ANTI-POACHING: Proven Strategies and Tactics
ANTI-POACHING: Proven Strategies and Tactics
This film will profile Zambeze Delta Safaris' twenty years of anti-poaching success to spread effective methods.
This film will profile Zambeze Delta Safaris' twenty years of anti-poaching success to spread effective methods. Read more
“Proven Strategies and Tactics”
Note: Any money raised in excess of the budget, or remaining when production is complete will be donated to Zambeze Delta Safaris’ (ZDS) Anti-Poaching unit.
For more information please contact: email@example.com or call me at 406.475.4994
- The first goal is to share proven anti-poaching strategies and tactics.
- The second goal of “Anti-Poaching” is to inspire people to contribute to ZDS anti-poaching work by informing and emotionally investing contributors in the mission.
Format: 6 Thirty-Minute Episodes
Concept: “ANTI-POACHING” will be an exciting “how to” guide for effective anti-poaching efforts with a strong story line based around the day to day efforts of Mark Haldane, Craig Windt and their team of motorcycle mounted rangers. All of these men have lives and families and much of their lives revolve around preventing poaching. We’ll focus on their professional lives, but also take a look at how their work impacts their family life.
The documentary will look at twenty years worth of experience and pragmatic trial by and error by ZDS. We will explain how tactics and strategies were developed and how they are currently implemented. The explanations will be interwoven with the exciting events of the day that support the information.
• A professional hunter will call in signs of poaching and the team will dispatch on their motorcycles. This will give an opportunity to show how PH’s contribute day to day while explaining how the system developed.
• A scene of burning a camp built by poachers will lead to a scene demonstrating how community development, education and meat distribution combine to achieve the goals of prevention and apprehension.
• Camera operators will be embedded with foot patrols to look for signs of poaching. This will offer an opportunity to show how boots on the ground are still indispensable and the traditional knowledge required to be effective.
• We’ll fly along in the Cessna 152 spotting poacher camps, then join the team as they’re airlifted by chopper to an island in the swamp to apprehend poachers. This can lead to a demonstration of how air support is used effectively.
• Attending the trials and sentencing of poachers will offer an opportunity to look at how effective consequences are developed and implemented. Community involvement will be a key to this conversation.
“ANTI-POACHING” will celebrate the sweat, guts and determination of the men pour into their work while examining the development and mechanics of anti-poaching methods. The show will inform, but it will also entertain with high voltage scenes of locating and apprehending poachers. It will be a smart “COPS” loaded with adrenaline and information.
1. The Evolution of Anti-Poaching in the Zambezi Delta
The civil war, development of hunting in the Delta and when poaching prevention started.
2. Nuts and Bolts
How and Why Motorcycles work. A look at the exciting world of quick response.
3. Corn, Water, Books, and Meat
Enforcement alone isn’t effective. We will look at how community economics are part of the solution.
4. Hi and Lo Tech
How to blend helicopters, GPS, night vision, tracking and foot patrol.
5. Research and Development of Tactics
Debriefing apprehended poachers to learn poaching methods. We'll learn how he sets snares and gun traps, whip snares, trail snares on logs etc. Show how the poachers make gin traps. We'll also look at how investigations lead to more success in the future.
How tribal court sentences the poachers and the community develops effective consequences.
Our Motivation: The team for “Anti-Poaching: Proven Tactics and Strategies” arrived at the point of making this documentary for one reason, we each care deeply about conserving wildlife.
This common concern for wildlife drives us all to search for solutions to the problems wild animals around the world face. Poaching affects animals everywhere that they coexist with man. Having found a collection of solutions developed by Zambeze Delta Safaris, we are excited to share them with the rest of the world.
"Zambeze Delta Safaris is working toward the best future I have seen for wildlife in wild Africa." Craig Boddington
Risks and challenges
We will be working in an unpredictable environment charged with serious situations. There will be risks with the poachers, the wildlife, and the weather. Surprisingly, for a series covering a dangerous topic in a remote area, the risk of failure is low. All the members of the leadership team are very experienced in their respective fields. Mark Haldane has operated in this hunting area for twenty years, Craig Boddington has forty years experience telling stories from remote locations and Conrad Evarts has ten years experience successfully producing hunting shows in tough conditions.
Barring helicopter crashes, losing firefights with poachers and crocodile attacks, we'll still complete this series. The risks associated with creating this series will make it exciting.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)