Shipping delayed until June
To our Kickstarter supporters:
When we first launched the Superbook on Kickstarter, we had no idea that we’d eventually be managing a backer community of almost 17,000 individuals from all around the world—thank you, truly, for supporting our campaign and helping us make the Superbook a reality.
We’re working our absolute hardest to bring you the best experience we can—and our responsibilities to that end are not just about perfecting the hardware, but also entail growing and maintaining a strong software and developer ecosystem. As creators, we need to make decisions that balance getting the Superbook out to our backers as soon as we can with building an amazing product and a sustainable company that can continue to improve both your hardware and software experience.
With these reasons in mind, we're updating to let you know that we will be delaying the shipment of the Superbook from February to June. This decision wasn’t easy to make, and we sincerely apologize to you, our early backers, for letting you down on the timeline we set for Kickstarter. We want to let you know that we will always put our backers first in all that we do as a company, and that we’re working around the clock to deliver to you a product you’ll truly be proud to own—and that this decision was made with both of these priorities in mind.
Why the delay?
We didn't want to share this news without a personal touch. Our CEO Andrew is here to say a few words about the matter (note- all the pertinent information Andrew goes over is included below).
When you’re manufacturing 20,000 instead of 200 units, there is very little room for iteration or failure. Each mistake could cost hundreds of thousands of dollars or more -- and in the end, delay the process even more than necessary. As we’ve emphasized throughout the campaign, we value open communication and complete transparency, and want to share with you some of the challenges we’ve been facing in the production process.
- During the design for manufacturability process, we were advised by manufacturing experts to add in some modifications to make the Superbook easier to manufacture and better suited for our international backers. (On the plus side, it also means that the shell is sleeker and more premium, with an even better surface feel!)
- We have decided to pay all customs and VAT expenses in full, for all backers! This was a common request we heard from our international backers. However, in order for us to feasibly accomplish this, we are shipping to our warehouses via Ocean Freight, which takes longer but is easier to control in terms of customs and VAT expenses.
- Finally, we’ve faced some challenges with some of our vendors, whose quotes on component parts for the Superbook increased significantly. As far as manufacturing processes go, we’re told that this isn’t a rare occurrence, but it does mean our team is now spending time working on securing partnerships with alternate vendors and component sourcing in order to bring down the cost of production.
We know that this announcement isn’t ideal for anyone—believe us, our team is just as disappointed—and we take full responsibility for the shipping delay. While we know it won’t fully make up for it completely, we’d like to offer some special benefits to you for supporting us from the beginning through our Kickstarter campaign:
- You will receive a personal backer code coupon, good for $25 off retail price for current and all future generations of the Superbook.This coupon will be valid for life - you'll be able to use it for as many times as you want! You will also be able to share this code with friends as well for up to 10 total units per calendar year.
- We will cover all customs and VAT expenses—in full—for all backers. We’ll take care of everything, and you won’t have to worry about the fine details.
As a company, we’re grateful for you, the early members of the Superbook community - your continued support means the world to us. We’re committed to our promise of transparency and communication and will continue to share our progress.
Want to talk to us?
If you want to hear more about our decision, we'd love to talk to you and explain our reasoning in greater detail. We've set up 2 special ways to contact us about the delay:
- Email our CEO Andrew at email@example.com - he'll aim to reply in 24 hours or less.
- Want to chat with us in an instant-message environment instead? You can also join our new backer Slack group, where our team will be there to actively answer your questions.
To get invited to join the group, go to bit.ly/superbookbackers and sign up. You’ll receive an invite to join in your email inbox that looks like this:
We greatly value the voices of our backers, and look forward to hearing from you!
To end this update on a positive note, we've been making great progress with improving our Andromium app for a better user experience on the software side - here are a few teasers for what we've been working on!
Footage of Kevin, one of our engineers, working on Android Studio (running on his Macbook) over remote desktop on Andromium:
We've also improved the multi-window capability of the app - see below:
And finally, a hardware teaser - remember how we said the modified shell would be more sleek and premium? Well, we weren't exaggerating:
More hardware news to come - stay tuned ;)
January update postponed
Because we've already covered quite a bit of ground in this announcement (and because it's still the holidays), we will be postponing the January update back a few days. Thank you all for your patience!
We know that this announcement is disappointing, and we are deeply apologetic for being unable to stick to our initial Kickstarter timeline. We welcome any inquiries or comments you may have, and encourage to reach out to us to share your questions or concerns.
We hope you had a relaxing and safe holiday season - Happy New Year!
Our undying love,
❤︎ Team Andromium