Hi there! I'm Amrit Brar, an illustrator and zine-creator. Those of you who are familiar with my previous projects like the Shitty Horoscopes Anthology and other zines are probably well aware of my love of drawing all things dead, decaying, and floral. I'm continuing to explore these themes in my latest project, The Marigold Tarot.
On a whole, the Marigold Tarot has always been about creating a tarot deck in a style that my friends and I wanted to use. That meant illustrating a wealth of skeletons, flowers, and plants, and partnering all of them with the clothing and jewelry I grew up surrounded by in a Punjabi household. To top it all off, the whole thing will be produced in a combination of black and white printing with metallic gold ink. With that said, let's get into:
The cards themselves will measure 2.75"Wx4.75"H, printed on 280gsm blue-core stock (UPDATE: the cards are now being printed on a 310gsm black-core linen stock, thanks to the amazing support this project has received!)
The deck will consist of 22 Major Arcana cards and 56 Minor Arcana cards. The four suits in the Minor Arcana are as follows:
- Rings, showcased by hands bearing rings or encircling ring-like ornaments
- Swords, in this case ranging from longswords to daggers
- Wands, which are symbolized by various flower stems
- Cups, symbolized by skulls acting as vessels
The tuckbox, meanwhile, will be glossy black and stamped with gold foil.
UPDATE: passing our funding goal means we have now upgraded from a standard tuckbox to a two-piece tarot box, stamped with gold foil! We've also upgraded to 310gsm black-core linen stock for the cards themselves
The funds raised by this campaign will be put toward printing, packaging, and shipping the initial print run. We're currently aiming to ship the decks by February 2018.
This design will be used for both the first 5.5"x5.5" print tier and will also be printed on the 21"x21" tarot cloth. All 21"x21" tarot cloths will be screenprinted with metallic gold ink here in Toronto by artist and printmaker Jackie Lee.
For the limited edition reward tiers, a run of 100 embroidered patches and 100 hard-enamel pins will be produced, exclusive to this campaign. The patches will be embroidered with metallic gold thread on black patch felt, and the pins will be gold plating filled with black enamel.
There is also a limited edition signed and numbered screenprint at the $85CAD reward tier, which comes with the embroidered patch, enamel pin, tarot cloth, tarot deck, and the print from the $10CAD reward tier.
Kickstarter, as a crowdfunding platform, affords creators and people who love their work opportunities to bring projects to life together. By becoming a backer and making a pledge toward this project, you can get rewards such as prints, physical copies of the deck, pins, patches, and more! Kickstarter backers are able to get the deck at a more competitive price prior to its retail launch since they're helping fund the initial print run of the deck. You'll also be eligible for awesome stretch-goal additions to your pledge if the project exceeds its funding goal, such as upgrading the packaging and overall look of the deck!
1. YOU MUST PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL. Preferably one that you check very often! Backer surveys will be sent out when funding for the project has ended. The sooner you respond to your survey and provide your address, the quicker your reward will be mailed out to you!
2. MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS UP-TO-DATE. If it isn't, the amount you pledged will be declined when the campaign's funding period is over and you will be dropped as a backer.
3. TAKE CARE WITH YOUR ADDRESS. Please ensure that the address you provide in your backer survey is properly formatted and spelled correctly! Incorrect addresses can result in delays in getting your rewards to you, or rewards being returned due to bad address. The address provided must have a full name (first and last) for the mail to be directed to, not a username. Your address will be used exactly as stated in shipping your rewards to you, so double-check to make sure everything is correct. If your reward gets sent back due to an error in providing your address, you will be charged for shipping once again, and that's no fun for anyone! If you encounter any changes in address before your rewards have shipped, please update your survey and beam me a message.
4. If you're ordering from outside Canada or the USA, your order may have customs and import duties applied to it. We can’t tell you what that cost would be as duties and customs vary widely from country to country and we have no control over those charges. It might be a good idea to contact your local customs office for more information on the current charges.
Risques et défis
This is my second Kickstarter campaign navigating a large project with multiple illustrations. The largest challenge is acquiring the funds to proceed with printing. I have spoken to the printer, obtained a quote, and the art for the project is largely completed and will continue to update during the 30-day course of the campaign.
By slating the shipping date for February 2018, the project allows itself a broad window to accommodate shipping and production delays. In the event of any unexpected delays, I will be entirely transparent in sharing the matter on this Kickstarter page.En savoir plus sur la notion de responsabilité sur Kickstarter
Période de financement
- (30 jours)