Over a year in the making, the AEONIC Glaucus Dive watch is a timepiece I am extremely proud to introduce here. I took many elements from various designs that we all know and love to produce a style I am totally in love with wearing personally and I think you will be too!
Here's the story behind the name:
In Greek mythology, Glaucus was a mortal who ate a magical herb and became an immortal god of the sea. This name carried over to one of the ocean’s most interesting creatures, the Glaucus Atlanticus. This “Sea Dragon” eats Portuguese Man-o-war jellyfish and stores the poison for use on anyone who dares to get near it. This watch encapsulates the uniqueness of this creature along with sea-faring nature of Glaucus himself. With strong lines, interesting features, and a handsome appearance, you will love wearing this watch in any situation.
The features of this watch include:
- 42mm 316L Stainless, Light Gun PVD coated case and case back (13.7mm thick and 48.7mm lug to lug length)
- 300m/1000ft Water Resistance
- Tough Sapphire Crystal with Anti-Reflective coating
- Beautifully textured black or white dial
- Fine Seiko NH35A Automatic Movement (Winding and hacking capabilities, beating at 21,600 bph)
- Vintage-inspired “Roulette” date wheel (Even dates are red)
- SuperLumiNova (BGW9) on the hands and indices for reading in low light situations
- 22mm 316L Stainless PVD Coated bracelet and special edition nato
- Packaged in a custom AEONIC™ Leather 2 watch roll
- 24 month Warranty
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge in this project will be my distance from my manufacturer. We have open communications, but if there were an issue with something along the way the distance could make things interesting.
I also believe that keeping open communication with our backers is extremely important, so making sure that I am as transparent and timely as possible throughout this process will be a challenge, but worth the time and effort involved.
That said, I believe that I am well equipped to handle these issues by ensuring that my quality standards are met and my design stays true to the AEONIC™ code.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)