Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this will be ok. We will hold the oaken door open after the campaign for a limited time, and everyone can make it in. Unless... well, unless the chaos beast gets you. Serious this time! Haha. Really, be afraid.Last updated:
Yes, we will support group pledges. Please see the campaign page graphics for more info.
A couple of key notes.
1) Please email peter AT breakinggames DOT com with your plan, so we can work with you
2) You can mix and match both box designs on the group pledge.
3) We recommend you stay with the same tier, same copies of the game for the whole pledge. If someone wants a different version in the group, please include this information on the email and we will try to accommodate.
4) Group pledges are in increments of 2, 3, 6 and 24. (if wanting other combos, ask)
5) Every member of your group pledge needs to back the campaign for $1. This accomplishes two goals: a) we can unlock social goals and more funding with more backers and b) allows communication of key news to all. Thanks for your understanding. (This added amount will be taken off at the end in the pledge manger).
Discounts: Additional copies are at a significantly discounted rate. For 6 or 24 copies, there is a game price discount as well. To adjust your pledge to reflect the copies you're ordering, please add the dollar amount of the new games to the master account that is ordering. (minus the discount per copy as it applies).
Everyone in the group receives the Minotaur if the master pledger unlocks it with the code. If the master pledger is not unlocking the Minotaur with a code, they can still add-on as many Minotaur items as desired in the pledge manager.Last updated:
There are 8 elemental tracks, each with a prize at the end. You can help us move up a track in 2 ways - element specific or general milestones. After we achieve a general milestone, we'll have a vote on which track to proceed.
General milestone links:
Comment/Subscribe to MCGuiRE review (YouTube): https://youtu.be/LOGpN5LrzxE
Get a friend to back this on Kickstarter! Link to share: http://kck.st/2FxIVZN
on Discord (for unlocking Discord joins!): https://discord.gg/8U4BzYe
on Facebook (for unlocking FB membership): https://www.facebook.com/groups/dwellingsofeldervale/permalink/507172119824898/
Specific goals - how to play:
1) take a picture of an element (air, earth, fire, water, light, darkness, order, chaos) (get creative) and share this pic on social media with the hashtag #dwellingsofeldervale
2) use a game image tied to an element and share that game image on social media with the hashtag #dwellingsofeldervale - here's a dropbox link to some images:
3) elemental monster battles! Help vote for a monster to win, and help that element
vote on FB (group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/dwellingsofeldervale)
or vote on BGG (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/2234504/monster-domination-tourney-fun)
If any other questions, please ask on the KS wall, and we'll update the FAQ if unclear! Thanks for playing!Last updated:
Why yes they do! Thank you for double checking. This was designed this way to accommodate everyone's preferences. We will provide sizing and quantity for card sleeves when we lock the production components. Game on!Last updated:
Are we supposed to solve the Quest for K riddles/puzzles ourselves or work as a team on them? And, is this a group unlock, or will we claim our own minotaur minis?
You will need to have the code required when the time comes to claim your own minotaur mini in the pledge manager. The final puzzle will give you one word, and you will enter that word in the pledge manager to discount the price to zero. We do welcome pack behavior when you are hunting down the solutions! We have lots of people teaming up to solve these (and having fun doing so!), both in our Facebook group and on the BGG forums. Good luck!
Update on Shipping to Asia. We have talked with VFI, and have found much shipping rates with them. Please check the shipping prices on the campaign page for updated shipping estimates. Some countries and regions (namely China, Hong Kong, Macao, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand) also include VAT free shipping using VFI. Shipping prices are just estimates.Last updated:
This Kickstarter is just for the English version of the game, which is full of many cards with text. We do welcome discussions with any other publishers who want to help us bring the game to other languages in the future. Thanks for the interest!Last updated:
The minotaur is smaller than a monster. The monsters are 50mm +, the dragons on the table owned by players are 30mm high. The minotaur is estimated at 30-35mm, and with a 22mm base. The minotaur is our first released "mercenary" unit. So it will be worthy of spending a rare orb to hire him (the way you acquire him in the game).
More information about how this unit works in the game available here from the designer:
Thanks for solving the puzzle! To enter your code, you'll wait until the Kickstarter is concluded, then in a couple weeks we'll launch a Pledge Manager - this is a survey of sorts that will ask you your address, collect shipping funds and also its the place you can enter your Minotaur code to get that for free. Hold on to the code for now. Thanks again for playing and great work!Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question