Deadwood meets Buffy. A western/horror in the Civil War era - the graphic novel and you get to be a part of it!
The 1-minute Trailer!
Stretch goal #1 & 2 reached!
ALL BACKERS will receive exclusive Pariah, Missouri Bookmark and a 8x10 print!
This is what the experts are saying:
1857. Pariah, Missouri is a riverboat boom-town and a haven for the unscrupulous. The charismatic Hy Buchanan works undercover as a foppish cheat, and creates a rag-tag team to ferret out evil, both the corruption of man and the supernatural. His first challenge is the arrival of a duo of thespians, whose intentions are not to entertain.
Pariah Missouri is a western (set right before the Civil War) with a supernatural twist. Think of it as Deadwood meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It leans on mysticism and folk-magic and if you enjoy settings that are heavily researched with complex characters this is for you!
Our first story arc will be four 22-page issues. This Kickstarter campaign focuses on the production of the first two issues printed as one double-sized issue (~50 pages). The team is scheduled to complete issues three and four by spring of 2013 and begin additional story-lines in Pariah. This is more than one story, this is the beginning of a rich world that is being created, and YOU get to be a part of it!
Pariah, Missouri was created, written and colored by Andres Salazar. Andres has worked as an art assistant for Howard Chaykin. He is a film-maker, stand-up comedian, lover of comic books and currently has a number of graphic novel projects in development. Pariah is Andres' baby and he's been researching and writing it for 2 years. Finally he has found a partner that can bring the goods.
Enter artist Jose Pescador. Jose studied at the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He is a professional fine artist, has shown fine art in galleries across the globe and his work is amazing!
These two gentlemen are committed to the project, work hard and will not let you down!
The Kickstarter Campaign
You can be a part of the magic of Pariah! Your donations will go directly to the production and printing costs of this double sized issue (acts 1&2). After those costs are covered all moneys will go to issues 3 and 4 with the collection trade paperback of all 4 issues in the Spring of 2013.
For this campaign we are producing a variety of exclusive merchandise.
- Limited-edition hand-crafted wooden poker chip refrigerator magnets (this is way better than bookmarks, right??)
- Hand-crafted etched shot glasses (If I get my hands scarred it's your fault!)
- Limited-edition T-shirts, comes in different colors and a couple of designs (I designed them!)
- 11x17 print of Pariah character backgrounds and relationship web. (A must for fans of the story)
- The original TV pilot screenplay. (I'll even throw in the brads!)
- 7x11 watercolor sketch. (I can't believe I agreed to this one, I'm doing these old-school by hand with paper even! (boo! on digital coloring))
- Stand-up Comedy night! We will go and perform and make you laugh for 90 mins. We are professional comedians so we will bring the equipment and the funny.
- Be a member of the cast! I'm not talking some red-shirt that gets killed, I'm talking be the major villain or another supporting role. You might be on future covers and posters, so some fame may come your way.
Everyone here at BS Studios thanks you for your support, it means a lot to us to be able to realize our dreams. Please like the page and share this with your friends we will not be able to do this without you!
Stay tuned to our page, we will be adding more updates, stretch goals and videos!
Proud member of Kickingitforward.org !
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Andres and Jose are committed to this project. We are almost done with the art for the last half of the book and we have scheduled that by January it will go off to the printers. We will keep our backers up to date on our progress and let you know all about the exciting developments as they happen!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.