About this project
NOTE: THIS IS A LIMITED PRINT RUN!
This means we'll be producing a limited number of print hardbacks for backers and a few dozen to sell in game shops around the Seattle area. Once these have sold out they're gone, so pledge now if you would like a print copy.
The Underworld Races & Classes tome for 5th Edition and the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (two separate books) includes devious drow, deep mining svirfneblin, psychedelic funglets, beautiful, semi-crystalline colliatur and more: a total of 14 new races and over 25 classes clocking in at 250+ pages!
In 2014 AAW Games released the ENnie Award nominated Rise of the Drow mega-adventure along with various source books, injecting a huge dose of the wonder of spelunking back into the deep realms of the games we all know and love.
Critical acclaim and fan demand prompted the creation of individual books, featuring new races and classes born from the darkness and alien splendor of the caves below as well as detailed notes on the cultures and histories of these proud people.
The frontier of the deep, its black horizons with their phosphorescent lights, deserves unique heroes and villains to populate the crystal-studded caverns, black subterranean lakes and mushroom jungles.
Using feedback obtained from numerous fans, play-testers, and reviewers we have completely revised and expanded upon all of our races & classes and combined them into one rock-solid volume for each system, suitable as darker, weirder and more insidious companions to your Pathfinder RPG and 5th Edition core books.
Beyond a ton of revised material, this book features new races and classes as well: The profane apex predators of the realms below, the crocodile-like kraidyl are waiting right here to take a bite out of your foes.
Slicing enemies to ribbons with long, crystalline filaments and lethal, retractable claws, the colliatur reavers are calm centers in the carnage, as the legions of the undead fall around them, as the mirthful mariachis of the cheerful quasi-undead dødelig halflings sing battle-hymn masterpieces while peppering their foes with hot lead shot from their instruments.
You know you want to get in the saddle of that svirfneblin riding slug and explore the fragile, yet gorgeous Amber Roads, even if that quipping, not-so-friendly web-slinging drow is waiting just around the corner!
Authors of the newly revised Underworld Races & Classes tome include Thilo Graf AKA Endzeitgeist (Advanced Races Compendium by Kobold Press, Laying Waste by TPK Games, Strange Magic by Interjection Games), Stephen Rowe (Advanced Races Compendium, Paizo: Pathfinder Player Companions: Paths of the Righteous, Healer's Handbook, and Haunted Heroes Handbook), Chris Harris (Tome of Beasts, Advanced Races), Mike Myler (ENnie winning AaWBlog!, Hypercorps 2099 by Legendary Games, Veranthea Codex by Rogue Genius Games), and Jonathan G. Nelson (AAW Games owner/publisher and author on Rise of the Drow, Snow White, and Alagoran's Gem).
Best of all: The book is written, playtested and ready to go - it is literally finished and ready for layout! The text is all done and this campaign is all about getting you the best-looking, most gorgeous book you can ask for!
Instead of lining up additional races & classes as stretch goals we're giving you everything up front, straight out of the gates!
So, what exactly do you get?
This tome will include everything you need to create and play new and exciting races from the caverns of the world below. The pages will include new classes, archetypes, origins, and domains.
- Ahoolings, nefarious bat-people of the underworld
- Colliatur, crystal-infused champions of life
- Dødelig, friendly dias de los muertos-style undead halflings
- Draaki, the fallen dragonkin of the dark
- Drow, the insidious matriarchal rulers of the underworld
- Dvergr (dwarf), first of the dwarven races, master sappers
- Dweorg (dwarf), the legendary smiths
- Funglet, the enigmatic fungus-folk
- Gitwerc (dwarf), masters of the infernal regions of Hel
- Hoyrall, multi-armed insectoid interlopers from the realms beyond
- Kraidyl, the profane crocodile-like race of heretic predators
- Svirfneblin, the brilliant scientists of the realms below
- Vestraadi, alien and blind, seeing the world with their unique sonar
- Zwerc (dwarf), isolationist and fey, redefining what 'dwarf' means
- Iron Singer - Screech foes apart with lethal sonic blasts. (Ahool)
- Ahool Keener - Emulate or channel the deadly scream of the ahool. (General/Ahool)
- Crystal Cannonade - Fuse crossbows with your crystalline arms and snipe the undead. (Colliatur)
- Colliatur Reaver (+Pathfinder Unchained version) - Wolverine-like claws + crystalline piano-wire-like filaments at range. (Colliatur)
- Day Rambler - The daywalker undead halfling. (Dødelig)
- Mirthful Mariachi - Universal instrument spell-less masterpiece specialist bard/gunslinger. (Dødelig)
- Wyrmblooded - Unleash the full potential of draaki power. (Draaki)
- Master of the Web - Spider-themed monk tradition that can grow arms and use webs...not so neighborhood-friendly. (Drow)
- Mistress of the Web - The perfect deceiver/manipulator (Drow)
- Dour Destroyer - Antipaladin of entropy with an intelligent, magic item consuming weapon and an aura that breaks foes...and their tools. (Dvergr)
- Underminer - Dire badger-riding knight that can erupt from below. (Dvergr)
- Undergineer -Explosives master with an eternal boomstick. (Dvergr)
- Fortune's Smith - Traveling smith that bestows luck on those that wear his crafted items. (Dweorg)
- Smithkin - Military field craftsman. (Dweorg)
- Fungal Hulk (+Pathfinder Unchained version) - Swamp Thing-like as a mushroom-person; leaves a trail of spores when enraged. (Funglet)
- Psilocybist - Throw deadly, exploding mushroom caps and cast far-out spells. (Funglet/General)
- Underterror - Mutating, shape-shifting horror (Gitwerc)
- Hel Savant - Slightly less mutating shape-shifting horror...with an emphasis on the powers of Hel. (Gitwerc)
- Soul Burner - Make soul-candles from foes and burn them; control when spells set off. (Gitwerc)
- Hoyrall Shredder - Unique offense/defense melee fighter that uses four arms to full effect. (Hoyrall)
- Siktauryi Specialist - Shoot foes with an unique symbiote that digests and converts poison. (Hoyrall)
- Primordial Predator - Apex predator crocodile-style savage (Kraidyl)
- Gemcaster - Metamagic specialist utilizing gems. (Svirfneblin/General)
- Svirf Scientist - Who needs magic when you can use SCIENCE? (Svirfneblin)
- Vestraadi Argus - The ultimate blind watchman/spy. Eyes are are overrated. (Vestraadi)
- Stonespeaker - Call the earth to evaporate foes. (General/Zwerc)
- Blind Duelist - Blind warrior, nigh unstoppable in duels. (Vestraadi)
- A detailed history and information on each race, its peculiarities, settlements and customs
- Notes on interactions with other races in the Underworld and beyond
- A completely revised domain for the insidious drow to make the upperworlders fear even the very shadow they cast!
- Blow foes up with your exploding mushroom caps!
- Be a force of entropy and see the tools of your foes fall apart!
- Vanquish your foes in honorable duels as they underestimate the power of your sonar-powered senses!
- Burn the souls of your foes to crisps and feast on their power!
- Cackle with glee as your eternal boomstick triggers cave-ins!
- Ride into battle atop a lethal badger and charge foes from below!
- ...and so much more!
$1,000 is our funding goal
Thank you for making this book possible!
Each time we add another $1,000 to this Kickstarter a new stretch goal will be unlocked. Share this project with your friends and help us unlock them all!
New Stretch Goals Below!
Something Wicked Lurks: Underworld Bestiary
New monsters from the deep below!
The Underworld Bestiary will be included at the back of the Underworld Races & Classes book providing exciting new creatures for your characters to encounter, battle, befriend, and even ride as mounts! These stretch goals include creature lore, crunch, and new artwork.
...and you've unlocked everything we had planned so as we prepare some potentially exciting news... feast upon the FUNGI OF THE UNDERWORLD! Unlock these delectable (and potentially poisonous) mushrooms for your new PCs to discover, experiment with, and use just as one would the flora of the Upperworld!
ALL BACKER GOALS UNLOCKED EXCEPT THE 900 BACKER OCCULT GOAL, SHARE THIS CAMPAIGN AND HELP MAKE THIS HAPPEN!
Mates Laurentiu is our lead artist here at AAW Games, with your help this epic tome will be thoroughly peppered with his gorgeous artwork. Watch Mates "Larry" Laurentiu draw some of our Underworld Races in these videos below.
Page Layout Samples
Music in video by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Risks and challenges
The writing and editing for Underworld Races & Classes has already been completed as of this Kickstarter's launch date. AAW Games' lead artist Mates Laurentiu has already been working on creating brand new artwork for each race and class. This Kickstarter project is ready to go pending final art, stretch/backer goals, and layout. The funds acquired will be used to pay our authors, artists, editors, layout professionals, and provide printing and distribution of these tomes to backers as well as making them available to the world at large for purchase. The only challenge we perceive as a potential factor in delaying this project would be using a single artist (which gives a sense of cohesion to the tome) because if he gets sick or otherwise behind on work it could delay delivery of the project. We're setting the delivery date nine months out just in case but hope to deliver books four to six months after the conclusion of this Kickstarter.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)