the-scenes videos and 8 regular vlogs. Every song and mashup that The Apex Project covers aims to communicate a core message the group believes in.
Who's In The Group?
- Cheeyang Ng (Winner of Campus Superstar, 超级星光大道, Vocalosity)
- Jean Goh Sijia (Winner of Starhub's Hear Me Sing)
- Alejandro Houlu (Top 20 Campus Superstar)
- Genevieve Seah (Winner of Yamaha's Asian Beat Band and NEA Eco Music Challenge)
- Yvonne Ng (SGAG's Pokemon Beatboxer, 2016 Acachamps Best VP)
- Bryant Koh (Singapore Beatbox Battle Judge)
- Kevin Wijono (Music Director of SMU Voix)
What is ADAM?
ADAM is the title of The Apex Project's debut EP. This visual album will be released as a 4-part music video series on YouTube and made available on all major platforms including iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify etc.
ADAM embodies the stories of all 7 members of The Apex Project. The EP will follow our musical journey and struggles that we've gone through in life. By incorporating different art forms including film, music and dance, we hope to elevate the listening and viewing of a cappella music. We'd also like to combine the storytelling elements of all three art forms into a cohesive entity in ADAM.
We aim to release the EP in June 2017.
How will the funds be used?
We aim to use Kickstarter to partially fund our EP. The other half will be funded through grants, gigs, and more. The cost breaks down as follows:
- Music Production, Engineering, Studio Rental and Arranging Fees (SGD$1,250 per song x 4 = SGD$5,000)
- Videography and Filming (SGD$1,000 per song x 4 = SGD$4,000)
- CD Duplication and Distribution (SGD$250 per song = SGD$1,000)
- Total Cost = SGD$10,000
(Note: These are heavily discounted rates and do not reflect market rates)
If we succeed in funding the $5,000, our stretch goal would be to hit $10,000 in order to fully fund the EP through Kickstarter!
How can you help?
If you believe in what we are setting out to do, there are a few ways you can help The Apex Project fund our debut EP!
- Pre-order the EP on Kickstarter at just SGD$5
- Talk about The Apex Project (@apexprojectsg) on all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Hire us for a show for your company (if you're based in Singapore)
- Back the project at a higher level and receive even more rewards
How do the Rewards work?
1. Choose the reward that attracts you the most
2. Pledge a minimum amount at that tier level, or more if you'd like.
3. Key in your payment information.
4. Once the project is successfully funded at the end of 30 days, you will be charged the amount. If the project does not hit our goal a minimum of $5,000, then you will not be charged and ADAM will not happen :(
Most importantly, you can just choose the reward level you want, and donate additional amounts as you wish. For example, if you only want the digital download of the EP, but want to donate $100, you can choose the Friend reward level and still donate $100 at the donation landing page!
NEW! Kickstarter 10-Day Exclusive
From now till the end of the campaign, we have made available a new reward tier and also an exclusive add-on available to current backers!
New Backers: You can now also back at the Zealot level ($35) to receive everything a Booster ($25) receives PLUS a special digital download of 2 acoustic demos as they become available through the writing process from now till June 2017.
If you'd like to pledge at a higher amount than $35 and still want to receive the 2 demo tracks, all you have to do is add an additional $10 to the minimum pledge amount at the reward tier that you selected. For example, if you are pledging at the Sustainer level ($70), to get the digital download, you just have to pledge at $80 instead plus additional shipping charges.
If you'd like to pledge at a lower amount than $35, you will not be able to receive the 2 acoustic demos even if you top up the $10.
Existing Backers: You can receive the exclusive digital download of the 2 acoustic demos as they become available when you top up $10 to your current donation.
This is available to ALL existing backers, including backers under the $25 pledge amount.
To top up your pledge amount: Visit the project page and click the blue “Manage" button that appears next to your pledge amount. Select "Update your pledge" on the following page. Then just add $10 to your existing pledge amount. The amount you enter will be the total amount collected if the project is successfully funded.
For existing backers with pledges that already exceed the reward tier: The digital download will be automatically be added to your account as an add-on! We thank you so much for your advanced support! For example, if you pledged $200 on the Champion level ($130), you will receive the demos without having to top up your current donation!
The Apex Project has come a long way in 5 months and we don't want the momentum to stop. We want to prove that there is talent in Singapore, and people who want to tell meaningful stories with a lot of heart.
With you, a young group has hit 21,000 views on our second music video.
With you, a talented vocal band can represent Singapore in the regional market.
With you, The Apex Project can make ADAM a reality.
Risks and challenges
If we cannot raise at least SGD$5,000 this project will not be able to start. We are currently in the midst of our writing process, finding the voice of all 7 individuals. If we don't raise the minimum, we cannot get into the studio and start recording the music, and the product will be undeliverable.
Take a risk on us and we will promise to deliver the best product with a lot of heart. Our biggest challenge is that if this Kickstarter does not raise enough money, our stories will go unheard because we would not have the minimum funding required to carry out the project.
Help make "ADAM" a reality!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)