About this project
New Updated Video!
Thank you so much everyone for your support and donations! I'm so excited to say I've reached my goal of $2500! However, we still have 8 days left, so any more donations is greatly appreciated! Also, please view our new rewards and stretch goal below:
For those who donate (or who have already donated) $100 or more, you get to have "Associate Producer" credit in the film! That is, of course if you would like to have this reward. :)
Also, another reward includes for those who donate (or who have already donated) $150 or more, you get to have "Executive Producer" credit in the film! Again, if you would like to have this reward.
For donating $200 or more, (Still goes for people who have already donated, if you can just adjust your pledge :) Come meet and have dinner with the cast and crew of the film, as well as have your own personalized signed 24X36 "Edie" movie poster, "Executive Producer" credit in the film and on IMDB, as well as continuous updates and previews and backstage footage. Please keep in mind travel expenses are not covered.
For donating $205 or more, You get to have a speaking or non-speaking role (depending on your preference) walk-on role written specifically for you in the film. Meet with the cast and crew! Your own personalized signed poster, "Executive Producer" credit in the film, updates and previews, backstage footage. Please keep in mind travel expenses are not covered.
Our new stretch goal is to raise $3000. Throughout our campaign on Kickstarter we have networked with a lot of people, such as those who have known and met Andy Warhol, as well as recently got into touch with Paul America's nephew. (Paul America was one of Andy Warhol's superstars in the factory, as well as co-starred with Edie Sedgwick in Ciao! Manhatten in 1972.) We've decided that it would be a great idea to interview these people, (some in person) such as Paul America's nephew, and to add this element to our film, "Edie." However, we live some distance away from everyone, and of course this would add additional cost to our film, by traveling to see some of these people.
Another added element that we think would add higher quality to our film would be to hire a fashion designer. We think it would be great if they could re-create some of Edie's fashions. Thank you again everyone for your support, and we can't express enough how grateful we are of everyone's contributions! We also will be adding a new updated video soon.
Thank You again!!!!! :)
There are many elements to my film,"Edie." It will be based on the fascinating, yet tragic short life of Edie Sedgwick.You can also view my Facebook "Edie" film fan page at http://www.facebook.com/EdieSedgwickFilm?fref=ts
Also go here and subscribe to my youtube channel! This is me emulating and channeling Edie, in Ciao! Manhatten as well! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wRb80l4RCos#!
Who is Edie Sedgwick, you may ask?
She was an American model, actress, heiress, and famous socialite and epitome of the swinging 60's scene and one of the architects of the beatnik style. She was the "It girl," and the face of the 1960's effortless, edgy mod glamour. She is best remembered as an Andy Warhol superstar and youthquaker from the mid 60s.
Below is one of my modeling photos channeling Edie Sedgwick!
Why do I want to create a film about her?
Because I find her fascinating! She had a innocent enduring quality about her. I find her 'underground persona' much more appealing than other mainstream icons. Not only this, but she was extremely free-spirited and fun loving! She had a brilliant and vibrant personality and warmed the hearts of many. One of these people in particular was Andy Warhol, who we all know for being the kind of "Pop Art."
When and how did I hear about Edie Sedgwick?
- My short film, "Edie," is actually my first film I have written. I got the idea for my film after watching "Factory Girl" with Sienna Miller who played the wonderful icon of Edie Sedgwick. I had been trying to find a topic to write about for my first film I wanted it to be a creative story and one that involved an interesting and unique character. Thus, I decided to write my short film, "Edie," based on Edie Sedgwick's fascinating but troubled life. I will be playing Edie Sedgwick in the film and will be giving my best performance of her! I also feel that some parts of Edie's life is unknown and not a lot of people know her real life story. The movie, "Factory Girl" did a good job at explaining Edie's time in Warhol's Factory, but it however, did not cover much of her life after that. Thus, I feel with my film it would be a good idea to capture that unique part of her life.
- In the film Edie is a modern day girl living in today's society, and I think this will give the film some added uniqueness. I am also adding a modern day spin on our society today, particularly involving technology, youth, gay pride, and the hippie movement, It is as if we will be seeing the world through Edie's eyes and her take on the world we live in. This creative film will also emulate parts of "Ciao Manhatten!" by John Palmer, and David Weisman, in (1972) in which Edie Sedgwick starred in, and was released soon after her sad and sudden death.
- My goal for the film is to focus on Edie Sedgwick's iconic life. Also, to bring back the lost and forgotten characters of Edie Sedgwick, and superstars from Andy Warhol's Factory and bring them back to life along with bringing back the wacky world and cool ever changing times of the the 60's and 70's! Some of this regards the Famous and Controversial Acid Doctors of the era. For those of you who are nostalgic over this fabulous decade than this is the film you will want to invest in!
- Some of the other the key members were Betsey Johnson, Baby Jane Holzer, Paul America, and Viva. INTERESTINGLY, I HAVE RECENTLY GOT INTO TOUCH WITH PAUL AMERICA'S NEPHEW WHO WILL BE APPEARING IN MY FILM AS WELL! The Factory and its people there had been a whole culture in itself and I plan on incorporating some of these characters throughout my film. I will be relating it to some of the similar cultures of today such as the diverse group of people who live in Boystown Chicago who are apart of the gay pride movement. I firmly believe that the 60's and 70's helped shape our unique culture today.
Vitamin Shots, anyone?
So, why do we need your generous donations?
Well, our main budgetary needs are for:
- Film Festivals
- Lens and Equipment Rentals
- Permits for locations in and around Chicago
I plan on submitting this to many film festivals! I'm also planning to expand this subject into a FEATURE FILM in the future. Of course, this costs money and before the feature, it always need a place to start which is why I'm doing the short film first and foremost.
This is a tribute to the intriguing, beautiful icon, and actress, Edie Sedgwick, who we will all come to love, if not already, and whom is also greatly missed. It is a thoughtful look at her life with a creative modern day take on it. Because of this, parts of this film are fictional and but still true to her character. We need as many supporters as possible and people like you to help us so we can create this unique, creative, inspiring, wacky and trippy film!
Thank You in advance for your generous donations!! :)
Risks and challenges
Of course with any film/project there are always going to be obstacles. One of the main obstacles with my film is balencing work and school while concentrating on this film project and finishing it on the expected date of June 2013. However, I plan to work very hard at meeting these goals. If there should be any setbacks I will make sure that they get handled properly and will do my best at making everyone happy with the film and fulfilling your rewards.
I have been working very hard to make this film happen as of the past year. Of course, building the film and learning new skills throughout the process can be difficult. As soon as we have the funds to start making the short film, it will be the next step in the right direction at making it a dream come true. I promise I will continue to work very hard with this film. I realize there are a lot of challenges ahead and I will take them step by step.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (60 days)