Hello Kickstarter backers,
Don't forget to get your free NailSnaps!
Most of our Kickstarter backers have downloaded and started creating NailSnaps to wear and share. If you're on iOS, don't forget to use your promo codes because they expire at the end of the month on March 31st. Can't find your codes? Email email@example.com for help :-)
We haven't forgotten our Android backers.
We know it seems unfair that our backers on iOS are now happily using NailSnaps to make their mani dreams come true. We know it's frustrating for Android users to have to wait so here's answers to your recent Android questions:
- What about the promo codes Android users got as backers? Since the Android version is still in testing, your backer reward promo codes will be extended so that you can use them once the Android version launches.
- Why don't you update Android backers more regularly? We send out updates every time there's something new to tell. When we're confident that Android is ready, we'll share the good news.
- Why won't you give us a date when Android will be ready? Android is tricky. As you may have read in update #17 there are over 3,997 device specifications on Android (iOS only has 8) so it's a lot harder to make Android ready for the world. We don't want to give a date and then miss it because another bug pops up. We are working hard but we won't release something that isn't ready. We want the Android experience to be world-class and as soon as it is, we will release it to the world.
- Wait, wasn't this supposed to be done by April 2014? No. Our Kickstarter ended April 1st, 2014. That's when our campaign was FUNDED meaning that's when we received the Kickstarter money to build the iOS version of the app. We Said our goal was to launch on iOS later that year and we did.
- If the Kickstarter $ was used for iOS, who's paying for Android? NailSnaps is paying for it. As stated in our March 2014 FAQ "We're starting with iOS, but the Android version is the next thing on our roadmap. If we hit our fundraising goal early, our first stretch goal is additional funding to develop the Android version sooner!" Android would have been our first stretch goal but we only raised $2k more than our goal - not nearly enough to build a 2nd version of the app. However, since so many of our supporters were on Android, we decided to bootstrap (use our own money) to build an Android version. Bottom line for Android users: you matter so much to us that we're using our own money to build the Android version for you!
We continue to work like crazy to get it done. As backers you will be the first to know! Thank you again for your continued support and patience.
Angel + Sarah