The Illustrated Prose Short Story Featuring Spooky Jones is UNLOCKED plus your 34th Trading Card is UNLOCKED!
Happy Monday everyone!
So, I crashed into my bed about 3:30AM last night and I surfaced to find that we had leapt over $125,000 in funding! WOO HOO!
That means TWO MORE stretch goals have been unlocked!
- Your 34th Trading card (which I'll send you the voting link for once y'all are done with your voting for your 32nd and 33rd Trading Cards)!
- And the ILLUSTRATED PROSE SHORT STORY FEATURING SPOOKY JONES PDF!
The Illustrated Prose Short Story Featuring Spooky Jones PDF
This short prose story will allow me to get inside my characters' heads in a way that only prose can and will share some deeper insights into who Spooky is as a young man and as a demon-fighting hero. I'll have Adam and Vero come up with 3 or 4 full-color illustrations to go with it to show off the really big moments. And I'll then send it out as a PDF for all backers to enjoy!
There are definitely stories I really want to share about my characters that wouldn't make sense to do in comics form, so I'm totally looking forward to creating this! Thank you! :D
Let's Take Stock!
We're in the last 6 hours of this Kickstarter and you've unlocked over 40 Stretch Goals! Holy cats!
What goodies are you going to get?
- a PDF of The Annihilator’s Classified Government Dossier that reveals his secret history sent to all backers!
- the just-unlocked ILLUSTRATED PROSE SHORT STORY PDF featuring Spooky Jones and sent to all backers!
- a 25-page BONUS COMIC featuring fan-favorite characters Spooky Jones and Commander that will be added to the printed book (and won’t ever show up on my webcomics site)!
- a 5-15 page TRUTH OR DARE BONUS COMIC sent to all backers as a PDF where The Young Protectors team will be playing a game of Truth or Dare and backers will be able to create and vote on what questions/dares will be asked to which character!
- a KICKSTARTER-EXCLUSIVE BOOKMARK featuring hero Kyle in uniform sent to everyone receiving a physical book!
- THIRTY-FOUR FULL-COLOR 2.5" x 3.5" TRADING CARDS with beautiful, unique character art and revealing details about The Young Protectors characters sent to everyone receiving a physical book including FULL SETS of the POWERS, ROMANCE and ORIGIN CARDS!
All backers at the YOUNG HERO pledge level or above are going to be sent embroidered, totally authentic SPOOKY CAPS!
Also, so many stretch goals have been unlocked, backers at the EXPERIENCED VIGILANTE level and above now have thirty-four full-color 11" x 14" Print options to choose from!
Backers at TRUE-SUPERHERO and above will be sent all thirty-four full-color 11" x 14" prints!
Based on your votes (and in addition to the five "default" prints the project started with), these prints will include
- Two pulse-pounding full-color ACTION PRINTS, one featuring our hero Kyle on a solo mission and another featuring Kyle and The Annihilator going dark-side and committing a crime together!
- Three Safe-For-Work ROMANCE PRINTS, two featuring main characters Kyle and The Annihilator together and one featuring junior Young Protectors team members Fluke and Flyboy together!
- Four extra-revealing Not-Safe-For-Work ROMANCE PRINTS: one with Kyle and The Annihilator, one with Spooky Jones and Tsunami, one with The Annihilator and Spooky Jones and one with Kyle and another The Young Protectors character! (voting is still in progress for that one!)
- the SEXY HEIGHT CHART FOR THE GUYS, featuring the male heroes of The Young Protectors team lined up by height against a height chart. And based on backers’ votes, the adult heroes will be fully naked so you’ll really be able to see how the team measures up!
- the SHOWER SCENE/LOCKER ROOM PRINT FOR THE GUYS, which shows a sexy and playful scene of the guys from behind and where backers are currently voting on whether they’d want the modesty of the male heroes of The Young Protectors protected with tasteful steam or whether we should show full-nudity!
- 11" x 14" Prints of art from ALL 18 POWERS AND ROMANCE CARDS!
- SEVEN ADDITIONAL PRINTS OF FULLY-NUDE "FULL-MONTY" PIN-UP ART of every single adult The Young Protectors character based off their beautiful ROMANCE CARD art!
(Backers at TRUE SUPER-HERO or above will be able to choose whether they want their Prints made from the ROMANCE CARD art to be "regular" or "full-monty", thus meaning they'll be able to receive thirty-four 11" x 14" prints total!)
Wow! That's a huge, awesome haul of rewards! Right on! :D
A bunch of you have been upping your pledges!
So, I've been getting sent these fun charts from backers via email that detail exactly how much every backer would have to bump up their pledge to hit the final stretch rewards (i.e. if everyone increased their pledge by $5, we'd unlock the STICKERS; if everyone increased their pledge by $6, every single trading card would be unlocked, etc.)
While I realize it's hardly that simple, it is a fun way to think about it and it seems like a lot of you have been thinking that way too, because over the last 48 hours, y'all have been bumping up your pledges like crazy!
(Which obviously makes me feel good on a lot of levels, but especially because it makes me think I did an OK job in coming up with appealing stretch goals!)
Now, frankly, while I'd love to be able to create everything in the stretch goal list I came up with (I chose ones that would be fun for me too!), I'm simply over-the-moon with how far we've come right now.
But if you'd like to up your pledge (especially to get access to extra-special goodies like the Spooky Cap, all thirty-four art prints or the physical Classified Annihilator Dossier artifact—only 14 left of those!), you still have a few hours to do that on the main page of our Kickstarter.
Well, we're now at $125,626 and the next stretch goal gets unlocked less than $2000 away at $127,500—your 35TH Trading Card!
And after that?
- at $130,000, I'll create a nice STICKER SHEET with all The Young Protectors characters drawn in the fun cartoon style of the Spooky Logo! And I'll send them out to all backers who are receiving a physical book! You'd be able to have a cute little Red Hot smiling at you on your computer or anywhere else you'd like!
- at $132,500, the 36th and final Trading Card is unlocked, meaning all FIRST-TIME CARDS would be unlocked, meaning YOU'D HAVE UNLOCKED EVERY SINGLE TRADING CARD! YOU'D GET THEM ALL! FOUR COMPLETE SETS! Completists rejoice!
- and then at $135,000, we would be within the TOP 15 OF ALL COMICS KICKSTARTERS and also you'd unlock the SUPPORTING CHARACTERS TEAM-UP/BATTLE PRINT where you'd choose two Young Protectors characters to be featured just like the last Team-Up/Battle Print but this time main characters Kyle and The Annihilator would be out of the picture! And then, once you chose which two supporting characters you wanted to see featured in this pulse-pounding 11" x 14" action print option, I'd send out another voting link for you to decide if you want those two characters teamed up or battling each other! Curious who would win if Spooky had to fight The Platinum Priestess? Unlock this stretch goal and we might just find out!
A more complete list of all the upcoming stretch goals can be found on the main page. And they are also described in more detail in this update.
Will we hit any of those stretch goals? Fingers crossed! But for now I'm just so happy I'm going to create this awesome illustrated prose story featuring Spooky Jones!
Last chance to get the word out!
Oh, and we are really, truly in the very final hours of this project (less than 6 hours to go!), so please let all your friends know about us in one final, big push. Through the Facebooks and the Twitters and the Tumblrs and the Reddits and the anything-else-you-can-think-of, please let folks know how much fun this is, how many goodies they can now get and that it's now or never!
These last few hours will be the last chance for anyone to back and lay claim to a book, a Spooky Cap, the Truth or Dare Bonus comic, The Annihilator Dossier, the Sexy Height Chart for the Guys, over thirty Trading Cards, the delightful Shower Scene/Locker Room Print and what's now thirty-four full-color 11" x 14" prints!
Thank You So Much!
It's an understatement to say that this Kickstarter has exceeded my wildest dreams. Over 2300 backers, over $125,000 raised, over 40 stretch goals unlocked! This has been a wonderful, fun, incredible experience and it's all because of you and your amazing enthusiasm and support!
6 hours left.... I'm so excited to see where we are when we blast through the finish line!
You all TOTALLY ROCK!