Help us fund four strategy titles under development in a single project: Archmagus, Zombie Earth, The Invasion, and Xenostar. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on October 4, 2013.
About this project
We are lifelong gamers with extensive experience in professional software development and we are eager and excited to make our own contribution, crafting our own games in the styles of play we've enjoyed. We formed Antonym of Time Games LLC for this purpose and we have come to Kickstarter to invite you to become backers and to be involved in the development process, offering you the opportunity to make your own mark on the design and enjoy the fruits of our efforts.
The Strategy Collection
We've come here to present a set of four turn based games of strategic and tactical decision-making being developed for the Windows PC with an emphasis on a strong single player experience and replay value. Archmagus casts you in the role of a warlock gathering your powers, training apprentices, cultivating your civilization and raising armies as you compete with your rivals for world domination. The Invasion is a reverse-spiritual-successor to the X-Com tactical games, placing you in the role of the alien commander sent to colonize the Earth and finding it to have a native and advanced civilization you must now conquer. Xenostar is a space conquest game in which you research technologies, configure ships, exploit resources and wage war in tactical fleet battles – but also featuring meaningful diplomacy and collaboration with your rivals. Zombie Earth is a tactical survival horror game that places you at the end of civilization when the dead rise and order breaks down, leaving you to gather survivors, scavenge for supplies, and make the tough decisions as you confront the zombie apocalypse.
You are one of the elite few, the warlocks, grand masters of magic sent by a distant empire to an untamed world to take control by magic, diplomacy and force of arms. Will you achieve victory alone or through a coalition – or will you fall by the wayside in the shadow of a greater rival's dominance?
- Randomized world map for replay value and tailored play styles.
- Multiple systems of magic lead to different styles of play. You may draw your magic from places of power, the vibrant landscape, the devotion of your people or other sources.
- Cast and maintain enchantments on your armies, settlements and the world itself.
- You manage armies which are based in your cities and fortifications and can do battle in an area around them.
- Combat occurs in strategic battles where you decide which armies, heroes and apprentices engage the enemy.
- Summon monsters and cast spells in combat to turn the tide against your enemies.
- Develop your settlements to improve the lives of your people, allow the population to grow, train better units and accumulate more wealth, prestige and power.
- Train and manage your apprentices as elite units in battle.
- Negotiate with your rivals and form lasting alliances because ultimate victory can be a shared triumph.
- Construct ships and send specialists on a variety of missions to gather resources and intelligence while striving to complete your objectives and depart before hostiles arrive.
- Engage in tactical combat against frightened civilians, would-be-heroes, trained police, military forces and elite global defense agents.
- Conduct research to adapt your technology and a variety of alien species for use in these conditions.
- Your soldiers, scientists and other specialists gain experience and improve their capabilities – track their progress and give them nicknames if you like.
- Construct facilities on the moon and secret terrestrial bases to expand your operations, unlock more advanced technologies and reduce the risk of your mothership being detected.
- Initiate covert operations against political, industrial and military targets to weaken your enemy and pave the way to conquest of the planet.
The galaxy is full of life and advanced space faring civilizations, some just starting out, some larger and more advanced, with many in between. Your own species is among them, striving to secure its place in the vastness of space. To what future will you lead them?
- Randomized galaxy map with configurable settings let you choose the experience you want – larger or smaller map, how many rival species are present, etc.
- Select from a variety of alien races with different characteristics and impact on gameplay.
- Assemble military, commercial and scientific fleets to explore the galaxy.
- Research both incremental and significant advances in technology.
- Configure and name a class of ships and commission construction of them.
- Deploy short and long range defense systems.
- Colonize planets and moons and construct large bases in space.
- Control, exploit and trade rare strategic resources.
- Sign treaties and form alliances both military and economic with other alien species.
- Fight your enemies in tactical space combat and send shock troops to capture colonies.
- Build a network of wormholes and secured jump gates to travel even faster throughout the galaxy.
From the beginning of the zombie apocalypse to the long struggle for continued survival, you are there to lead. Will you try to rescue everyone even when supplies are limited? How will you manage personality conflicts and disputes that arise? Will you abandon the weak, injured and sick? Will you strive for justice or rule through fear, brutality or coldly practical judgment?
- The story evolves dynamically according to your play style as you make decisions throughout the game.
- Scavenge for weapons and supplies.
- Choose buildings as hiding places or fortify them as bases.
- Gather survivors under your leadership and assign them responsibilities and tasks.
- Most people have skills unsuited to the fallen world and will need to learn useful abilities.
- Any survivor can practice any skill or teach what they know, but advanced professional skills take years of training to master and can only be found.
- Survivors have different backgrounds, values, wants and needs.
- Some survivors are prepared for combat and the horror before them, while others will not handle it well and may fall to panic, despair, or madness.
- Send scouts to explore the regional map for places of interest.
- Clear an area of zombies and set patrols to keep it that way or warn of an approaching horde.
- With the right skills you may recover lost capabilities such as water processing, power, farming and weapon crafting.
- New game configuration options allow for varied difficulties and styles of play.
Donate to our project and have the opportunity to participate in the development process and have your name included as a backer in the game credits. For a small donation you can choose a single title from the collection, or donate a bit more and get the entire collection and qualify for stretch goal bonuses. Donate more if you would like the limited edition with bonus materials. Larger donations will also give you the opportunity to add your own elements (subject to approval) into the games.
If you get us beyond the basic funding goal and on to our stretch goals, not only will we have a better product but we will also reward you, our backers, with free downloads of bonus games when they are produced.
- The credits only or single title reward tiers by themselves do not qualify for bonus games. To qualify for bonus games you must donate $100 or more. You can make an additional donation to increase your total and upgrade your reward to include the full collection and any bonus titles.
- These are titles which are scheduled for development after the strategy collection and will only be available significantly after the strategy collection is finished.
- These bonus titles will be made available for download. For a physical copy you will have the option to provide additional funds at that time to cover cost of materials, shipping and handling.
- The titles are described as planned, but are subject to change.
- In the event of changes in the production schedule we may substitute an alternative title to those listed below.
- $750,000 - Tower of Dominion: Build your tower tall and keep your dragons from eating your kobolds as you expand your influence in this literal tower defense game.
- $1,000,000 - Superhero Tactics: Customize your character, become a hero and defend the city against the forces of evil (or vice versa) in turn based tactical combat.
- $1,500,000 - Knights Errant : Take up the role of a noble knight in troubled lands. Quest for gold and glory as you lead your men in turn based tactical combat.
- $2,000,000 - Silvergate : Enter a world of high fantasy, change the fate of the realms, and find your destiny in this spiritual successor to the Ultima game series.
Risks and challenges
The largest risk facing any software project is staying on time and on budget. Unexpected delays can lead to bottlenecks in the project plan leaving resources working inefficiently or even idle. Smaller projects are particularly vulnerable as they often work with a skeleton team. In our case by combining four titles we can substantially reduce this risk. With multiple concurrent titles under development there is substantial room to reallocate resources between titles to keep the overall project plan on track. In essence the deviation in a single title can be quite high but nets out when averaged over several titles. In addition there is a large benefit due to economy of scale reducing the per title cost substantially even up to 30-40%.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (29 days)