Lighting fireworks in 2014
Booms, flashes, colors...
One year ago, we started Kano, dreaming that, in 2014, anybody would be able to make and code their own computer. Now, with over 13,000 backers from over 45 countries, you've made the Kano Kit...
- The most crowd-funded learning product ever
- The third most-funded design project on Kickstarter
- ... online, with early downloads, new projects, 25 languages, and more
But the future is even more rad... So here are some fireworks in a Kano Kit – for auld lang syne and for fun.
We're working round-the-clock to...
- Improve and rev up supply chain for our kit hardware
- Improve, optimize, and test our software, Kano OS and Blocks
- Bring Kano to more places, in more languages, so more people can start making and playing with technology
What else is up??
We can't wait to start shipping early bird kits in June, and swag rewards this month. Here are three ways to be a part of the journey, and start making cool stuff right away...
- Community! Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and our Kano Talk forum to stay updated and share ideas
- Blog and translate!
- Downloads! Make your own Pong game, or get the alpha of Kano OS and the Kano Books today!
We brought Kano to Kickstarter for one reason: we wanted you to join, shape, and change Kano in 2014, because a computer anyone can make takes a tribe to build...
Want to get more kits?
One awesome side effect of doing 1500% of our funding goal is that we can fulfill larger volumes.
Want Kano Kits for your school, business, community center, or hackspace? We can do bulk orders, with a discount against individual kits.
Email us NOW at email@example.com to get on the waiting list!!
- On rewards? – firstname.lastname@example.org
- On support? – email@example.com
- On anything else? – firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, from all of us...
The journey's just beginning. With abundant, affordable computing and open, accessible thinking, the creators of the future will be everywhere – not just in the old hubs, and not just "adults only." Code can be another creative palette, a new way to think and imagine, one that beginners can love, not fear. Thanks for being with us, and for making 2013 a year to remember.