After re-zoning the Historic Entertainment District of Anoka, Minn., Ambi is set to become the city’s first official wine bar!
Ambi Wine Bar was founded by three friends from the Anoka area who share a vision for Anoka’s future and are committed to improving their community. As a team, we’re aiming to bring you a one of a kind wine bar experience that goes beyond the glass. When we open our doors in the Spring of 2019, Ambi Wine Bar will bring you a Classically Anokan vibe with a modern twist. We’ll complement Anoka’s existing lineup of local businesses while filling a void in the historic downtown entertainment district; creating a destination for you to discover your favorite wines and enjoy a curated assortment of local goodies.
Our goal is to help cultivate Anoka’s forward progress, bringing more people into the area and ultimately introducing more people to the town we love. Our role is to offer a home for weary shoppers after a day of antiquing or browsing the racks during the sidewalk sale. We will be a destination for theater goers and a meet-up space for friends taking part in our city’s many traditions. We will pair the warm setting with live music, art, and other events. Above all, Ambi will be a place where you can relax, chat, and immerse yourself in the ambiance of this historic city.
Help us in the effort to continue moving Anoka forward by sharing this page and donating as a Founding Member. Thanks for your support!
Backer reward packages include great items such as Ambi Wine Bar swag and advertising for local businesses (backer sweatshirt and stemware previews below).
Meet the Team
Jess Protivinsky-Pratt: As a small business owner with thousands of delighted clients over the years, Jess knows the community and has a proven track record of operating a business with rigor. At Ambi, Jess will lead our operations.
Jimmy Good: Jimmy is an entertainment industry entrepreneur with a passion for serving others. As a lifelong resident of Anoka he is immersed in the community and will be focused on building enduring relationships between Ambi and other local businesses.
Ythan Pratt: Ythan has spent a decade working in advertising, supporting some of the world’s most recognizable brands in their digital marketing efforts. With Ambi, he will put his marketing skills to work in his hometown.
How We Will Utilize Your Contribution
- Your contributions will help us complete renovations of the historic 2nd Ave/Jackson Street space and create an atmosphere you won't want to leave. Some of the improvements include: plumbing, electrical upgrades, storage/refrigeration, appliances, signage, a locally made bar, installation of a new floor, and state & municipal fees.
- In exchange for your generosity, we have created some wonderful rewards suited for anyone looking to make their mark on Anoka’s history.
- All rewards must redeemed by 1/1/2020.
We need to raise $15,000 but it will take a lot more than that to bring our vision to life. If we exceed our goal, we will continue marching toward our stretch goals.
- $20,000 to help us build out a hearth and lounge space. If we reach this goal, all supporters will receive a custom Ambi corkscrew.
- $25,000 to help us furnish Ambi with handmade tables and a locally crafted bar. If we reach this goal, all supporters will receive Ambi stemware.
$30,000+ to help us with the stage and sound system. If we reach this goal, we will dedicate the custom bar to you. All supporters (individuals and businesses) will be memorialized on our bar!
Risks and challenges
State and Municipal FeesLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)