Watch a Sneak Peak and Help Spread the Word: STREET FIGHTING MEN Premieres at IFFBoston this Sunday!
Hey Everyone! Exciting News!
We’re only days away from STREET FIGHTING MEN’s World Premiere at Independent Film Festival Boston, this Sunday, April 30th at 1:00 PM at the Somerville Theater. Click here for ticketing information. As a way to say thank you (and celebrate the premiere!) we are offering an early glimpse of the film. Thank you again for your support, encouragement and friendship. You can find the link and password to the opening minutes below:
In a rapidly changing America where mass inequality and dwindling opportunity have devastated the black working class, STREET FIGHTING MEN is the story of three Detroit men, who must fight to build something lasting for themselves and future generations. With the promise of education, safety and shelter in jeopardy, Deris commits to finish school, Luke works to rehab an abandoned home and Jack Rabbit takes a stand against crime and violence. Shot over three years in the neighborhoods of Detroit, STREET FIGHTING MEN is a modern American narrative; a story of hard work, faith and manhood in a community left to fend for itself.
While the national conversation has touted Detroit’s “recovery,” the precarious situation of life-long residents in the neighborhoods of Detroit has not improved since we began filming in 2010. From a February 2017 report: "Detroit is two very different cities – one white and privileged, the other black and deprived. Large-scale purchases, refurbishments and upgrades in Downtown/Midtown by developer and Quicken Loans Inc. founder Dan Gilbert contrast sharply with the decay that continues to dominate post-apocalyptic neighborhood landscapes, inhabited by long-time Detroit residents who are not sharing in the city’s growing but highly limited prosperity." It is more important than ever that the stories in our film are widely shared.
We want as many people as possible to see the film and participate in the conversation. Here’s how you can help us with that mission:
- Buy tickets for the screening. It’s the world premiere, and an important time to bring attention to the film. STREET FIGHTING MEN is also a moving cinematic experience that we look forward to sharing with you!
- Share information about the screening with people you know in New England. It’s as easy as forwarding them this message!
- Tweet about the screening. Here’s a sample: STREET FIGHTING MEN, the untold story of Detroit’s neighborhoods, is at IFFBoston this Sunday, April 30th (http://tinyurl.com/lzd6xkh)
- Post about STREET FIGHTING MEN on Facebook. Here’s an example: Friends, STREET FIGHTING MEN is a life-affirming documentary about three men working to build a future for themselves in the neighborhoods of post-industrial Detroit. Get tickets for its world premiere at Independent Film Festival Boston on Sunday April 30th: (http://tinyurl.com/lzd6xkh)
- Make sure to “like” SFM’s fan page on Facebook and Twitter and invite friends and family to do the same.
Thank you so much for your help, and if you’re going to be at Sunday’s screening, email to let us know and please be sure to say hello!
All the best,
Andrew, Sara, Katie and the STREET FIGHTING MEN team