It has been a while since my last update! After all of my test readers commented that the text of the book could use a little work, Tallulah Cunningham kindly offered to act as copy editor and polish up my writing. I sort of expected this to be a quick process, but it turned out my writing needed a little more work than I thought!
Anyways, just tonight I finally made my way to the very end of the text! I still have to go back and make a few "tough decision" edits- in a few places, I have to decide between editing the sentence for more clarity or retaining scientific accuracy, those kinds of things- but I don't expect this to take more than a week or so, hopefully less. Meanwhile, I have sent the final round of non-text corrections to my graphic designer, Whale Works Design, and she will be working on those while I finish up the text edits. After that, it will be all ready to go!
This has been a long and difficult process, way more so than I ever realized it would be. Essentially, the book was only a concept when I ran the Kickstarter, and it takes a lot more time and effort to bring a book from concept to completion than I ever realized. I am so grateful for everyone who has been so very patient, and I just wanted to let you all know.