About this project
Help us craft a Pathfinder RPG bestiary worthy of the Aventyr name!
This set of beautifully illustrated monsters are drawn from scores of AdventureAWeek.com adventures (spanning over 3 years!) and daily entries from the ENnie Award winning AaWBlog. We’ve carefully hand picked some of the finest beasts from the vastness of Aventyr to craft a gorgeous, full-color book which will enhance your gaming collection and provide PCs with an array of exciting new encounters for years to come!
UPDATE: Stretch goals have added dozens of additional monsters which need new artwork. It is likely the estimated fulfillment date will be as listed on the Kickstarter.
Here's a small taste of what the Aventyr Bestiary will include:
- Book Golem and Liberum Golem – If you prefer your golems well read, these constructs are up your alley—just mind the paper cuts.
- Chicken Coop – Swallow parties whole with this madman's dream of a chicken mixed with a house.
- Cold Mutated Ogre Spider, Earthen Spider, Sloth Spider – We at AaW firmly believe there can just never be enough spiders.
- Exsanguinator the Daemon – Make adventurers really feel the hurt and introduce them to the master of blood.
- Eye Eater – Give maiming PCs a try and don't hesitate to rip out an eye or two (it can give them a new perspective on the game!)
- Mosaic Tile Golem, Mushroom Golem, Pumpkin Golem, Totem Golem, Treasure Golem – There's a reason Paizo is so fond of these...
- NITNAM – Remember that time the adventurers had to go inside of the giant, flesh-sac alien monster to kill it? You always will.
- Pubo, Great Pubo, Jinn Wizard, Tyngdekraften – Explosions, antimagic fields, and gravity wells—who could ask for anything more?
- Skildpadder – If dwarves don't belong on top of giant subterranean tortoise-bullettes, what's the world coming to?
- Templates: Dark Scion, Eldritch, Fleshdoll, HEL, Titanic – Because you never really can have enough templates.
- These monsters and more await but we need your help to complete the final artwork and print the Aventyr Bestiary! Pledge today and show your support for this project!
Aventyr Bestiary Developers
Michael Allen, Curtis Baum, Jeffrey Gomez, Joshua Gullion, Jacob Kellogg, Jared Jeanquart, Juan Lucha, Justin Andrew Mason, Jonathan McAnulty, Michael McCarthy, Brian Wiborg Monster, Will Myers, Mike Myler, Jonathan G. Nelson, Colin Stricklin, Cory Vickruck, Stephen Yeardley
Much of the artwork in the Aventyr Bestiary will be brand new and hand drawn by Romanian artist Mates Laurentiu (Rise of the Drow, Pure Steam, Snow White). Preview his drawing style in this video where he draws the Eldritch Steam Mephit from start to finish in Photoshop:
Good news! This book will be simultaneously printed in both the USA and UK, which means reasonable rates on post parcels bound for Europe are finally a reality!
Shipping & Handling Prices:
United Kingdom: $6
United States: Free / $5 for hardcover
European Union: $10
Rest of world: $20
The Aventyr Bestiary Kickstarter has reached 400 backers which means Raven Mimura (Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, Star Wars) has been added as our official cover artist. He will also create a brand new monster which will be added to the existing menagerie already contained in this growing tome.
Mates Laurentiu drawing monsters
Risks and challenges
While AAW Games is currently running other projects the individuals in each of those groups are completely separate from this project. The only person working on multiple projects is Romanian artist Mates Laurentiu who has already completed all of the artwork for Snow White and 80% of the artwork for Into the Wintery Gale. He is slated to complete work by the end of July 2015 so his plate will be clean by the time we need him to complete any stretch goal monster artwork on the Aventyr Bestiary project.
We have complete confidence that we will fulfill this project well ahead of schedule. Much of the work is already done and awaiting your support to allow for printing.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)