Our Film, "Edie Superstar," has finally taken off! To see how far we've come this far, check out the updated video trailer for our film, "Edie Superstar" above! We again want to thank everyone for helping support us and donate to our film so far- we sincerely appreciate it! Our film is almost done, but we need your continued and generous support in order to be able to finish off the critical scenes to link it all together, as well as to submit to many film festivals! You can follow and like our Facebook film page at https://www.facebook.com/EdieSedgwickFilm
This short film covers many of the characters who were involved in the famous Andy Warhol factory circa 1970. Many of these characters were as interesting and iconic as Andy Warhol himself, but were sadly forgotten in time. Edie Sedgwick was one of these Factory Superstars. She was an American model, actress, heiress to a railroad fortune, famous socialite and epitome of the 60's NYC scene- a fascinating contract to the West Coast hippie culture happening at this time. She was the "It Girl", the face of the 1960's effortless, edgy, mod glamour. She is best remembered as the original Andy Warhol superstar and youthquaker from the mid 60s.
- "Edie Superstar," is the first film I've produced. I, (Carissa Lynelle) am playing Edie Sedgwick in the film and have worked hard in giving my best performance of her. I've studied her extensively and stayed true to her character, absorbing and emulating her fashion sense, which much of reflects her take on the world. Although this film covers several Factory characters, we are seeing the majority of this through Edie's eyes, so we wanted to capture this as authentically as possible.
- Our film not only touches on Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol's iconic yet tragic relationship which eventually ends bitterly, but it also explores some of Edie's life after the Factory. This includes the film "Ciao! Manhattan," by John Palmer, and David Weisman, in 1972, which was shortly and sadly released after her tragic and sudden death at the young age of 28.
- We have incorporated the character of Butch from "Ciao! Manhattan", who finds Edie hitchhiking on the side of the road, and tells him about the old Andy Warhol factory days.
- Our main goal for this film is to bring back the lost and forgotten characters of Edie Sedgwick and other Superstars from Andy Warhol's Factory along with bringing back the wacky world and turbulent times of the the 60's and 70's! Some of this also touches on the famous and controversial acid doctors of the era.
For those of you who are nostalgic over this fabulous era than this is the film you will want to donate to! The Warhol factory is a whole culture in itself and we explore some of these characters. Brigid Polk, Baby Jane Holzer, and Paul America are some of the factory Superstars we bring back to life in this film.
Why do we need your generous donations?
Well, are main needs are:
- Film Festival Submissions
- Permits for some amazing locations in and around Chicago! (Unfortunately some locations fell through for us meaning we had to pay for extra days of filming at greater costs, in addition to having to secure insurance).
- Continuing to work with our amazing cast and crew!
- Public Relations! (We need help getting our film out there to local newspapers, the media, etc. and of course with it comes a price!)
We plan on submitting this film to many film festivals! We also plan to expand this subject into a FEATURE FILM in the future. Of course, this costs money and before the feature, we need a place to start, which is why we are doing the short film first and foremost.
This is a tribute to the intriguing, beautiful icon, and actress, Edie Sedgwick, who we will all come to love, if not already, and whom is also greatly missed. It is a thoughtful look at her life with a creative modern day take on it by integrating events and cultural phenomenon that reflect that era. We need as many supporters as possible and people like you to help us so we can create this unique, creative, inspiring, wacky and trippy film!
From all of us so far, we all have worked really hard on this film, and we look forward to it becoming one step closer to finality!
Thank you so much for your generous donations and continued support!!!
From left to right, Edie's mod white 60's sunglasses, Warhol's blonde iconic wig, Warhol's black rimmed reading glasses, peace earrings, 70's scarf, Edie Sedgwick leopard earrings, Mod Paisley Pink/Lime Hoop Earring, Warhol wayfarer sunglasses, Edie Sedgwick mod orange earrings, 70's bow tie, Yoli's black 60's wig, Cherry red 60's wig, Ingrid Superstar's blonde Edie wig, Butch's navy hat, Edie's black pipe. From left to right, Steve Sasco's "Edie Superstar Earring", Steve Sasco's "Original Butterfly Dangle Earring", Edie's short brown wig", (real hair), "Edie's long brown wig", (real hair) and a clear "antique bong".
From left to right, "Paul America's green vintage jacket", Steve Sasco's "Original Butterfly Dangle Earring", "Vintage stereo headphones", and an "Edie Sedgwick/Twiggy mannequin head".
You get to choose TWO of the following Steve Sasco Earrings!
From left to right, "Edie Superstar Earring", "The It Girl Multi-Hoop Earring", "Lovely Socialite Earring", "Life Magazine Earring w/Marcasite-Look" (as featured in Life Magazine, 1965), "The Original Butterfly Dangle Earring", and the "Edie Serendipity Earring", (antique silver).
Your choice of Sedgwick's, "White fur vintage jacket," or "Warhol's, "Vintage bolex camera!"
Produced by Carissa Lynelle Directed & Produced by Mark Nadolski, Assistant Director Tyler Hathaway Cinematography by Ryan Marshall Script Supervisor Ben Smith Sound Operator Stephen Holliger PA Andrea Baker PA Keeley Morris Makeup Artist Maria Luz Bork Makeup Artist Janay Evans Photographer Corey Crowley
Actors, Carissa Lynelle (Edie Sedgwick) Chris Maher (Paul America) Mick Cetera (Butch) Victor Kolyszko (Andy Warhol) Carrington Rowe (Ingrid Superstar), Nikeshia Koch (Baby Jane Holzer), Melissa Jaen (Brigid Polk), Tam Woodrow (Yoli), Nick Ryan Jurewicz, (Lester) Meegan Mayer (Young girl) Featured Extras: Diana Catalina, Matt Ferguson, Rhashad Washington, Steve Broumas, Mark Cooper, and Kyle Anderson.
Special thanks to OVIE Bar & Grill, LimeGreen Agency
Risks and challenges
Of course with any film or project, there are always going to be obstacles. Throughout some of our filming with, "Edie Superstar," one of our main set backs was being able to find the right location as well as keeping it. For instance, we had an issue with one of the locations falling through the day before we were supposed to be filming. Due to this, we had to find a brand new location and re-schedule filming to a later date.
This was a bit stressful as we had to coordinate a new schedule for the actors, as well as find a new location. However, we managed to successfully tackle these issues and we were able to find a new location as well as set a new date to where all the actors would be available. Of course, we will do are best at making everyone satisfied with the film and fulfilling your rewards in a timely fashion!
We have been working very hard to make this film happen as of the past year, and are proud to say that we are halfway there with finishing our final product! As soon as we have the rest of the funds acquired to be able to finish filming the second half of the film, it will be the next step in the right direction at making it a dream come true. We promise we are very dedicated when it comes to our film, and will continue to work very hard on it! We realize there are a lot of challenges ahead and will take them step by step, one at a time.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)