Welcome to the Kickstarter for Twin Moon Galaxy! Bear with me as I explain this project and hopefully convince you to help fund this game.
Try our Kickstarter demo
- Windows: http://twinmoongalaxy.com/download/tmg-kickstarter-demo-setup.exe
- Android: http://twinmoongalaxy.com/download/tmg-kickstarter-demo.apk
What is Twin Moon Galaxy?
Twin Moon Galaxy is a sci-fi turn based RPG with pre-rendered graphics. So what do we mean by that? First, it's an RPG with turn based battles (the combat style often found in JRPGs).
Second, the game takes place in the future at a time when mankind has developed interstellar travel. The story of Twin Moon Galaxy will take you from outer space laboratories to ancient alien ruins. Finally, the graphics of Twin Moon Galaxy are made in 3D and then rendered before being used in the game. Therefore, the game is a 2D RPG, but the graphics look like 3D models.
I have been working on Twin Moon Galaxy for more than two years. By hiring animators, artists and musicians to help work on the game, I estimate that the game could be completed sometime in 2018.
What is the story about?
Twin Moon Galaxy follows the story of Maia, a young woman who awakens in a laboratory with strange abilities. She doesn't know where she is or how she got there, but as she slowly discovers the origins of her powers, she will also uncover other secrets about herself and the ones who did this to her. Others will also join Maia along the way, and their journey will take them all the way to Alpha Centauri.
How long will the game be?
The current plan is for Twin Moon Galaxy to be about 6 hours long for the main story. There will also be several side quests. Overall it could take between 6 and 9 hours to complete the game.
Why does this need funding?
If you have played the demo of Twin Moon Galaxy, then you probably noticed that some things could be improved. For the last two years, I have been working on this game on my own. I could continue developing that way, but it would take me a long time to complete it and the quality would not be as good as it could be. That is where funding comes in.
With the funding from this Kickstarter campaign, I will hire animators, artists and musicians to work on some of the most important components of the game. Meanwhile, I will be able to focus on designing and programming the game.
Where will the game be released?
Backers who receive a copy of the game will receive a DRM free version of the game which they will be able to download. Besides that, the game will be released on Steam as well as other platforms. The game will also be available for purchase directly from the Twin Moon Galaxy website.
My name is Alex. I am a software engineer by day, and independent video game developer by night. In the past I developed several flash games. Two and half years ago I started to learn to use Unity so I could make Twin Moon Galaxy.
I waited for the demo of Twin Moon Galaxy to be ready before launching this Kickstarter for you to see that I am serious about this project. I have been working on this game for more than two years and I intend to do everything I can to make sure it is completed.
Let's talk rewards!
- Supporter: Your name in the credits
- Player: Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Collector (Digital Soundtrack): Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Collector (Digital Artbook): Digital Artbook, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Collector (Soundtrack+Artbook): Digital Artbook, Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Collector (Soundtrack+Artbook+Postcard): Signed Postcard, Digital Artbook, Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Alien Designer: Design an alien, Signed Postcard, Digital Artbook, Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Character Designer: Design a character, Signed Postcard, Digital Artbook, Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
- Level Designer: Design a level, Signed Postcard, Digital Artbook, Digital Soundtrack, Digital copy of Twin Moon Galaxy & Your name in the credits
I have some ideas for stretch goals. I will provide more details as we get closer to the initial funding goal. Any funding that goes beyond the initial goal will be used in the game. Either to hire more artists, or to increase the length of the game. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for stretch goals, please let me know!
If you have any questions or comments about this project, please let me know and I will do my best to answer every question. Thanks again for checking out this Kickstarter campaign, and don't forget that you can try the PC demo. The download link is at the top of this page.
Risks and challenges
The biggest risk at this point is that I might not be able to hire enough animators, artists and musicians for every aspect of this game. However, to ensure that this isn't a big problem, I will be focusing the funding on the most important aspects of the game first. Once that is out of the way, then funding will go to some of the less important parts of the game.
Another risk is time. I am confident that the game can be completed sometime in 2018. I have already completed most of the programming, so the next year would be mostly focused on finalizing all of the levels and combining all of the art and music with the game. However, there is still a risk that the game could take longer than expected to be completed.
I intend to provide updates every few weeks to ensure backers know what's going on and how progression advances. I want the development of this game to be as open as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)