(Click on the Image above to Watch King's River's Video Appeal for Donations)
Why should I help you guys reach $13,000?
Every new dollar that comes in, helping us reach $13,000, directly helps to make our show better. How?
- A publicist would help us immensely. We are good at promoting our show, but we're no publicist. A publicist means critics attending performances and getting reviews in newspapers and magazines. Ergo, we help build our company's name as well as fill the theater with audience members. (Getting a publicist was something we always thought not possible. Now, having a strong marketing and publicity budget is within our reach!)
- Having money to hire a stage manager. (A stage manager is the glue that holds a production together. Our stage manager will be working their a** off for 7 weeks, and we'd rather not resort to slave labor.)
King's River Outtakes (Info on show below)
So, What's This Show About?
King’s River is an original full-length play which tells the intertwining stories of individuals in the town of King's River, a fictional town in the American South. We watch the trials and tribulations of a jazz trio struggling to define themselves, in both their own lives and in their art. We watch the rise of a young politician, as he begins to brave the turbulent waters of modern American politics. We see the loneliness and yearning of an eager young Marine, soon to deployed, searching for a connection of any kind. And we watch the tension seethe between a father and son, as they vie for the same woman. These are just some of the stories of King's River. They have never been told before and can only be shared with your help. For more information please visit: www.kingsriverplay.com, Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/kingsriverplay, and follow us on twitter @kingsriverplay!
How Does This Kickstarter Thing Work?
We have 30 days to reach our goal of $6,500. By pledging money to our show, you will receive rewards based on how much you can give. Kickstarter is all-or-nothing, meaning if we do not reach our goal within that 30 day period, we do not receive any funding. If we go over our goal, it only helps to make our show better!
Where's The Money Going?
- $3,600 goes directly toward renting our performance space for 3 weeks
- $140 goes to mandatory rehearsal insurance
- $1,000 goes toward promotional marketing material & press packets
- $450 goes toward props/set
- $300 goes toward costumes
- $500 goes toward the Musicians
- $900 goes toward rehearsal space
- $150 goes toward lights & electricity Total Budget: $7,090
As you can see, our total budget exceeds our Kickstarter goal, so we need all the help we can get. So please feel free to donate even if we have reached our goal.
We appreciate any and all donations, no matter how large or small. We are incredibly thankful to all those who have helped support us on this amazing journey!
- (30 days)