This project will allow us to develop the former church kitchen into a brand-spanking-new teaching/learning/community/incubation kitchen. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on .
About this project
Alchemy Initiative is an urban model of sustainability and community. Transforming the former Notre Dame church and rectory, we are using food, art, and music as catalysts for social change. This project will allow us to develop the former church cooking facility into a brand-spanking-new commercial kitchen. This au courant kitchen will open up lots of uncharted opportunities for our community… we will rent to small food producers (think of your aunt who wants to turn her cupcake-making hobby into a real business); we will teach cooking classes (from cheese-making to canning); and we will have good old-fashioned community meals (bringing the people of Pittsfield together with food).
The Deets on the deal : : :
• Green renovations using earth friendly building materials, wherever and whenever possible
• Wall dividing the kitchen from our former church bingo-hall now-turned artist studios
• Quarry tile flooring
• Replacement ceiling with improved lighting
• Stainless Steel wall treatments in cooking area
• Video cam for live teaching screen with recording capacity
• Handicapped accessible bathroom
• Handwash sink
• Utility sink
• Commercial Dishwasher
• 10 Burner stove with grill and 2 ovens
• A convection oven
• Under counter refrigeration
• 30 qt mixer
• Harvest table for 12
• Chairs for harvest table
Activities to come:
• After school, after work, and weekend classes teaching healthy cooking and nutrition
• Farm to food classes (from our urban farm to our renovated kitchen)
• 4-5 small business tenants producing food commercially
• Community kitchen for Alchemy Initiative residents and others in need of a large shared cooking space
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $10 or more
A hand made personalized thank you card and a shout out on our Facebook and Twitter.
Pledge $25 or more
All of the above plus an Alchemy Initiative mug.
Pledge $50 or more
All of the above plus an Alchemy Initiative potholder.
Pledge $100 or more
All of the above plus 6 handmade Alchemy Initiative napkins.
Pledge $250 or more
All of the above plus a handmade Alchemy Initiative apron, and
a hand silk-screened kitchen print.
Pledge $500 or more
All of the above plus an invitation to our Kitchen opening
party with a place at the table of our first Alchemy Initiative
Kitchen dinner party.
- (89 days)