As those who have been following my explorations of Anyaral over the years will no doubt have noticed, I do particularly enjoy sculpting the weird and wonderful creatures! In 2017 I did a series of sketches of those creatures and several of those creatures have since made it into miniature form.
One of those sketches, 'Juicy', was of a very wealthy trader from Gar Loren who has made his fortune selling a variety of potent juices from his patented mobile juice bars. The juice bars are Voralls; heavily armoured creatures who have had their tusks removed and large quantities of juice strapped to their backs.
I sculpted a Vorall last year, fully intending to cover the poor creature in as much baggage as I could squeeze onto its shell. I have now had some master casts done and would like to get it into full production. I sent Joe one of the master casts and he has already worked his magic on it:
This is going to be another very simple campaign so I can get everything produced and out to backers as quickly as possible! I do have a few ideas for little stretch goals and potential additions during the campaign though, so I hope you give me the excuse I need to bring those to fruition!
At the moment there are just three pledge levels, a metal cast of Zhontain on his own, a resin cast of Zhontain with the Juice bar, or your own personal Juice Bar franchise. All models are supplied unpainted and require some assembly.
- £5: The Juice Seller: Metal cast of Zhontain al Griba
- £22: The Juice Bar: Resin cast of Zhontain al Griba and the Vorall Juice Bar with a laser cut wooden base, PLUS: Stat cards for Zhontain, the Juice Bar, Dravu, Chey, the well-fed PreePree and Lady Emarlai
- £45: The Juice Franchise: Resin cast of Zhontain al Griba, two Vorall Juice Bars (with a laser cut wooden bases and one with a variant head and tail), an alternate sign and a little urchin. PLUS: Bonus bottles and Stat cards for Zhontain, the Juice Bar, Dravu, Chey, the well-fed PreePree and Lady Emarlai
Postage: When you pledge, postage will automatically be added onto your pledge value, depending where in the world you are. The postage for The Juice Bar will also cover any extras you add on. The postage for the Juice Seller has been kept deliberately low, so does not cover postage if you add extras.
There are a couple of add-on options in case you need more Juice bars or would like a fancy resin base for your juice bar. If you have ordered The Juice Bar pledge level then simply increase your pledge by the necessary amount and I will ask for details after the kickstarter is over.
- £2: 60mm resin base (max of one per Juice Bar ordered)
- £4: Alternate Juice Bar sign and Urchin
- £4: Well-fed PreePree
- £4: Lady Emarlai
- £4: Deck of 6 cards (Zhontain, Juice Bar, Dravu, Chey, Well-fed PreePree and Lady Emarlai)£5: Additional Metal Zhontain
- £8: Mercenaries (2 metal figures)£20: Additional Resin Vorall Juice Bar with wooden base
- £22: Additional Resin Zhontain and Juice Bar with wooden base
For those of you who are new to the World of Anyaral, it's a small scale miniatures skirmish game, involving roughly 28mm scale figures. The world itself is populated by the diminutive Fubarnii, of whom Zhontain is a somewhat overweight example!
If you would like to learn more then I would thoroughly recommend going and having a look at the website!
* I also need to thank Joe Karame and Martin Clark for painting the models I've shared in this kickstarter - Joe is my regular painter and Martin had fun painting one of the master casts of the Juice Bar!
Risks and challenges
I’ve successfully run four kickstarters on my own previously as well as jointly running one with Joek miniatures. They’ve all delivered and I've learned plenty about the potential pitfalls and how to make sure a campaign goes smoothly.
The only new risk this time is that I am using a new caster (TTCombat) for most of the work. They have a good reputation and the initial test casts have been wonderful, but I’m always cautious when using a new supplier, so I’ve built in some extra contingency just in case!
- (14 days)