'Animo: Living Deck Bible Verse Game' is a character and bible verse themed card game designed to be used in a variety of ways. Similar to popular trading card games, each card features a specific creature with unique abilities. The difference with Animo, is that these abilities take the form of either a virtue (such as compassion, generosity, patience, etc), or a negative behavior (selfishness, greed, jealousy, disobedience, etc). Each character is also equipped with a Bible verse to help the child 'put on' that virtue, or defeat the sin!
The starter deck gives you everything you need to hit the ground running! This deck has been balanced with spirit enriching characters and support cards which will allow for a split-deck version of SHARPEN YOUR SWORD, a full experience of HIDE IT IN YOUR HEART for up to 5 players, and plenty of critters that are eager to help you learn and apply God's word! Here's what's included:
Each expansion deck offers a new variety of characters and supporter cards! The "More Than Conquerors" deck offers 23 Virtuous Animo (18 exclusive to this deck), 8 exclusive Sinnies , 7 exclusive story cards, 3 exclusive equipment cards, and 12 power cards (5 faith, 5 hope, and 2 prayer). The "Hopeful Hearts" expansion deck offers 25 Virtuous Animo (16 of which are exclusive), 8 exclusive Sinnies, 8 exclusive Story Cards, 3 exclusive Equipment cards, and 10 power cards (5 love, 4 hope, and 1 prayer).
'Sharpen your Sword' is a one vs. one, turn based, hand and resource management game. Each player plays with their own deck of cards (although the Starter Deck has been designed to be split into two in order to facilitate an abridged version of the game with a single deck). You can challenge an opponent with any of the decks provided, or mix and match for customized game-play! Simple enough for kids (6+) to learn and play- but just enough depth and strategy for parents to enjoy as well!
ANIMO are the creatures! They can be good...
PHASE 1 - SETUP PHASE
The following actions may be performed in any order as long as the player is able or desires:
PHASE 2 - SCORING PHASE
*Once this phase begins, you may no longer perform any actions from the Setup phase
'Hide it in Your Heart' is a game for the whole family to play together! Using any one deck (or at least roughly 50 cards), this evolution of the classic game 'golf' is sure to put smiles on everyone's faces! Here's an overview of how to play:
FINALLY, one of our favorite ways to utilize Animo is through ANIMO TRAINING! Animo Training is how your Animo helps YOU grow through the learning, memorization, and application of scripture. Here are some examples of Animo Training applications:
1. Stick 'Em in Your Pocket:
- Choose 1 character each day to take with you
- Focus on the attribute and verse throughout the day
- Think about how you can apply the scripture in real life
- If you're carrying a Sinnie, look for ways to defeat that behavior
- If you're carrying a Virtuous, look for ways to "put on" that virtue
- At the end of the day, discuss situations in which you recognized the sin or virute in action, how the verse helped you overcome, and how you were able to apply the wisdom from the verse that day.
2. Hide 'em in your heart!
- Challenge yourself to memorize a new verse each week!
- Stay tuned for monthly Bible verse challenges through our facebook page for cool rewards!
- Download a printable memory verse checklist from our website and try to hide 'em ALL in your heart!
- Delve deeper with parents and research each verses surrounding context in the Bible.
- Read the passages that correspond with the story cards (with a parent)
- Verse memorization also offers bonus points in the game, 'Hide it in Your Heart'!
Kickstarter is the world's largest funding platform for creative projects. Thousands of people pledge millions of dollars to creative projects every month. By supporting a project, you are helping to create something that otherwise likely wouldn't exist. When you make a pledge, you are saying, "I want this product to exist in our world"!
- A person who supports a project is called a "backer". The process of giving money to this project is called a "pledge".
- In return for your pledge, we are able to offer "rewards," depending on the amount you pledge. For example, if you pledge $19 to help back the project, we'll offer you a copy of the starter deck along with any stretch goals we achieve as soon as it is manufactured.
- You can become a backer in just three easy steps:
Step 1: Check out the pledge levels and rewards we're offering in the right sidebar of this page >>
Step 2: Click on the large, green "BACK THIS PROJECT" button to the right of our video at the top of this page.
Step 3: Enter your pledge amount, and complete the steps for filling in your information. This process takes just a few seconds! That's it! It's really that simple! Thank you for backing!
Once you've backed this project, we encourage you to share this page on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, and share with your friends, family, church groups and so forth. Also, be sure to like Animo Cards on Facebook and follow us for real-time updates and reveals about this project!
It is important to note that if we fail to reach our funding goal, NO money is exchanged, NO rewards are given, and everyone is sad.
Sharing the product will not only help it to become a reality, but can also result in a better overall game. By hitting certain economies of scale (higher volume), we can upgrade or add components to the game without increasing the cost per game (this is where the stretch goals come in).
Once again, THANK-YOU for backing!
Risks and challenges
We are committed to delivering the best possible product in a timely manner! Our character artwork, card designs, and game mechanics are complete, so once the campaign ends, we will be ready to send the designs to the manufacturer for print. We've done extensive research on how to run and fulfill a campaign and have sought out advice of other tabletop publishers who have successfully delivered Kickstarter games. We are using a reputable manufacturer who makes great looking cards/games and a local fulfillment company that allows us to be able to be close to the inventory and make sure that your game gets out to you quickly.
We can't promise there won't be any hiccups or bumps in the road- but we promise to be transparent and open every step of the way! We want happy backers! We have the means and will make sure that you receive the items in your pledge level. If you have any questions, e-mail us or simply comment on the campaign and we will get back to you as soon as possible!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)