This project is about the moments that took my breath away. The most vivid memories I have of the places I've traveled to are always the emotions it made me feel. Throughout the years I've come to learn that these emotions are often followed with the same question; how can I share this experience, these feelings, with the rest of the world?
“Windows to Distant Places” is my first series of photographs in high quality print form. It’s a limited edition run of the most heartfelt photographs I’ve created during the last 5 years while traveling to distant places in search of moments that make you feel.
These pieces are essentially a window to the inspiring locations that I traveled to. For me, there’s something unexplainably magical about being in the presence of a high quality print. They transmit the experience and feelings I had when I was actually there. It’s the true carrier of the story. All five senses come together and it’s like you’re actually there for a second.
The final hurdle in front of me, though not a small one, is bringing what was in front of my lens to your walls; production and shipping of all these prints. Please help me so I can share my art and make you feel what I felt when I traveled to these inspiring places.
"Windows to Distant Places"
This series will be printed on two different formats; UltraHD Photo Paper Print and Metal Print.
1. UltraHD Photo Paper Print
- The state-of-the-art laser process uses Fuji Crystal DP II, a proven photo paper with a high-gloss surface
- UltraHD print quality ensures extreme sharpness and the highest resolution
- Maximum detail density and precise contours with 75-year brilliant color.
- Your ultraHD print is perfectly secure in a made to measure packaging that will reach you safe and sound.
2. Metal Print
- Museum-quality direct metal prints are made of state-of-the-art 7 color print directly on the aluminum.
- Aluminum dibond matte finish with satin sheen in brighter areas
- Printed with UV-cured inks which makes it suitable for roofed outdoor areas and bathrooms
- Aluminum rail wall-mount ready to hang.
- Your limited edition metal print is perfectly secure in a made to measure packaging that will reach you safe and sound.
Risks and challenges
Much of my career path has been frustrated by the challenges involved in marketing one's own creative work. It's hard to put into words how meaningful it is to be able to share a passion and vision in a concrete form with the support of friends, family and acquaintances. The hard work has already been done in creating these photographs.
This series has been a labor of passion and craft for years, so it's exciting to be close to finally share them with all of you.
I expect the production and shipping process to go smoothly. The printing company is on schedule and ship the prints themselves.
I have tried to set a realistic timeline for production but if there's any unexpected delays, I will inform everyone as soon as I know about them and keep you posted about progress. My goal is to have the pieces printed in time for the 2017 winter holidays, and would love it if you share these pieces with your friends as a gift.
I am incredibly thankful of the opportunity that crowd funding offers. I appreciate the support from every single one of you, Thank you very much!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)