Thanks for watching the video!
INSPIRATION BEHIND APRONS
I’m passionate about culinary arts and am a professional cook by trade. I love to host, cook for and entertain friends at dinner parties. With this in mind, evidentially I found myself looking dull and dingy after cooking for a party, while everyone else looked fresh and festive. SOLUTION: I began taking some of my ‘oldie but favorite’ dresses and reconstructing them into aprons, Viola! It was effortless and I looked great from beginning to end. Fast forward 2 years…the introduction of Ann Perry Designs.
- To raise funds to create Ann Perry Design "store front" display and complete my inventory for my debut at the One of a Kind Show
- Gain the support of the kickstarter community. I
This will be my debut at the ONE OF A KIND SHOW, an internationally recognized gift show, that allow artists in all mediums to reach an audience of 60,000. It's competitively juried event. I want to make sure I set a solid platform for Ann Perry Designs at this show with an amazing showcase display for the aprons and proper inventory to ensure success.
ANN PERRY DESIGN BOOTH DISPLAY
I want to create a open and inviting booth space that carries the warmth and cozy essence of your home. This display is a vital part of the company. I will use this it at other gift & wholesale shows, and craft markets. It's a essentially my "storefront" and will lead me to increase wholesale and retail customers though more trade shows.
ABOUT THE APRONS
Ann Perry Designs aprons are my original designs inspired by dresses in my closet. I’m bringing self-care back in the fold of life via the kitchen and hosting. Sharing a gift of cooking/hosting can become stress relievers from our already busy lives. Here's a fashionable way to do it.
- Cooking is optional in these stylish aprons
- One size fits most
- Black/White Dassah Apron is water and oil resistant ( these colors only)
- Varying looks in a wide range of colors
- Machine wash gentle, lay flat to dry, spot clean
Tulip comes in red, purple/white print, and black/white print
HOW WILL THE MONEY BE USED?
- To complete the build out of the display (labor for carpenter, painter, rugs, garment racks, wall decals, and mannequin)
- Inventory for the show (fabric, manufacturing& hangtags)
- In order for this booth space to be accomplished, I will need to secure a carpenter and painter for display build-out, props (rugs, drapes, garment racks, signage, wall decals, mannequin,hangers,) and labor to assist with booth set-up, break-down assistance, plus kickstarter and amazon fees.
All rewards level will receive a complimentary a ticket to the One of A Kind Show Chicago for two people, all four days! This can be sent via email or hard copy postcard-let me know your preference. This will be sent out Nov. 20 ($24.00 value).
- $25.00 Bandanna fabric patterns are coordinated with aprons. Here's an example:
- $50.00 backer includes a half apron ( may not be color shown); here's an example:
- $75.00 See above photos in about Aprons section
- $150.00- name your apron, with special hang tag. You will be allowed in put on features of the aprons, once the base of the apron is created.
- $250 backer (Early Adopter) Cookbook (Delivery May 2013) 3 aprons, and a coordinated bandanna. You may choose from men and children once available (Feb. 2013).
- $350 backer Dinner party is for up to 6 people, I will shop and cook, backer will reimburse for food. We can create menu and you can set the budget. Vegetarian, Vegan, and Raw diets are welcome! I would like to complete all dinner parties by May 2013. I'm available to start after December 17. Sorry no Christmas or New Years dinners. Chicagoland area; some burbs ok.
I am very thankful for your support and welcome comments and suggestions you may have. I've tried to provide a lot of information below, but if you have a question not answered, click on the ask question button below. If you like what you see and want to follow me on this journey, please like me on Facebook.
Thank you so much for looking!
much is shipping?
All US shipping is free.
you ship international rewards?
Yes. Please look at the rates posted on each reward.
How do I pick my style, size and color?
You will receive an email by November 28th asking you for your style and color preference (you will be emailed the choices), which we will use to fill your order. Apron Sizes-One Size Fits Most
fabric is the APD Aprons made of?
Depends on the apron, there is a mixture of linen for the Mallory Apron, The Tulip is usually light weigh cotton with a lining, The Dassah is a cotton/poly blend. All fabric purchased in the US by quality textile companies, all selected by me.
All aprons created,designed and produced in Chicago, IL
NOTE: some of the rewards allow you to chose from the Men and Children Aprons, please note those aprons will be ready for delivery mid February 2013.
Risks and challenges
Manufacturing is set up and ready to go in Chicago, IL. A potential challenge will be coordinating the customer ordering information, which we will not be able to obtain until after the November 19th (campaign completion); thereafter, I will manufacture and ship. I anticipate a smooth process, but if orders are more than expected, it may delay the ability to ship as quickly as I would like. I'm confident that all orders will be produced and delivered on time to the people that fund the project.
Luckily I have been juggling logistic projects and events for 10 years. My added resource is my internal community of contractors, culinary experts, and amazing problem solving community that I can tap into at a moments notice. I have the ability to meet deadline, ensure customer satisfaction, with an end result that will be successful to both parties.
Thank You Ann Perry Designs!!! Always, Mecca
- (14 days)