We met our initial funding goal (AWESOME x 10!). But we still need your support! More backers + more pledges helps us get more feminist gear out into the world + spark more convos about feminism! PLEASE pass this Kickstarter campaign onto feminist friends! And email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have media contacts or other excellent ideas. We R all ears. (Seriously!)
What’s Agent GirlPower?
Agent GirlPower is the Arab world's first feminist fashion brand. Our mission is to help Arab feminists take up more space in the global women's movement. We also want to create solidarity between Arab + Western feminists, as no matter the language or nationality, feminists are better united!
Agent GirlPower blends fashion with social consciousness, empowering women (+ men!) to wear their feminist values in both Arabic + English. We all deserve social justice + gender equality. Wear your Agent GirlPower + spark conversations about feminism wherever you go. Lets make change happen!
The 1st Agent GirlPower Collection is made up of 10 items of clothing + jewelry. True to Agent GirlPower values, the entire collection is ethically made.
- Clothing is made with certified organic cotton in India by women paid fair wages in good conditions.
- Jewelry is made out of recycled brass in Kenya by women living in the Kybera slum paid fair trade wages.
Check out our products!
Agent GirlPower Signature Feminist + Equality Patches
The Agent GirlPower Clothing Line
The Agent GirlPower Jewelry Line
Money. What for?
We take your support seriously. Your pledge up to $20,000 will go towards:
- An initial product run of both clothing + jewelry; with your support, we can meet factory minimums (Yippee!)
- Purchase of a backer software so we can survey you efficiently for product color, language + size
- Set up of a shipping fulfillment system
- Kickstarter fees
Beyond $20,000, your pledge will go to building a shop website (so we have a permanent home!) + hiring a sales rep so we can get our cool feminist gear into real life shops (so legit!).
Meet The Team.
Our Ambassador Squad.
Who better than strong women dedicated to women’s empowerment, to wear our values?
Want to know more about these cool feminists? Check out their feeds here!
Manal BK - Shay Mitchell - Ouidad Elma - Sophia Bush -Violette Serrat - Hugette Montesinos - - Mindy Gledhill - Fatima Lohdi - Alisa Burke - - Kenya Ramer - Natalia Jane - Rebecca Gaddis - Jade Azancot - Alana Yolande
Can't make a choice?
You can add additional items to your pledge level by simply choosing the item(s) you would like from the grids below. Then, follow the instructions below and you're all set to go!
Please note, all add-ons require base pledge to be at the $40 tier and above.
- Press the "Manage Your Pledge" button. If you have not pledged yet, it will say "Back this Project".
- Increase your pledge in the "Pledge Amount" box by the total of the add-ons you'd like to include.
- After the end of our Kickstarter campaign, you will receive a survey. We will ask you questions so that you can explain how you would like the additional money assigned.
Risks and challenges
As with any apparel production process, we are mindful of the various circumstances that may arise. In our case, the main risks we see are:
- delays in production
- quality control
However, at Agent GirlPower we have done our due diligence + formed strong relationships with our manufacturers in both India + Kenya. We are committed to maintaining the highest ethical standards + transparent communication processes for both our backers and manufacturers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)