Thank you for looking at our project. We are so happy for being successfully funded but... the race is not over. You can still be part of our adventure!
We are opening our first epicurean cantine in Manhattan this fall and need all the support we can get. We got great press excited about our opening (see above + EATER, GOTHAMIST and FRENCH MORNING articles) and we hope you will see our drive & passion and help us realize our dream. Please keep on reading, pledging and spreading the word. Thank you!
UPDATE: Great news! We will be able to ship all our rewards this fall when our store will open in Greenwich Village. See more info bellow.
New to Kickstarter? You will find more information on how to pledge below.
Pour plus d'informations en français, explorez notre section plus bas.
WHAT IS ANCOLIE
Ancolie offers fresh, delicious breakfast, lunch and snack options with sustainable, well-sourced ingredients packaged in reusable glass jars. Our recipes are prepared in our kitchen daily, inspired by traditional French home cooking and international flavors.
Built upon the epicurean philosophy, Ancolie believes that each meal should be respected and savored amongst friends. In today’s digital world, people rarely pause to appreciate their meals, yet Ancolie invites you to slow down, disconnect from your daily routine and enjoy every wholesome bite.
We will be opening our first restaurant in New York City this fall in the Greenwich Village Area. We already signed the lease and are working very hard through the renovation process.
Ancolie wants to become your cantine and have you for coffee, lunch, snacks or even a glass of wine. Whether you are in a good mood or a bad mood, we want to be here to brighten your day. Help us get there!
- With $20,000 (reached): we were able to start the production of the large glass jars we will be using in our restaurant for our mains and salads.
- With $50,000 (reached): we will be able to also manufacture small jars to use for our desserts and sides.
- With $70,000 (new objective!!): we will be able to add buy warm and cold display cases for our store.
- With $100,000: we will be able to do buy most of our cooking equipment.
- It takes a lot of support to open in Manhattan and we need your help to achieve our dream.
- Our cantine is located at 58 west 8th street (at the corner of 6th ave)
- 500 square feet with a kitchen on site and 15 seats
- Below is a picture of our window with hand drawn jars and vegetables
- We will serve breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner
- All the meals will be ready to grab and go in refrigerated display
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and dairy free options will be available
- Breakfast: french toast sticks, chia puddings, layered omelets
- Healthy salads: salmon and soba noddles, lemon chicken tabouleh
- Hearty mains: shepherd's pie, chicken tikka
- Sides: fresh soups, gratins, ratatouille
- Desserts: Fab's chocolate cake, carrot cake and fresh fruit salad
- You will receive a free dish for every 10 jars returned
WASTE: GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT
- 100 million pieces of lunchtime trash get thrown away every 24 hours
- On an annual basis, that's 20 billion pieces in our landfills
- Every week, the volume of plastic thrown into the oceans equals two Empire State Buildings
- Less than 4% of plastic used is recycled
- 30-40% of food produced goes to waste
Ancolie jars are portion controlled, waste-free and plastic-free. The healthiest and most sustainable lunch companion. Keep in mind, the best way to reduce garbage is to NOT create it!
- Gorgeous: Transparent inside and out, see exactly what you are eating
- Elegant: Replaces all of the clutter of your typical to-go lunch
- Reliable: Keeps cold dishes crisp and warm ones toasty
- Proven: Captures seasonal flavors like our grandmothers used to
- Green: Participates in a zero waste community
- Pure: Natural and chemical free
Designed by the pickiest eaters and the best experts and designers:
- Wide enough to eat directly out of
- Curved inside to enjoy every bite up to the last one
- Stackable and leakproof
- 100% reusable
- Easy to transport everywhere
- Freezer, microwave and dishwasher safe
- So durable, they will invite you to slow down and enjoy every bite
- Dimensions: width 4 1/4 in. at the top (11cm), height 4 3/4 in. (12cm)
- Content: large size 22oz (625mL) - small size 10oz (300mL)
To go with our beautiful jars, we needed the perfect partners. So we created two awesome bags that you can reuse rather than plastic bags. We hope they will become your favorite eco-friendly lunch boxes!
The Isotherm Bag: A beautiful insulated lunch pack that fits comfortably and comes with 2 large jars and will keep your meal cool or cozy depending on what you need. It fits easily in any bag (5" tall x 9" wide x 5" deep or 13cm x 23cm x 13cm) and looks great with cotton canvas on the outside.
The Carry-Everything Bag: We created this bag, to carry your lunch with everything else you need for the day. It has leather handles (very chic!), cotton canvas and two compartments. One compartment is padded to safely transport your laptop and the second one, larger, fits the Isotherm Bag perfectly and everything else you need with you . It also has a small pocket on the side to fit your phone, keys and all the small things you need accessible at all time (15" tall x 9" wide x 5" deep or 38cm x 23cm x 13cm). The handles are large enough to carry on your shoulders and not too long to also carry in your hands to your side.
Want to add extra goodies to your pledge? Just added the following amounts and send us a note to confirm:
- $10 - Set of 2 small jars
- $30 - Lunch set (including 2 large jars)
- $35 - Apron
- $60 - Carry everywhere bag (including lunch set inside)
- $55 for 5 lunched or $100 for 10 lunches in our store
Growing up in Paris, our founder developed an affinity for well-prepared, wholesome meals. After working for ten years in finance, she grew tired of the typical ready made lunch options they were mass-produced and packaging heavy. This is when Ancolie was born!
On her side, she has a team of passionate people united around a common goal: making eating on-the-go as sustainable and delicious as possible.
- Early 2015: The idea was born in France
- 2015: First drawings of our jar
- Early 2016: Recipe testing and first prototypes
- April 2016: We have a packaging we like!
- May - June 2016: Kickstarter Campaign - you run the show now!
- May 2016: We signed the lease of our first cantine
- July 2016: Final production tests / Permits and demolition of the space
- August 2016: Manufacturing / Renovation begins
- September 2016: Shipping / Renovation ends
- Fall 2016: Opening our of flagship cantine, yeah!
Need help on Kickstarter? Click here to see the step by step tutorial.
WE ARE SOCIAL
QUELQUES MOTS EN FRANÇAIS !
Ancolie vous propose de délicieux repas, exclusivement préparés avec des ingrédients frais et locaux, le tout dans des bocaux en verre réutilisables. Nous allons ouvrir notre premier restaurant très prochainement à New York et avons besoin de notre soutien !
Des récompenses ont été spécialement pensées pour nos amis du monde entier. Vous pouvez commander dès à présent vos bocaux, sacs et tabliers pour les recevoir directement en France et partout dans le monde.
Nos recettes, inspirées par le raffinement de la cuisine française et les saveurs du monde entier, sont confectionnées dans notre cuisine tous les matins. Au sein du monde digital dans lequel nous vivons, rares sont ceux qui prennent un moment pour apprécier leurs mets. Ancolie vous invite à prendre votre temps, à vous déconnecter de votre routine afin d’apprécier chacun de nos ingrédients les plus raffinés.
Soutenez nous, rejoignez le mouvement et contribuez à un système éco-responsable.
Pour plus d'informations, découvrez également l’interview de la fondatrice d’Ancolie en français !
On vous remercie et on compte sur vous !
Risks and challenges
Production - Our team partnered with experienced designers and manufacturers to developed the best product available. However, we will not settle for mediocre quality in order to save time. Should any issues arise we promise to keep you updated every step of the way.
Restaurant - Opening a brick and mortar in New York City is not simple. We are supported by the best team for construction, permits and menu development. Like every other project, we expect bumps in the road and we will be very transparent with you, giving frequent updates, good or bad. Be assured that we are putting all our hard work and energy to this project.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (44 days)