In The Club
In The Club
Join the party with this tongue in cheek card game. Impress the ladies with crazy dances, exotic drinks and cheesy pick-up lines.
Join the party with this tongue in cheek card game. Impress the ladies with crazy dances, exotic drinks and cheesy pick-up lines. Read more
About this project
This game has been largely inspired by the pop music of our times glamorizing "The Club" lifestyle. This is our first attempt at publishing one of our crazy game ideas and we hope you will take the time to support it. Please join us in poking fun at the Y.O.L.O. generation.
The basic game play is simple. Use whatever means are at your disposal to become the ultimate playa. Buy drinks, show off your swag with some dance moves, different outfits, and smooth talking to impress the ladies. Each girl has a different set of turn-ons and turn-offs, and will require different strategies to impress.
The game is designed to be played with 3-5 people and takes 30-60 minutes to play. It's quick, fun and a great way to entertain guests at a party or just hanging out with friends. Or you can find a way to play the game by yourself. We won't judge.
Want more details? Check out this video on how to play In The Club.
Each game comes with:
- Instruction booklet
- 12 girls
- 20 drinks
- 20 pickup lines
- 20 name drops
- 20 cock blocks
- 20 dance moves
- 20 outfits
- In The Club game board
We are working with a great artist, Joey Romero of http://www.averagejoeart.blogspot.com, who has provided fantastic realizations of our vision and has been a pleasure to work with. Your support would go in part, to financing his part in this endeavor and ensure that we have his fantastic art for our game. We encourage you to visit his site to see other artwork he has created and follow him on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/averagejoeart.
Your money will also go to the production of this game. Right now, we have a set of prototype cards that we printed ourselves. We have production quotes from a variety of game design companies and with a good fistful of money behind us we can afford to make more games, with better quality cards, with a reputable company. Otherwise, I guess it's child labor.
We will also be able to pack and ship your games! We can afford to take "sick days" to make sure we get all the games out to all four corners of the world in a timely fashion.
A successful backing will also allow us to get awesome "In The Club" accessories like shot glasses, posters, We will even throw in some stretch rewards during the next few weeks to make the Kickstarting process a little more, shall we say...interesting?
Backer Level Details
- Digital wallpapers - a digital wallpaper will be created for each of the girls featured in the game. For those receiving wallpaper, you will get a chance to select the girl you would like as a digital wallpaper in the survey we send out after the project has funded. If we reach our $20k stretch goal and you funded enough to get all the digital wallpapers, you will get the additional girl as well as any other girls that are created from future stretch goals.
- Shot glasses - the shot glasses will depict a girl based on votes from the survey and the In The Club logo.
- Poster - the poster will depict a girl based on votes from the survey and the In The Club logo.
- Limited Edition Art Print - the prints will be a limited run of 100 prints. You will have a choice of girl for your print from any of the girls. The prints will be signed by the artist and Amoeba Box Games founders.
- Amoeba Box Club - unlimited membership gets you one copy of each game Amoeba Box Games produces shipped to you as they become available as a show of our sincere appreciation.
Stretch Goal #1!
If Stretch Goal #1 is met, we will include these extra cards making In The Club officially a 3-6 player game!
Your money will NOT go to:
- Other projects
- Corporate retreats
- CEO bonuses
- Cocaine habits (not that either of us has one, just making sure we got that covered)
Your money WILL go to making sure we have enough capital to make the highest quality game possible and get it into the hands of you worthy gamers. Thank you again!
The legal stuff
All artwork and media is solely owned by Amoeba Box Games. Any copying of the artwork and media is strictly prohibited unless arrangements have been agreed upon with Amoeba Box Games, and failure to abide by this will result in potential legal action.
All characters are fictional and in no way mean to portray any real person in likeness or otherwise. Celebrity names are used in parody and fall under legal rights for printed use.
We do not condone or endorse underage drinking as such things are illegal. Please be aware while playing the game to educate minors on the laws in your area.
Although there is no required age limit for the game we recommend following the guidelines for R-rated movies.
Risks and challenges
We’ve already done a lot of legwork getting the artwork together and are at a good stage; the risks are mostly on the production and transit stages. We are planning to work with a well known and reliable production company to avoid as many risks as possible. We have one picked out, but have backups in case they fall through. Transit from the production company will take about a month and based on other contributing factors may be delayed as we saw happen to other products when the port in Los Angeles was closed due to worker strikes. Fear not! We will do whatever we can to minimize these risks and challenges and will provide frequent updates through the Kickstarter page throughout the whole production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (37 days)