“On the way home, I’d often picture myself using my laptop comfortably and with no limits. But shortly after every time I’d try it, I’d realize something was missing from my picture. The desk, the couch, the bed; I couldn’t get quite cozy with any of these.
I looked for solutions on the internet, and I tried everything I could find.
It turned out there were many products that seemed to fit the bill, but when tested they fell flat. Some were solid but not comfortable. There were light and portable ones, but they weren’t reliable and durable. There were many products that had characteristics I was looking for; none of them had them all, in one system.
So… my team and I took it upon ourselves and designed one from the ground up.”
~ Gus, Head Designer of AdapDesk
Here’s what we’ve got:
AdapDesk is not just a portable laptop desk that you can use in comfort.
It’s a complete system that lets you use your laptop to it’s fullest potential. Doesn’t matter what you’re using it for, you can do so with all your peripherals connected, a mouse of your choice and while having a drink.
Works outstandingly well under load. Tested over 80 pounds.
Now comes in 4 editions:
- The AdapDesk Fully Foldable edition folds to 11.75” x 12.75” x 3.75”, so it fits inside most backpacks and laptop briefcases.
- The AdapDesk+ Fully Foldable edition is 5” wider and folds to 14.25” x 12.75” x 3.75”, and still fits inside most backpacks and laptop briefcases.
- The AdapDesk Standard edition folds into a 12.75” x 23.5” x 2” for easy storage.
- The AdapDesk+ Standard edition is 5” wider and folds into a 12.75” x 28.5” x 2” for easy storage.
- AdapDesk unit weighs 5 lbs (2.26 kg).
- AdapDesk+ unit weighs 5.5 lbs (2.49 kg).
- Mouse Pad Holder weighs 0.5 lbs (0.23 kg).
- Cup Holder weighs 0.3 pounds (0.14 kg).
- Made from high quality furniture grade calibrated maple ply wood with a hardened tough finish.
- Scratch resistant work surfaces for years of use without wear.
Take it with you on the go.
Risks and challenges
Our experience and commitment assures us that we can accomplish what we set out to. Included in our plan are measures which serve to mitigate the effect of unexpected snags. We already did a production for the marketing test version of AdapDesk not so long ago. We're accustomed to dealing with a certain degree of unforeseen situations and have always been able to overcome them. Our backers can rest assured that we will deliver what we promise. As always, keeping our backers happy is our first priority.
Here’s to a nice ride!
AdapDeskLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)