“Legacies” is a 130+ page anthology compiled by Asian American creators. We aim to capture the diverse experience of being Asian in North America, with different circumstances, different communities, and different families. Our intention is to use words and art to tell our stories and what kind of legacy being Asian American entails.
We acknowledge that we might not be able to represent us all, and we certainly don’t pretend to. We simply want to start.
Whatever we are, we are Asian American. Our family, our communities, our histories…they continue to define us. We are their legacies and it’s time to tell our stories.
The Legacies book will be a perfectly bound, lovingly crafted, anthology filled to the brim with illustrated and written pieces. Found within the 100+ pages are full sized illustrations, short comics, free form narratives, and much more!
Here is a sneak peek!
We are forever conscious of our impact on the earth and have decided to print with eco-friendly paper! Rest assured, the quality of printing shop (Fotex) will guarantee our works in color will be beautiful and vibrant. Our creators have worked incredibly hard to perfect their content and we are eager support them with the best quality we can possible obtain!
And thus, we invite you to join us in helping bring our project to life! Grab a copy and let us grow this community together!
Organized by creators based in sunny California, we have pulled together this project in under four months! Find more information about our organizers here: LEGACIES
We have had heavy support from the following: consultant/artist X. Huang, book designer Jaz, and UCSD’s Institute of Arts and Humanities. Our team and staff have contributed countless hours to this project, and we can’t wait to make it a reality!
Check out our reward tiers below:
Here's the details on our goodies!
Introducing our wonderful creators:
· Utilize eco-friendly materials when producing the anthology.
· Reach out to local indie bookstores and art galleries in SoCal for wholesaling.
· Give a copy of the anthology to all our creators as compensation and appreciation for their time and work. We are primarily self-funded and thus can only cover the cost of printing and shipping the anthology to each creator. As a gentle reminder, neither our organizers nor do our creators make money out of this project.
· Contribute specifically to the empowerment of Asian American youth. Since the project is non-profit, any money we will make from the sale of the anthology after covering the cost of production will be given to student-run organizations supporting Asian Americans (organization/charity to be determined).
The bulk of our cost goes into printing and shipping! We have copies set aside for our creators and we want to spread the joy by producing more! All funds will be going to fulfilling the rewards, production costs, and stretch goals!
More details on FREE Pick up TBD
- UCSD Geisel Library July 2019
- UCI Langson Library July 2019
- SDSU Library July 2019
- LA Anime Expo July 2019
- UCLA TBD July 2019
- LA PART II TBD
Risks and challenges
The works are already finished and we are in the process of formatting the book. The only issues we anticipate will be in producing the additions in the tiers and opening shipping beyond the US. We will communicate openly and honestly about our progress to avoid any issue! Please also remember this a passion project run by college students and we prioritize our education. We do have an entire team to fill in the gaps!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)