All January Shipments Shipped! + Now Processing February Shipments + How to Open Your Planner + Port Update + FAQs
All January Shipments Sent!
After a month and a half of non-stop shipping, we’ve shipped all orders scheduled for January delivery! That means we are now shipping February which is right where we need to be! According to our logistics team, we have shipped 116,000 pounds of mail in the past month alone!
What order dates are you shipping?
We are currently shipping Kickstarter and website orders placed on 12/30-1/10.
I was suppose to receive my planner in January, but I still haven’t received it yet. Help?
If you were a backer on Kickstarter and still haven’t received your planner scheduled to arrive in January you may be one of the very few stragglers (less than 200) that have been delayed for one of a few reasons:
- Your package may have been returned to us due to an incomplete or incorrect address. If that is the case, we will email you with a picture of the sent package when it is returned to us, asking for your to re-verify your address. This can take anywhere between 3 weeks to 1.5 months, sometimes even longer for international mail. We only send packages to the address you specify on your Kickstarter survey so please, double-check the address you gave us on your survey to make sure it is correct.
- Your survey was completed late. We only know where to send your package after you fill in your survey. If you filled out your survey late for a January shipment, (within the past 2-3 weeks) we are working on your shipment now and it should be sent out within the next 3 days.
- You submitted your address with non-Roman characters. If you typed your address in a different language, your package may have been delayed because non-Roman alphabet characters print as “?” when mailing labels were created online. We have had to go back and revise each one individually. As of yesterday we have shipped all of those out.
I am 90% sure that we will be able to ship all February shipments in February
How to Open Your Planner
Remember the port slowdown that held up our shipment for 40 days, that caused us to delay shipping? Well, after 9 months of negotiations and port slowdowns (which was the most severe during the holidays) a deal has been reached in the West Coast dockworkers dispute.
We are not the only company that has suffered from this situation. Companies all around the world have also suffered, including big names like McDonald’s and Honda. I understand your frustration with the delays in shipping and I assure you we have and are still doing our best to get them to you ASAP.
What have you been doing/What have you done to deal with the delays and ensure I get my planner as quickly as possible?
In order to deal with this issue of port delays and the delays in our shipping to the best of our ability, we as a company have:
1) We did as much as we could do ahead of time in preparation for the shipment. We printed, stuck labels and prepared packaging weeks before the shipment came.
2) We have grown our team. Our fulfillment and customer service teams have increased by 15x in the past 1.5 months
3) Spent 15x more money to air mail shipment. Spent $178,000 of my own money to air mail our 2nd shipment to avoid the delays at the West Coast ports
4) Relocated to a warehouse. Having more space has boosted the number of orders we can process
5) We have worked long and hard. My team and I have been working everyday for the past 3 months and counting
6) Issued partial and full refunds. We have offered partial refunds for delayed shipping and have allowed people to cancel their order and receive a full refund without question
7) Offered the PDF for free. The Passion Planner 2015 PDF has been available on our website for anyone to download and use while they wait for their planner to come in the mail
All I ask is to please be patient. Please understand that we are human and sometimes we will make mistakes. We are doing our very best to be better than we were yesterday and handle this situation to the best of our ability.
I received my planner late, and would like a partial refund. How should I go about that?
Please follow these steps to attain your partial refund:
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Partial Refund" with a short message about your situation and the email associated with your PayPal account.
2) We will then look into it and if we are at fault, we'll issue you a partial refund.
3) We will be giving a $2.50 refund for each planner that arrived later than promised via PayPal.
Again, we want to do everything that we can to solve any issue that has come up. All we ask is that you please be patient with the whole process, but rest assured that you will receive your partial refund.
I haven't received my planner, may I please have a refund?
Although it is not typical that Kickstarter creators offer refunds, we understand your frustration, and want to do everything that we can to make it right.
Because it is more than 60 days after Amazon Payments processed your transaction, we are not able to refund you through Amazon Payments and must do refunds through PayPal.
If you would like a refund, please email email@example.com with the subject “Kickstarter Refund” in the message be sure to include:
- Your backer ID#
- Number and size of planners ordered
- Total paid in USD
- The email address associated with your PayPal account
We will process it as quickly as possible, cancel your order, and send you an email confirmation as soon as it is taken care of.
Where is my planner?
We have shipped everything that needed to go out in January and are currently working on orders placed on 12/30-1/10. If you placed an order before that and still have not received it please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Kickstarter - Order Not Received”
Please include in the email:
- The date you backed
- The date you answered your survey
- Your backer number
We will look into your order and get back to you as quickly as possible.
I asked for a refund but I received a planner in the mail? What do I do?
You have two options:
1) Keep it. You may keep your planner and we won’t process your refund
2) Refuse the package and get a refund. When you receive the package, write “REFUSED” on it and drop it back into a USPS mailbox; it will get returned to us. When we receive your package, we will process your refund and send you email confirmation.
I accidentally cut the elastic band when I opened my package with scissors! Help?!
Oh no! We are sorry to hear that. We understand that accidents do happen. Here are instructions on how you can fix it:
To prevent this from happening, please make a small incision and rip the plastic open with your hands to ensure that nothing accidentally gets cut. This is the safest way to open your planner without damaging it. For more detailed instructions, please see above video.
I got my planner and it is damaged during shipment. What can I do?
We try our best to package your planner with extreme care, but mishaps do happen from time-to-time. We have included insurance in every shipment and you can make a claim with USPS by: Taking pictures of the damage. Contact USPS HERE https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm and make a claim for the cost of the planner (ie: $25 or $30); let them know your tracking number (it’s the number under the bottom barcode on your shipping label) You should receive a follow up from USPS within a week letting you know if your claim was approved or not
Three of my friends listed me as a referral when they ordered from your website. When will I get my free planner?
Because we had to prioritize people who paid for their planner, we have decided that all planners earned through the referral program will be shipped in March. You will be receiving an undated Passion Planner.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and for telling your friends about us! We will email you shortly to ask for your shipping address.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has shared their support, enthusiasm and positivity through social media! Here are some of our favorite posts from Instagram:
Angelia's Personal Instagram: www.instagram.com/angeliatrinidad
For more frequent mini-updates and a sneak peek into my life as a 24 year old entrepreneur.
P.S. Again, if you've read this please kindly "like" this post so I know people actually read this stuff :) Also, if you have received your planner please let us know in the comments below!