About this project
THANK YOU + FREE NAILSNAPS FOR ALL!
Thanks to all of you, NailSnaps is 100% funded. Soon, we'll all be getting our custom nails did! To celebrate our awesome backers, the following perks are now UNLOCKED!
- EVERY BACKER gets an extra FREE CODE for NailSnaps redeemable in the NailSnaps app for a FREE custom manicure you can make with your own photo.
- EVERY BACKER ABOVE $35 gets an EXTRA PRE-DESIGNED NailSnaps to wear right away AND 2 FREE NailSnaps codes!
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING for all rewards!
- Every extra penny beyond our initial goal will go towards releasing NailSnaps on Android, so even more people can enjoy NailSnaps!
THE WINDOW TO GET EARLY ACCESS CLOSES ON APRIL 1, AT 12:30 PM.
Only backers get early access and codes for FREE NailSnaps so get in on NailSnaps now for cool perks and freebies before it's too late!
NailSnaps combines digital creativity with custom-printed nail polish stickers, letting your your nails become a gallery for wearable art.
Take a picture of your fav skyline, super hero, spirit animal, or pretty much anything you love and wear it on your nails! Whatever you can snap a photo of can become one-of-a-kind nail art.
HOW NAILSNAPS WORKS:
1. DESIGN. The FREE NailSnaps mobile app lets you design exactly how you want your photo or image to appear on your nails. Create an image that spans across your nails, or pick and choose different parts of an image for each finger.
2. PRINT. Once you've got a design you love, we print and ship your high-quality nail polish stickers right to your door from our manufacturing facility in Los Angeles.
3. ROCK. Easily apply NailSnaps yourself in minutes. No dry time, no heat, and no waiting. Rock your NailSnaps. Your custom NailSnaps will last about a week or so and application is as easy as placing a sticker and filing off the edges.
NEWS: We're delighted that NailSnaps is capturing media attention!
- Take Your Mani To The Next Level & Wear Your Instagrams On Your Nails! Here's How! - Perez Hilton
- NailSnaps Stickers Turns Favorite Pictures into Stick-On Nail Art - Trend Hunter
- Everybody Stop: There’s A Way To Turn Your Instagrams Into Nail Art- Time
- This App Would Turn Your Phone Photos Into Personalized Nail Art – Gizmodo
- WHAT?! Now You Can Turn Your Photos into Custom Nail Art! – Brit + Co.
- Turn Instagram Photos Into Nail Art – Allure
- Favorite Instagram Pics Transformed Into Nail Art – PSFK
- Double Tap: NailSnaps Turns Your Instagrams Into Nail Art –Styleblazer
- Turn Your Instagram Pics Into Nail Art – Seventeen
- NailSnaps Turn Your Photos Into Nail Art - i Born For This
- LA Startup NailSnaps Will Turn Your Instagram into Mani Wraps - Racked LA
- NailSnaps Social Media Manicures – Apparel News
- Kickstart some art: A few cool projects in need – USA Today
- Win it: Custom Nail Art from NailSnaps – Possessionista
- NailSnaps – Turn your photos into custom nail polish stickers – InspiratioNAIL
THE ORIGIN STORY.
ANGEL: The idea for NailSnaps came out of a love for digital photos, particularly Instagram. I wanted to physically showcase my pics in a way that’s just as ephemeral and impermanent as a social feed. Around the same time I had this thought, I got into wearing nail polish stickers. Salon visits take too much time so nail polish stickers were appealing but most off-the-shelf designs didn't appeal to me. Besides, I don’t want the same looks as everyone else. Nail art is about creative expression. I began to wonder, wouldn’t it be cool if there was an app that let me create nail polish stickers from my own photos? So I decided to create NailSnaps.
SARAH: As a digital strategic/entrepreneur, I’ve always been interested in making ideas come to life (and I love my nails). When Angel shared her vision of NailSnaps with me fireworks went off and we immediately hit the ground running to make this idea a reality. A year later, every inch of the NailSnaps app has been thought through and we’re ready to bring it to the world. I’m most excited to eventually have a marketplace to show off your nail art creative skills and buy other people’s cool designs. We're creating a magical experience.
NAILING OUR GOALS.
Our blueprints (wireframes + prototypes) are ready to be transformed into the production-ready app. We worked through all the functionality required to give YOU, our community of NailSnaps wearers, the creative flexibility you deserve. We've also scoured the globe to source the best materials and printing process for high-quality nail polish sticker printing. Happily, we've discovered that the best is right here with us in Los Angeles! We are committed to using wearable, durable, materials that allow your art to look its best on your nails.
Our goal is to raise at least $47,381. Your pledge will allow us to finalize the app and get our printing facility up and running.
Your contribution will help us change the future wearable personal art.
- Development team: $20,700
- Visual Designer: $1,350
- Machine: $9,126
- Materials: $2,052
- Shipping Costs: $837
- Packaging / Collaterals: $1,080
- Operations Manager/ PM: $4,500
- Production Coordinator: $2,998
- Kickstarter / Amazon Fees $4,738
Pre-Designed NailSnaps! Backers at our HAND MODEL level ($20) receive their choice of 1 pre-designed NailSnaps mani looks. Want more than one? Back NailSnaps at the NAILED IT level ($100) for 5 mani designs + extra goodies!
Choose the ones you love as a reward for backing the project and get inspired about the kinds of NailSnaps YOU can design once our Kickstarter is funded.
One more look at all the designs to choose from:
Pre-designed bridal looks! Just wait till you can make NailSnaps with a photo of the lace from YOUR wedding dress Back this project to make that happen!
Thank you for your encouragement and support!
If you love this idea, help us spread the word.
Risks and challenges
NailSnaps marries native digital expression with it's physical world fashion counterpart. We're excited to bring this to life but on-demand print production is never easy. Thankfully we've been though many challenging projects before and we're partnering with a world-class supply chain to make it happen.
Some of the final materials may have longer lead time than we foresee. To that extent we are placing orders for these components as soon as possible. We have multiple suppliers lined up, just in case.
The patent process may take quite a while we've filed for a provisional patent so that the official patent doesn't hold up production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)