Acerca de este proyecto
Picture this: you get a new brief from a client, they want to launch their new product. You gather the team, get some post-its and start spitting out ideas. The excitement is there, but it quickly fades out: none of the firsts ideas are good enough, and the process starts to get slower and heavier.
Triggers is a new tool for creative agencies and freelancers that focuses on the idea-generation process. It's a set of physical cards that contains “what if” questions that make you think in different directions, accelerating the process of generating ideas.
The cards are designed to be as generic as possible, making them useful for ideating around new products/services, campaigns, advertising ideas and design thinking challenges.
How it works
You can use Triggers individually or within a team. You can combine it with other methods like design sprints and creative techniques.
The cards questions are like doors or paths. Every time you take one card, you are opening a door and taking a sneak peek of what’s inside. These doors make you curious, awake and creative.
All you need is a problem, a focus question you want to solve. Then you take one Triggers card and start ideating around it. You can do as many cards as you want. It’s really that simple.
These are some examples of Triggers cards. All cards will be printed and produced in Sevilla (Spain) at the awesome Les Chevalets print house.
Triggers cards are divided into four different categories (stacks) so you can mix them up or use a particular one, depending on your project.
- The Starter Stack: It contains questions with the basic elements of the ideas. Recommended for diverse teams with no specialisation on design thinking, technology or trends.
- The User-centric Stack: It contains questions related to people's needs. It focuses on ideas with a strong connection with the user. Recommended for projects that focus on community and solving people's needs.
- The Innovation Stack: It contains questions that make you think of digital solutions, trends and technology. Recommended for projects that focus on young people and emerging trends.
- The Serendipity Stack: It contains random questions. Recommended for those who prefer the power of out of the box ideas and don't want to get guided by trends or more logical factors.
Benefits of using Triggers
We have seen how the cards work in very diverse teams, and these are the results we observed:
1) It’s very horizontal. Everyone can use it, it’s simple and direct, and makes all members of the team a great asset to ideate.
2) It’s very flexible. You can use the cards in many different ways and techniques. There is not just one way.
3) It diversifies thoughts. With the cards, groups and individuals tend to think out of the box and get unexpected results.
4) It works! You can see how people immediately start spitting out ideas when they use them.
The thought behind Triggers
Alejandro Masferrer is the creator behind Triggers. He has international experience working with clients like adidas, Facebook and KLM. He is a former founder of the world-known The Pop Up Agency and has been talking and giving workshops in festivals like Cannes Lions 2015.
Triggers cards questions have been designed to stimulate your brain and make you think in different ways. Instead of starting from scratch, Triggers opens up directions for you that you may never think of your project.
We have been beta testing Triggers prototype with people from agencies and startups like Designit, Typeform, Vice, Hyper Island, Comuniza, Propelland and AKQA. This is the feedback we got.
We want to make Triggers available for everyone. With your support, we can cover the costs of producing the firsts batches of cards, build an e-commerce platform and take Triggers from prototype to a finished product.
Riesgos y desafíos
There are a lot of creative techniques out there, but there is a straight-forward tool missing. Something that works for the first minute and helps in a wide variety of projects. Triggers wants to be that tool.Más información sobre el concepto de responsabilidad en Kickstarter
Contribuir a este proyecto
Período de financiamiento
Del al (30 días)