A mockumentary about a college addiction program that handles all addictions in the same room at the same time.
Thanks to your continued contributions and generous donations we have been able to get the talents of Matt Walsh and Jerry Lambert; two comedy veterans and hilarious individuals. NOT TO MENTION! Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky from Full House)!
Matt Walsh: From the hit movies "Ted", "The Hangover", "Old School", and currently playing the role of Mike McLintock on the hit HBO series "Veep", Matt is one of the founding members of the Uprights Citizens Brigade. He will be playing the part of the Dean; a jerk who oozes authority and wants to shut down Addicts Anonymous.
THE HANGOVER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlrdVRISrS8
Jerry Lambert: Jerry's credits include Showtime's hit series "Shameless", "Family Guy", & "Bad Teacher". You may also know Jerry from his popular Sony Playstation commercials, where he played fictional PlayStation Vice President Kevin Butler. Jerry will be playing the role of Phil; a pompous ethics professor, know-it-all, who bullies Gary Goldberg and makes fun of him constantly.
MEET THE PARENTS!
Lori Loughlin signs on to Addicts Anonymous! Lori Loughlin and Shawn Christian will play the dysfunctional parents of the neurotic and emotionally impotent Gary Goldberg (Freddie Smith). Lori Loughlin is best known for her role as Aunt Becky on the sitcom, "Full House". Shawn and Lori played "on-again-off-again" love interests on the WB show, "Summerland" and in Addicts their relationship is twisted and incendiary; constantly bickering over the proper way to raise their socially unaware "baby boy".
With your continued support we are raising the quality of content and production value here at Addicts Anonymous. So please continue to #spreadtheaddiction! And thanks for supporting our addiction!
-Freddie, Jack, Nate, Shawn
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER & CO-CREATOR:
WHY DO WE NEED THE MONEY?
We want to shoot six eight-minute episodes to bring you Season 1 of 'Addicts Anonymous'. Our estimated start date is June 22nd.
WHAT IS ADDICTS ANONYMOUS?
The heart of our show is not about the addictions themselves, but a metaphor for the problems that we all face in our everyday lives. Anger, over-indulging and partying are just a few of the things that all of us can relate to in one way or another. The reason the show is set in college is because that is the time and place where most people start to find out who they really are.
The entire cast and crew have experience working in film and television, and because of that, we know what it takes to make something professional.
WHERE WILL IT BE SEEN?
With your help and generous donations, we will create something that will ultimately be seen on outlets such as Youtube and Netflix. ￼
- Freddie Smith (Days of Our Lives, 90210) www.imdb.com/name/nm2887134/
- Jack Briggs (Private Practice, ImagiGARY) www.imdb.com/name/nm3183233/
- Jared Kusnitz (Underemployed, Secret Life) www.imdb.com/name/nm2057557/
- Molly Burnett (Ladies Man, Days of Our Lives) www.imdb.com/name/nm2796394/
- Rakefet Abergel (Superbad, Just Go With It) www.imdb.com/name/nm1679525/
- Miles Wood (iCarly, Melissa and Joey) www.imdb.com/name/nm3375133/
- Nate Hartley (Drillbit Taylor, Role Models) www.imdb.com/name/nm2107837/
- Alyssa Tabit (Client List) www.imdb.com/name/nm2886399/
- Rob Holeman (Addicts Anonymous) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3904024/
- Lawrence Papale (Addicts Anonymous) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4640094/
- Shawn Christian (Friends, Will & Grace) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0160085/
- Matt Walsh (Ted, Hangover, Old School) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0909768/
- Jerry Lambert (Family Guy, Bad Teacher) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1208801￼
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?
- Equipment 2 Canon 5d rentals $300 a day for 6 days = $1800
- 2 3-light kit rentals $170 a day for 6 days = $1020
- 2 sound mixers $120 a day for 6 days = $720
- Mics, recorders, audio cables = $575
- Locations - Classroom 5 days at $1200 a day = $6000
- Dean’s office/reception 2 days = $2400
- House $1000 for 1 day = $1000
- Crew 2 DP’s $200 a day for 6 days = $1200
- 2 sound mixers $200 for 6 days = $1200
- Set decorator $100 a day for 6 days = $600
- AD $200 a day for 6 days = $1200
- DIT $100 a day for 6 days = $600
- 2 light techs $200 a day 6 days = $1200
- Grip/Boom $200 a day for 6 days = $1200
- PA $100 a day for 6 days = $600
- Hair a $100 a day for 6 days = $600
- Make up $100 a day for 6 days = $600
- Catering $200 a day for 6 days = $1200
- Website Design and Publication = $975
- Post production/Editing 2 weeks $100 a day for 14 days = $1400
- 8 series regulars at $100 a day for 6 days = $4800
- 4 supporting/various episodes = $700
GRAND TOTAL = $31,590
SHAWN'S DATING PROFILE VIDEO:
MEET THE DEAN:
BEHIND THE SCENES:
-- Footage Shot --
Hunter Bradley (Director, Editor, Writer)
Karl Stelter (Cinematographer)
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
We all know that there are risks and challenges involved when releasing content of a humorous variety.
"Will the audience laugh?" "Will they like it?"
But even before it's made, every production runs the risk of unforeseen circumstances, such as...
The camera malfunctions, a light breaks, or the horse caught on fire again...
But with your help, if we get fully funded, we will have the resources to hire professionals who are as serious, determined, and as disciplined as we are to making you laugh as well as making worthwhile content.
It's our hope to create something that could very well change the world...or in a less dramatic sense, at least make you smile for a moment, turn to a friend and be able to say,
"I helped make this."
Good news: yes. (Until May 27th.) If people donate after our goal is met this allows us to get better sets, props, celebrity actors for the older characters that we have yet to cast, locations and better equipment, every dollar over our goal will help us make the best series we can possibly make.