This project helps parents apply cutting-edge neuroscience when interacting with and supporting kids. Kids deserve BrainSmart Parents!
This project helps parents apply cutting-edge neuroscience when interacting with and supporting kids. Kids deserve BrainSmart Parents! Read more
It is about time we familiarise ourselves with key structures and logics of the brain. Why should they remain a secret when humans can gain so much from mastering them? Just like all kids know they have hands and a nose, they deserve to know that they have an amygdala, a prefrontal cortex and a neuroplasticity that they can bring to work for them or against them. And parents deserve to know this because nurturing a “brainsmart” social interaction in the family makes parenting more joyful and rewarding and helps kids learn and thrive.
BRAINSMART PARENTING – the book and the online course – will show you how to:
- turn “stop that!” situations into learning opportunities,
- help your child bounce back from distress and anger,
- strengthen your child’s calm courage when grabbed by fear or performance anxiety,
- reframe situations to help you be a constructive parent even in the midst of high emotional tension,
- make the most of the brain’s plasticity; i.e. ability to grow and shape neural pathways,
- approach life as a parent in a new light, spotting windows of opportunity based on how the brain works.
The book has received sheer "five stars out of five" from readers.
The many everyday examples in the book range from interaction with toddlers to 18-year-olds. Even readers without kids gain from the book because it introduces structures and logics of the brain that are common to human beings of all ages and life situations. Even corporations give out Anette Prehn's book to employees thereby nurturing a brainsmart foundation that influence the professional interaction in the workplace too!
Testimonials re Anette Prehn's work:
- LinkedIn (28 personal recommendations currently)
- Udemy (1,027 ratings currently and more than 44,000 students)
- BrainSmart Today (testimonials on Anette Prehn's blog)
Anette Prehn is on a mission to make neuroscience available to all i.e. easy to understand, remember and apply. She is a keynote speaker, online trainer and author who has inspired hundreds of thousands across the planet. People call her "the Cruyff of applied neuroscience". She is a female entrepreneur who has been running her business for more than 12 years. Her clients include Siemens, Bosch, Ericsson, Roche, Lego, Novo Nordic, Man Diesel and Turbo and Danske Bank.
Throughout these many years, her clients have been powerfully inspired to apply neuroscience to work situations, but they have also asked her: "How do I more specifically apply the logics of the brain to parenting?" and "I can see my kids gaining from knowing this as well. What's the best way to introduce them to these tools?" Being the mother of two and the stepmother of two, those questions got Anette going. She started adding to her portfolio how parents, teachers and nursery nurses can become more brainsmart, thus nuturing an environment that helps kids learn, thrive and regulate emotions relevantly.
This is her first Kickstarter project. Do you want her to get going internationally too?
So far, Anette Prehn's work is available in these languages:
English: "Play Your Brain" (book), "The Neuroscience of Reframing - and How to Do It" (free online course) and "Master Your Mindset and Brain - Framestorm Your Way to Success" (online course)
Chinese: Translation of "Play Your Brain" (book)
Russian: Translation of "Play Your Brain" (book)
Danish: "BrainSmart Kids", "BrainSmart Pedagogy", "BrainSmart Leadership" and "Coach Yourself - and Get Your Brain to Work for a Change" (all books)
Swedish: Translation of "BrainSmart Kids" (book)
German, Norwegian and (more) Swedish translations are under way.
But ... Anette Prehn's down-to-earth work on how to become BrainSmart has not yet hit the English-speaking market!
Anette Prehn is a highly productive author and communicator. Most recently, she has created five beautiful and engaging posters to inspire kids to make the most of the brain logics.
They are out in Danish because publishers here are queueing to publish her work. But who knows what might happen if this Kickstarter project takes off internationally? Do you want to lend your support?
Currently, Anette Prehn is working to produce five 16-pages short books that introduce key knowledge about the brain to kids. Good people in Denmark also want to see her create materials to be given to all parents-to-be in Denmark so that the logics of the brain can inspire them to grow constructive habits in the family from the beginning thus enabling a more rewarding and joyful interaction in the family.
The earlier parents learn these easy-to-apply tools the more it will benefit their kids, themselves and the entire family dynamic!
Anette Prehn has also created a 120-page long curriculum with 12 themes to be used in schools (for kids aged 5 to 16). The curriculum slowly but steadily introduces the logics of the brain to kids thus helping them grow resilience and ability to cope with life from an early age onwards. Anette Prehn has also written 12 songs for kids and teenagers that teach them about e.g. the amygdala, the hippocampus, the prefrontal cortex, neuroplasticity and the history of neuroscientific breakthroughs. If you want to see this work for school children translated into English and tailor-made to an international audience too, please let Anette Prehn know via her Facebook page.
Growing resilience and robustness in life is about going and growing through tough times and situations. It is not about being deprived of the important lessons these experiences offer!
When you are resilient and robust, you are able to make a "comeback" emotionally. You are like a tumbler cup that can be tipped over, but then bounces back to its balance point. However, in order to return to one's balance point one must know it! Many kids have yet to become fully aware of and experienced with how to return to this balance point. BrainSmart Parenting will help you as a parent help your kid (and yourself) to return to a state of balance, resourcefulness, courage and optimism when life is tricky and challenging. A resilient child significantly increases his or her ability to learn, cope with change, regulate emotions and master life.
Families, nurseries and schools across Denmark are using Anette Prehn's work to strengthen kids' inner calm, empathy, learning and impulse control and they are thrilled with the fact that for once neuroscience is actually easy to understand, remember and apply.
Let's take this work - Made in Denmark - and spread it way beyond the reach of Scandinavia. Support the BrainSmart Parenting movement today and let's make a better tomorrow for kids across the world!
Testimonials re Anette Prehn's work on BrainSmart Parenting from readers:
- “This book saved our family life!”
- “I normally never read, but I read this book in two days only. Wow!”
- “Full of gold nuggets.”
- “You gain a new awareness as a parent.”
- ”Life will never be quite the same again.”
- "I am crazy about this book. It is so important that everyone should read it."
- "This book has given me great epiphanies. I am the father of two and I normally never read parenting literature. I will, nevertheless, recommend this book to everyone expecting a child as part of their antenatal education! Despite the heavy science the tools are presented in ways that pave the way for implementation."
- "The book simply works! It is great that you think you read about raising kids, only to understand that this book stimulates your whole approach to life too. Fascinating! My warmest recommendations."
- ”An eye-opener!”
- ”I'm a father of four and this book quickly helped me see my behaviours in a new light - and how tiny tweaks can solve (and avoid) many of the tricky situations I end up in our busy everyday life."
- ”I gobbled down this book. It is incredibly relevant and useful in my life as a mother of three."
- ”It is rare to come across a communicator of complex scientific knowledge that makes it so "eatable" and useful for everyone."
- ”Super good book that I can relate to as a man."
- "I recently finished reading one of the best books I have ever read on parenting skills. It's the third book I have read by Anette Prehn who is a genius at communicating applied neuroscience to anyone from CEO's to 5 year old kindergarten kids. I wanted to recommend the book to everyone, however it's in Danish, so that rules out pretty much everyone except the 5 million or so people in the world that speak Danish. :-) It therefore delighted me greatly to see that Anette is not only working on getting the book translated into English but also developing an online course to go with it."
Do you want this massive eye-opener to reach people across the world? Please pledge your support! We have until May 6 to gather sufficient financial support for it to become a reality!
Risks and challenges
The project plan is visible below. As the book has already been written, edited and published in Danish, and the translation, editing and layout of the English book will be done by external professionals within a reasonable time frame, we expect no delays in relation to this.
Should such occur, however, we will of course keep our backers up to date with what's happening.
As for the online course, Anette Prehn will develop these sessions herself. Even though she is a much sought-after speaker, the time frame seems realistic. As for the launching of the online courses, Anette Prehn plans to launch the courses via her own platforms (but done by external professionals ... luckily). Should this prove more challenging than expected, there might be a slight delay here. However, we will make sure to keep all backers up to date with whatever is going on via Anette Prehn's professional Facebook page and Kickstarter.
BRAIN-SMART PARENTING - THE BOOK:
Mid April - Mid May 2017: Raising funds via Kickstarter
Mid May - Mid July 2017: Translating the book manuscript from Danish to English (done externally) and tailor-making it to fit an international audience
Mid July - End August 2017: Editing the manuscript (done externally) and layouting the book (done externally)
End of August - Mid September 2017: Printing of the book.
End of September 2017: First copies of the book shipped to backers (see special reward pledge)
Beginning of/Mid October 2017: Copies of the book sent to backers
BRAIN-SMART PARENTING - THE ONLINE COURSE:
Mid April - Mid May 2017: Raising funds via Kickstarter
Mid May - End of July 2017: Writing manuscripts and creating relevant exercises for the online courses
August 2017: Recording the online sessions
September 2017: Setting up the online platform (done externally)
Beginning of October 2017: Launch of the full online course
End of October 2017: Launch of the basic online course
November 2017: Online webinars with Anette Prehn
November 2017 onwards: Skype coachings with Anette Prehn
November 2017 onwards: Face-to-face consultations with Anette Prehn
March 2018: BrainSmart Parenting course in Denmark with Anette Prehn
- (30 days)