Four issues full of high-quality tales like those in Rod Serling's Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. Short stories, articles, reviews.
Four issues full of high-quality tales like those in Rod Serling's Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. Short stories, articles, reviews. Read more
About this project
- Introduction by Tony Albarella, recognized Serling expert and editor of the eleven-volume collection of As Timeless as Infinity: The Complete Twilight Zone Scripts of Rod Serling.
- "On Rod Serling’s “Clean Kills and Other Trophies” nonfiction by S.T. Joshi, renowned literary critic and Lovecraft scholar
- "In the House of the Hangman" fiction by Gary A. Braunbeck, winner of multiple Bram Stoker awards
- "Selling Daydreams: The Life and Work of George Clayton Johnson" nonfiction by David Afsharirad, editor of The Year’s Best Military Science Fiction and Space Opera
- "For the Best Will Breed the Best" fiction by Sean Eads
Regular features will include:
- Paranormal articles by Billy Roberts, world-renowned medium and television personality
- Ghost-hunting travel articles by Ross Allison, lecturer, media host and paranormal researcher, author of "Spooked in Seattle: a Haunted Handbook"
- Book and story reviews by experienced reviewer Nev Murray
- Film reviews by James Newman
- TV reviews by Joe Young
Here's a preview of the cover art by Anja Millen:
What the world gets if we're successful:
Your pledge purchases the magazine, whether one issue or a subscription to all four in the first year. We're gathering subscribers. Your subscription helps fund four full quarterly issues of AnotherDimension magazine! Each issue will be full of short stories and articles that stretch your imagination and make you wonder about the universe we live in and those we don't...yet.
When: Quarterly, Issue #01 released on July 1, 2015
How: Kindle, print, and audio
Where: Digital delivered to your inbox, downloaded from AnotherDimensionMag.com or at Amazon.com
Who: Editor-in-chief, Angel Leigh McCoy, has 25 years professional experience writing, editing, and mentoring writers, and she has 6 years experience running a fiction e-zine. Stories are her passion. She's been a narrative designer for the past 7 years on Guild Wars 2 (a AAA online video game).
Why: Today’s world is steeped in too much reality. We work, commute, do our chores, go to bed, then get up to do it again. In this adult soup, we’ve forgotten the sensations of wonder and curiosity. We’ve grown out of the habit of imagining that we had as children.
AnotherDimension magazine wants you lying on your stomach, feet in the air, reading these stories and articles, remembering what it was like to be a kid in a world where the impossible could be possible.
Together we can free—at least for a little while—the parts of our brains that rebel at traffic jams, inane social media, and the day-to-day grind that automates us.
Join us. Imagination required.
It takes a village to raise a magazine, and we've got some amazing talents working with us. They are the writers, editors, and artists who will provide content for issues 0 and 1. Many will be contributing to 2, 3, and 4 as well, if this Kickstarter is successful.
We'd like you to meet them, and we'll be linking more profiles over the course of the Kickstarter.
1 - Philip Pickard (voice actor), Andre Bissonnette (composer), Bill Patterson (voice actor), Tracy Canfield (fiction writer), Paris E. Crenshaw III (guest editor), Sean Hayden (fiction writer), Shana Figueroa (fiction writer)
4 - Tom Millstead (fiction writer), …, Rena Mason (fiction writer), Bridget McKenna (editor), Sean Eads (fiction writer), Clare Castleberry (book reviewer & librarian)
5 - Elizabeth A. Herreid (fiction writer), Donald Jacob Uitvlugt (fiction writer [no photo]), Alan Baxter (guest editor), Ross Allison (travel columnist), David Afsharirad (nonfiction writer, Nev Murray (book reviewer)
7 - James Newman (film reviews), Marti McKenna (editor), Jason V Brock (guest editor), Sunni Brock (guest editor), Paul (Night Gallery columnist), Amber Bierce (fiction writer [no photo]), Alicia VanNoy Call (illustrator)
Get your free PREVIEW (Issue 00) of AnotherDimension magazine.
Six free stories of horror and wonder and our inaugural "Can You Imagine?" article by Billy Roberts! Can you? Imagine?
Click to download:
André Bissonnette composed the musical introduction for the AnotherDimension audio fiction readings. Philip Pickard performed the introduction. Visit AnotherDimensionMag.com to listen to the stories featured in Issue #0, our preview issue.
Introductory music with voice overlay, for our audio short stories:
Introductory music only, for our audio short stories:
Sample of our deluxe audio recordings of a short story.
Put our free STORY OF THE MONTH widget on your own website or blog. Click below to get it.
Six years ago, I started a labor of love. I created a speculative fiction e-zine called WilyWriters.com and published stories in both text and podcast formats. I produced WilyWriters.com in my free time and paid writers out of my own pocket, even at pro rates in the past year. My voice actors volunteered their time to record stories for me (bless them).
WilyWriters.com brought in no income because it was never designed for that, and so it never broke out of its status as a B-rated e-zine—until now.
The time has come to raise the bar and produce a high-quality magazine.
The new magazine is called AnotherDimension and is themed after the classic style of horror made so popular by Rod Serling in his Twilight Zone and Night Gallery series—twisted for a modern audience. It will include articles, reviews, and of course, wondrous horrific fiction.
I need your help to make this happen.
If you would like to see AnotherDimension magazine manifest, please pre-purchase the first issue or subscribe for multiple issues by pledging.
As an early adopter, you’ll be asked for article ideas! Thus, you could be directly affecting the content of the magazine. If you’d like to submit, please visit our submission guidelines page.
Your support is so deeply appreciated.
—Angel Leigh McCoy, Editor in Chief, AnotherDimension Magazine, 2015.
* Voting? Yes, you can have a hand in history. After you've pledged, we'll give you the chance to vote for your favorite column titles. You'll be voting from a list of 3-5 each for the reviews section and for the travel column.
** Guidelines for ads are simple: nothing illegal or offensive. We reserve the right to reject any ad content we feel will scare away our customers. Ad size: 320x265; will appear in right column on homepage for 3 months from the release of the issue of your choice; limited to 3 ads per issue and choice happens by first-come, first-served. Pledge early if you have specific timing in mind.
*** The audio CD compilation of stories from AnotherDimension issues 0-4 will not be available until next year. The choosing and recording of stories is an ongoing process.
**** You will have complete ownership of the audio reading of your short story and may use ti as you please. We will work with you to get the intro and outro to be what you want it to be. Great for self-promotion on your own website, or even for selling at various audible distributors.
Cost forecast document: shows how we expect to spend the money
Risks and challenges
Problems and challenges and risks, oh my! Here's what we think are the mostly likely hurdles we may face:
- Hidden costs can blindside you. This could be shipping costs, lost shipments, damaged product, etc. We’ve done an in-depth cost forecast* in an effort to predict as many of these as possible (available above, if you're interested in details), and we’re keeping most of our rewards digital for just this reason. The few exceptions are rewards we feel people will really want (and will be easy to ship). We want to give you valuable rewards that won’t just collect dust on a shelf too. This is why we’ve decided not to do Tshirts, mugs, or other such items.
- Fullfilment can be a time-consuming, organizational nightmare if you’re not hyper-organized like Angel is (she was a project manager at hectic Microsoft Game Studios). Excel spreadsheets are her best friend, and this isn’t her first Kickstarter rodeo. She successfully Kickstarted an anthology called DEEP CUTS and so is familiar with Kickstarter’s wonderful tools for helping project managers manage rewards.
- With an ongoing project like this, you may get the first issue, but what about the rest? We’re planning ahead for a whole year of content (4 issues) and have set our goal to ensure we can provide four complete issues. If successful, we will be able to at least provide four rich issues of mind-bending content.
- What if Angel gets hit by a bus? That is a question worth asking. It takes a tribe to put together a project like this, and we are blessed with a hugely competent one that will step up if Angel earns her wings unexpectedly. :D
- No matter what, if you pledge, you will know about our challenges and risks to fulfillment shortly after we identify that there’s a problem. Communication is our middle-name, and we want to build a loving long-term relationship with our subscribers (you!).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (32 days)