Deserted is a 3d action adventure with light rpg elements. Inspired by the visual style and atmosphere of Out Of This World, combined with the fast paced combat of 16 bit era action games to deliver that rich experience, fun and challenge that thrives in our memories.
Vast landscapes and towering spires bring our vision of isolation to life. Deserted inhabits an alien world thick with brooding forests and intimidating structures set against advanced alien architecture and hordes of unknown terrors waiting to end your journey. Nothing is easily given, our vision is to let forge a path that is unique and satisfying. Every secret and puzzle is designed to shape your experience and add depth to the narrative.
- Combat that is both fun and challenging. Tear apart your enemies with upgradable weapons and turn the tide against even the strongest foe with a unique skill tree system.
- Rich world brimming with secrets and puzzles to explore from the highest spires down into the deepest caverns.
- Narrative you not only explore, but shape as you progress. You forge your own journey, and uncover your unique place in this universe.
- Co-op game-play to lessen the burden of loneliness and spread the woe
- Play as either a female or male explorer and customize your appearance
As a galactic explorer you come equipped with an arm mounted module system that allows you to track your health, synthesize materials, emits wonderful glows, and more importantly gives you the ability to construct a powerful holo-blade that can cut through most matter.
This system can adapt itself to foreign energies, communicate with with objects and mechanical structures via energy transfer. Everything you need to survive hostile environments is in this device.
- Primary weapons Holo-Blade constructed from energy in your arm mounted module system. Cuts through most matter and adapts it self to foreign bodies.
- Secondary Weapons An array of matter decimating weapons capable of burning, freezing and electrifying enemies. These include hand guns, automatic rifles and shotguns.
- Gadgets Grenades and throw-able items able to create powerful fields of energy, dispatch great numbers and create mesmerizing light shows.
- Modules These are items you find in the world that allow you to augment your arm mounted module system to suit your play-style. Equipping different modules gives you access to different skill trees unlocking a variety of awesome upgrades and unique abilities. Each module can be maxed-out and crafted into master modules.
- Crafting To survive this planet, you will need to harvest materials and resources. You can utilize the unique energy signature of plants and materials and synthesize a whole array of healing options, antidotes, augment modules, and craft batteries for your guns.
We have been working day and night to bring the game into a playable state. Currently most of our game-play mechanics and world interactions are in place. We are still polishing and adding new features but the core is complete. At this point we are expanding our world adding assets, animations, characters and enemies.
We are planning to have Early access ready for June 2016. Depending on how well the preview goes we should have the full game ready soon after.
We are also developing the full soundtrack and sound design experience.
What about Ambit?
Ambit is a project we kick-started last April. However it was far too big and ambitious to continue without any funding or outside support. We are a very small and unknown studio. So in order to gather support and your trust, we are developing Deserted, which is smaller in scope and will require less resources to develop.
We are still developing Ambit but at a much slower pace.
We are currently developing for PC, Linux, iOS and Android. Our stretch goal is to develop for Mac, PS4, VITA and XBONE systems.
Completely immerse yourself in the experience with a finely tuned weather system and day night cycle. Let your boots soak in the dirt and set-up camp to hide from the elements.
Play it again. New Game+ with expanded rewards, tougher enemies and brand new secrets to unlock on your second play through. Collect what you missed and discover a deeper meaning of pain.
Explore the boundaries of an expanded world inhabited by many more enemies and secrets to uncover. Journey into new biomes filled with snow, lava and water.
Release the game for PS4, VITA, XBONE, WIIU and MAC systems.
Risks and challenges
After a couple months of endless nights and coffee fuelled rampages we have a good chunk of our core game-play and ideas in place.
All that stands in our way is polishing, asset creation and world building. This work undoubtedly takes time, which this kick-starter would provide.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)